Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Crap. So weird that the Dane Jackson injury seemed like the bad one. Get well soon Micah. Next man up…

Yes, but this has been recurring for Hyde. Now’s the time to fix it before it becomes career threatening, or even life threatening.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

6 of 11? Tre comes back in 2 or so weeks, so he was never one of the 11. Oliver and Phillips being out isn't ideal, but Settle will be back, and The DL can still make plays with Jones, Basham, Shaq as well. As long as Groot and Von stay healthy, I like the Bills chances. At least they have some cap space if they need to bring anyone in.

Tre likely won’t be back until after the bye against Green Bay. Oliver provides the pressure in the middle. Not having him is a huge deal unless Settle is fully healthy and steps up

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bummer news. Get well soon Micah!

Early hot take.. with both Benford and Elam getting so much playing time early in the season and looking pretty good and with Tre coming back from injury in a few weeks any chance any of them can make the conversion from corner to Free Safety? I believe it is not unheard of for corners to convert to safeties later in their careers. As good as Tre is I'm not sure he has the build for a safety. I'm also mostly intrigued because I hate to have one of Benford or Elam on the bench when Tre comes back when they are playing so well.

But first lets see how Jaquan Johnson plays. His time to step up. And he will have a great supporting cast around him.

Like others have accurately said, this will be an audition for Juquan.  If he compliments Jordan over the next few weeks he'll be locked in. But if not we might have to make a move?

16 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Safety is one of the positions we could afford to have this happen. Johnson is no slouch and McDermott is a DB whisperer.

I think safety was our safety blanket for managing significant time with a rookie statue CB. Losing Hyde hurts that and creates a little more urgency around Tre coming back IMO. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

What's his injury though? I don't think there's a neck injury that would keep someone out for a season but be ok the next season all by itself. If he has a spinal issue it's either surgery or never play again. Sitting out a year won't help that

pinched nerve in his neck

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I think Poyer just got much more important this season…

Agreed.  He may have moved into the Top 5 now.  

The reason I wouldn’t include Hyde (or Poyer) is because our next Safety is Jaquan Johnson.. a guy everyone raves about as just needing a chance.   Now that the next guy is Hamlin… it’s a bit less ideal.  

He's done as a Bill. Sad news. He was already a guy that may have been on the cap casualty list for this offseason. No way are they keeping him now. Safeties are like RBs. They are a dime a dozen and only a few teams are overpaying for them - Steelers and Seahawks. Bills got there two starting safeties on the cheap in the past and they will do the same thing this off season. Very sad way to end his Bills career but my guess is he played his last game in Bills uniform this past Monday. 

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

Before the Von signing I’ve been vocal that I think Poyer is the most important piece to the defense. He’s been lights out in the pass game and doesn’t get some of the national accolades because he covers up some of Edmunds early deficiencies in play recognition. 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree—— as long as the injuries don’t continue to mount. 

Poyer & Hyde are one of the best safety combos in league history and play an important part of keeping opposing offenses from going over the top.  They compliment each other so well.  Hopefully Johnson’s experience in the scheme will lead to similar results.

you’re right, this years team is all about the DL-  as long as they can stay healthy (for the playoffs) I like our chances.  We have an all time type team here, losing one of our leaders hurts, but it’s not the end. 

No more season ending injuries.  Please god.

Huge blow to the Bills. He is one of the staples to the secondary. Injuries already starting to mount up and its only week 3. I feel injuries are probably the main culprit to not making that super Bowl appearance.  Hyde's play and leadership will be difficult to replace. The Bills just got weaker on the defensive side of the ball. Injuries are part of the game but this sucks. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree—— as long as the injuries don’t continue to mount. 

Poyer & Hyde are one of the best safety combos in league history and play an important part of keeping opposing offenses from going over the top.  They compliment each other so well.  Hopefully Johnson’s experience in the scheme will lead to similar results.

you’re right, this years team is all about the DL-  as long as they can stay healthy (for the playoffs) I like our chances.  We have an all time type team here, losing one of our leaders hurts, but it’s not the end. 

No more season ending injuries.  Please god.

They are the best safety duo in the NFL and have been. Ultimately that didn’t stop a top tier QB in Mahomes finding holes in the short and intermediate field which turned into big gains. If we can consistently get pressure with four rushers the rest will take care of itself. Our secondary helped mask a mediocre pass rush early on, but now we have the pieces up front, and we can trust the coaching staff to get the depth pieces ready to play as has been the case over the years. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.