Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Well, 3 of those guys play offense.

Id probably have to say the Top 5 important guys on Defense are:

Von

Rousseau

Jones

Edmunds

White

Some of it is positional… we’re seeing what a dominant DL does.  Pass Rushers >>> Safety and I think Daquan Jones is sneaky important.  He is a monster at commanding double teams and stuffing the run game.  

The way Edmunds is playing, he’s an elite LB who’s making splash plays.   That’s equally as valuable to a top tier Safety, but Jaquan Johnson is a much higher level replacement player than Dodson or Bernard. 

Tre White, top tier CB when he comes back >>> Safety. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

you and me both dude. 

Big blow but the front 7 is stout, the line is deep and at the offense can’t be stopped. No time to fret. This is still our year.

I agree—— as long as the injuries don’t continue to mount. 

Poyer & Hyde are one of the best safety combos in league history and play an important part of keeping opposing offenses from going over the top.  They compliment each other so well.  Hopefully Johnson’s experience in the scheme will lead to similar results.

you’re right, this years team is all about the DL-  as long as they can stay healthy (for the playoffs) I like our chances.  We have an all time type team here, losing one of our leaders hurts, but it’s not the end. 

No more season ending injuries.  Please god.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Id probably have to say the Top 5 important guys on Defense are:

Von

Rousseau

Jones

Edmunds

White

Some of it is positional… we’re seeing what a dominant DL does.  Pass Rushers >>> Safety and I think Daquan Jones is sneaky important.  He is a monster at commanding double teams and stuffing the run game.  

The way Edmunds is playing, he’s an elite LB who’s making splash plays.   That’s more valuable than a Safety as well.  

Tre White, top tier CB when he comes back >>> Safety. 

In most cases I agree.  I disagree in this scheme with this team. 

Our safety tandem was the reason our defense was ranked #1 in the league last season.  

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How can you say that at this point? I would think there's a high chance he could end up retiring from this. He'll be 32 in a couple months and this is not a minor injury.

Exactly...it wasn't for Aaron William either until he tried to come back and play

I think this almost forces Beane's hand to resign Poyer.

Just now, NewEra said:

Our safety tandem was the reason our defense was ranked #1 in the league last season.  

Agreed on last season, but I don’t care about having a #1 ranked statistical defense that can’t stop power run teams or sack elite QB’s. 

Very different defense this year.  Hyde & Poyer on the back end was an embarrassment of riches once Tre comes back.  I don’t think they are the heart of “this” defense though.   This defense runs through the DL. 

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

While unfortunate, Jaquan Johnson has been here for 4 years. If we think he is an eventual replacement for either Poyer or Hyde now I’d his time to show it. 

He’s also a FA so he has a lot to gain now with the Bills or someone else

His time to shine baby, next man up. He’s got some years under his belt, let’s see what he can do

19 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

6 out of 11 starters out on Sunday is 1 player? Ok then. Who knows when those guys come back? 

6 of 11? Tre comes back in 2 or so weeks, so he was never one of the 11. Oliver and Phillips being out isn't ideal, but Settle will be back, and The DL can still make plays with Jones, Basham, Shaq as well. As long as Groot and Von stay healthy, I like the Bills chances. At least they have some cap space if they need to bring anyone in.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I would feel ok losing one or the other. Hyde himself said the defense doesn’t miss a beat when Jaquan is in there. Losing both is tough to replace for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.