Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's done as a Bill. Sad news. He was already a guy that may have been on the cap casualty list for this offseason. No way are they keeping him now. Safeties are like RBs. They are a dime a dozen and only a few teams are overpaying for them - Steelers and Seahawks. Bills got there two starting safeties on the cheap in the past and they will do the same thing this off season. Very sad way to end his Bills career but my guess is he played his last game in Bills uniform this past Monday. 

You don’t know that. Probably a good chance of it, but who really knows?

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's done as a Bill. Sad news. He was already a guy that may have been on the cap casualty list for this offseason. No way are they keeping him now. Safeties are like RBs. They are a dime a dozen and only a few teams are overpaying for them - Steelers and Seahawks. Bills got there two starting safeties on the cheap in the past and they will do the same thing this off season. Very sad way to end his Bills career but my guess is he played his last game in Bills uniform this past Monday. 

I really don’t want to agree, but I might agree.  

Paying great Safeties is a luxury, and one we may not be able to afford any longer.  

With how well this staff does at coaching up and scheming the secondary, it seems like an obvious place to cost cut.  

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sadly, I agree that Hyde played his last game as a Bill. It was a helleva ride. 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Safety is probably their deepest position.  They’ve drafted replacements already unlike elsewhere.  An underrated impact of this will be on STs though, because the backup safeties play important roles there.

It is a really good point, but Jaquan is their personnel protector on punt team. Not like he is having to sprint down the field and then immediately come out to play safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

All signs point to this being the end of Hyde in Buffalo. He’ll likely have a cervical fusion with removal of the offending disk. This is a very common surgery with great results in the right hands, and I have no doubt he’ll have the best spine surgeon working on him. Could he play again? Probaby. But, he may not want to. He’s 32, his risk of serious injury goes up after neck surgery. It will be an interesting conversation with him and Beane if he does decide he wants to play again.

This is the evolution of a football team. We all knew Hyde and Poyer were short timers. It absolutely sucks it happened this year, but if it had to happen at least it’s in the beginning of the season.

I think Johnson is ready. He was ready last year. Now he’s got the perfect opportunity to lock up a long term safety spot on our team after being the in the system for 4 years. We will know real quick whether he has it or not. If he does have it, Poyer or Hyde are gone next year. I’d love to get one of them back for one more year while we make another succession plan.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need to add a safety but don’t need to make a trade imo. They don’t have a safety on the PS. In fact it was the only position they did not add at all in the off-season. That said I think Benford could add depth at safety when Tre returns 

Agree.  They need to bring in for tryouts all the guys they can and sign the best.  Hopefully one that has a lot of FS experience.

Depending on who it is, sign him to the main roster or PS.  Tanner Gentry is the 3rd WR on PS and can be let go again.

In the meantime, next man up.  Also, from what little I read about him, Ja'Marcus Ingram has some S experience so he may take over the

open roster space.

25 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

This obviously sucks, but the silver lining is that he's expected to make a full recovery by next season.   Neck injuries are no joke.

Yeah and he will be a 32 year old safety coming off a neck injury. Early to say but he may have played his last down as a bill. Sucks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.