Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m very curious to know the story of the first and second medical opinion.  

Was the second because he was looking for more optimistic results and the chance to play, or did he believe it was worse and the first opinion was going to allow him to play.  

With it not being his first neck injury, I wonder if he might go the Eric Wood route and retire.  He’s made plenty of money and not sure if it’s worth the risk at his age. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I think Allen or Von would hurt.  Obviously Allen would be the killer, but we need Von in the playoffs.  I don't know if we have other guys who can close out the Chiefs type teams. 

First and foremost we must keep Josh, Von and Diggs healthy. Hopefully Micah will be the only IR guy for now while we wait for Tre and others to recover from their issues. Give Juquan his chance or maybe Collins down the road?

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really? Old veteran in the last year of his deal coming off a major injury? Those guys get cut all the time. 

Maybe he comes back but the odds are against it.

I actually agree with you a bit here.  I think Hyde's injury actually makes it more likely they re-sign Poyer and release Hyde by giving Poyer his money. I would think if you see Johnson play well, he will be getting a contract extension soon.

Bad news, but we can’t cry over spilt milk, as the saying goes, next man up!

Go Bills!!!

I think secretly the Bills love Johnson and have maybe even been looking for an avenue to get him in the mix. Obviously not an injury but I bet part of this organization is excited to get a look at what the future holds at Safety.  This truly sucks and I hope Hyde is ok long term. All we can do is wait and see but hopefully this doesn’t completely sink us. Id say at this point this team has more then earned the benefit of the doubt so I’ll trust them to find a way to make it work.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 3

I echo what others have said:

Obviously it's a huge blow to our defense, but more importantly, I feel so bad for Micah the person. To build toward this team and this type of season for five years and then have it ripped away from you two games in....just brutal. Football is a cruel game sometimes.

Here's hoping #4 is ready for the challenge.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

J. jones and Damar Hamlin bud.  Cam backs those two up.  Jones has been good in preseason for four years and knows the system like the back of his hand.  You just haven’t seen him on the field as Micah and Poyer are almost never injured and if so it’s been brief.

Poyer should play.  I’m sorry for Hyde, but I so do the sky is falling thing at this point.  Hopefully we’ll see Poyer most of the year, Dane should be back soon enough and Tre we hope will be ready for the Chiefs.  We also have the best nickel corner in the league not to mention a secondary’s best friend is the pass rush.

Do you mean Jaquan Johnson?  If so, I agree. Johnson had a lot of reps when Poyer was out, and he is ready to shine. 

57 minutes ago, Big C said:

They are the best safety duo in the NFL and have been. Ultimately that didn’t stop a top tier QB in Mahomes finding holes in the short and intermediate field which turned into big gains. If we can consistently get pressure with four rushers the rest will take care of itself. Our secondary helped mask a mediocre pass rush early on, but now we have the pieces up front, and we can trust the coaching staff to get the depth pieces ready to play as has been the case over the years. 

That's an optimistic view which I don't disagree with. Hopefully, the younger guys developand are ready for the playoffs vs teams with vaunted passing attacks like KC and SD. It's a thinking error to think Hyde won't be missed. I can't help but think about a healthy Tre vs KC. Hyde was one of the vocal leaders of the Bills. The return of a healthy Tre and the Bills depth certainly will help and mask the Hyde loss. As stated, the pass rush needs to continue to be very good to great. Without it, the path to wining games becomes much more difficult. 

Football gods please no more significant injuries for the Bills.

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really? Old veteran in the last year of his deal coming off a major injury? Those guys get cut all the time. 

Maybe he comes back but the odds are against it.

All pro- team captain- culture leader-  1/2 of one of the best safety tandems in the league- those guys don’t get cut all the time because they don’t exist all the time.  

If he recovers well from his injury and can return to a similar level of play, I’ll be shocked if he’s cut.  He’s more than just a starting safety and this team and it’s culture  is built on players that are more than just players.  He’s a building block of this teams culture 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m very curious to know the story of the first and second medical opinion.  

Was the second because he was looking for more optimistic results and the chance to play, or did he believe it was worse and the first opinion was going to allow him to play.  

With it not being his first neck injury, I wonder if he might go the Eric Wood route and retire.  He’s made plenty of money and not sure if it’s worth the risk at his age. 

I would lean towards looking for more optimistic results. 

Players talk, no need for the Bills doctors to try and rush a player back and risk losing the teams credibility. 

If they did that would be bad.

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Might be up to Beane to make a trade.

I agree with others who have said that we’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of our safeties, but I think we knew this day was coming.

Trade a 1st and 6th to Steelers for Fitzpatrick?  (don’t know the cap implications)

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All pro- team captain- culture leader-  1/2 of one of the best safety tandems in the league- those guys don’t get cut all the time because they don’t exist all the time.  

If he recovers well from his injury and can return to a similar level of play, I’ll be shocked if he’s cut.  He’s more than just a starting safety and this team and it’s culture  is built on players that are more than just players.  He’s a building block of this teams culture 

Spot on.

He's also the quarterback of the defense. He's McDermott and Frazier's mouthpiece and essentially a coach on the field.

Aside from his play on the field, the intangibles he brings to the tables can't be overstated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.