Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Figured something like this would happen the second I saw the post reveling in our ability to stay healthy.  The inevitable 

you and me both dude. 

Big blow but the front 7 is stout, the line is deep and at the offense can’t be stopped. No time to fret. This is still our year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That said I think Benford could add depth at safety when Tre returns 

I was thinking this too but his athletic profile to me seems more like a Poyer replacement than a Hyde replacement. Either way we have the best secondary coaching in the league. They'll figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The only way we weren’t walking our way to the Super Bowl was injuries. 

As I said in the offseason, the full import of “13 Seconds” would only be realized if we don’t get that close again.  The Bills had a red carpet laid out for them last season and the coaches screwed it up. Losing Hyde is manageable but they can’t afford too many more.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 3

Bummer news. Get well soon Micah!

Early hot take.. with both Benford and Elam getting so much playing time early in the season and looking pretty good and with Tre coming back from injury in a few weeks any chance any of them can make the conversion from corner to Free Safety? I believe it is not unheard of for corners to convert to safeties later in their careers. As good as Tre is I'm not sure he has the build for a safety. I'm also mostly intrigued because I hate to have one of Benford or Elam on the bench when Tre comes back when they are playing so well.

But first lets see how Jaquan Johnson plays. His time to step up. And he will have a great supporting cast around him.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

How can you say that at this point? I would think there's a high chance he could end up retiring from this. He'll be 32 in a couple months and this is not a minor injury.

I agree. Given age and where the injury is, regardless of severity, we may have seen the last of Micah on the field for the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.