Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

Hyde is a monster loss. 
But stop looking for a starter replacement. Jaquan has been here a long time. The fact people are acting like an upgrade is needed already is a little too extreme. Let’s see him play. There’s still 4 safeties on the roster if you factor in Siran Neal used to play safety. If you draft and develop this is the scenario you do it for. 
Speedy recovery Micah.. We will definitely miss ya. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every team loses players as the year goes along ,

The Bills have the knack of finding defensive backfield talent ,so let’s let Bean go to work and see what he comes up with . 
White should almost be ready for return  so he will probably get the roster spot.

I know nothing about either practice team defensive backs, but wouldn’t think they would be ready yet.

33 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually agree with you a bit here.  I think Hyde's injury actually makes it more likely they re-sign Poyer and release Hyde by giving Poyer his money. I would think if you see Johnson play well, he will be getting a contract extension soon.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of "Hyde money".  He took a restructure bonus signing this March and it added 3 void years.

Next year he has $7M of his $10M cap hit in dead money.

There is always a risk when players are "restructured".

5 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

The Bills have the knack of finding defensive backfield talent ,so let’s let Bean go to work and see what he comes up with . 
White should almost be ready for return  so he will probably get the roster spot.

I know nothing about either practice team defensive backs, but wouldn’t think they would be ready yet.

White cannot be activated until week 5 at the earliest, so I highly doubt they leave an open roster spot for 2 weeks minimum.

2 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Last year was our year to win it all. 

We have Josh Allen and our offense. Not to mention, no one expected Hyde and Poyer to be what they turned into. Let’s see if Johnson will have a similar trajectory, we do have McDermott the db whisperer. 

14 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Whoever Beane picks up is going to be a depth player. Johnson and/or Hamlin are the ones stepping into the starter spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of "Hyde money".  He took a restructure bonus signing this March and it added 3 void years.

Next year he has $7M of his $10M cap hit in dead money.

There is always a risk when players are "restructured".

Yea I looked that up about an hour ago - I take back what I said about moving on - he'll be back.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Isn't Collins a SS?  They need someone with some FS experience IMO.

The Bills don't really define their safety roles like that, it's not going to be a Leonard Smith in the box and a Bill Simpson roaming deep. Part of that quarters defense, and the thing that makes it tough, is each safety has their side of the field to patrol and handle both pass and run defense on their side. As long as Jaquan or Hamlin can execute the role, it shouldn't be beyond their physical limitations. The lack of experience is the biggest thing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.