Iran Is On Fire

Tiberius

No idea where this is leading but hopefully the people of Iran can overthrow that monstrous regime and install another democracy in this world. 

image.png.c39368bab14847258b15b8d3ffc410bd.png

The US says it will ease internet curbs on Iran to counter Tehran's clampdown on protests which were sparked by a woman's death in police custody.

"We are going to help make sure the Iranian people are not kept isolated and in the dark," said US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken.

The relaxation of software controls will allow American tech firms to expand their business in Iran.

The US treasury said the move would help counter the Iranian government's attempt to "surveil and censor" its people.

But it is unlikely to have an immediate impact as it "does not remove every tool of communications repression".

Billionaire Elon Musk said on Twitter that he would activate his satellite internet firm, Starlink, to provide internet services to Iran in response to Mr Blinken's announcement.

Starlink provides internet services via a huge network of satellites and is aimed at people who live in remote areas who cannot get high-speed internet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63013359

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Really? Where is democracy is the bible? 

Don't be stupid, Tibs.  He was speaking about the core values of Judeo/Christianity upon which our country was founded, and about that he's correct.  But I agree with you as well that I don't want to live in a theocracy either, the concept of praying to another's god is not something I want to be involved in. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The old men that run the Iranian regime. Thread 

I'm going to take a page out of Tibs book in this reply & only focus on one sentence rather than the entire paragraph .

The one sentence that stands out to me is "with the images of the countries ruling elite, virtually all deeply traditional, geriatric" seems to be a lot like the US ruling politicians at the moment .

See Tibs i am becoming more like you ...

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s there more than you know. And for the millionth time…the United States was specifically constructed to NOT BE a democracy. 

And it says a Republic is a good thing in the bible? 

Slave holders loved the bible as it sanctioned their rape, murder and general sadistic behviour, so I'll pass on that as a guiding set of principles 

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Don't be stupid, Tibs.  He was speaking about the core values of Judeo/Christianity upon which our country was founded, and about that he's correct.  But I agree with you as well that I don't want to live in a theocracy either, the concept of praying to another's god is not something I want to be involved in. 

Democracy is a core value of our society. We the People. Not we will blindly follow something in the clouds that is suppose to really exist

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Slave holders loved the bible as it sanctioned their rape, murder and general sadistic behviour, so I'll pass on that as a guiding set of principles 

Democracy is a core value of our society. We the People. Not we will blindly follow something in the clouds that is suppose to really exist

Moses was a slave holder?

Jesus was a slave holder? 😂😂😂

Which version of the Bible do you read?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Just shows how precious and important our first amendment is. The wall separating church and state is the best wall of all 

serious question does it also show how precious the second is or you believe a unarmed uprising from authoritarian gov can be successful. iran has had numerous unsuccessful ones that usually end in protestors being shot down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are you trying to be coy or ignorant here?  "We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states; .. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor."

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Are you trying to be coy or ignorant here?  "We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states; .. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor."

You are being silly on purpose, right? 

That's simply a statement that carried absolutely no power of law. Might as well of said, "I hope we have good luck" 

This is the other hand does, our first amendment: The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise.

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

serious question does it also show how precious the second is or you believe a unarmed uprising from authoritarian gov can be successful. iran has had numerous unsuccessful ones that usually end in protestors being shot down.

There would be no need to revolt if they had a separation of church and state and a right to vote, 

The first amendment is far, far more important that second amendment 

The 14th is also 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Moses was a slave holder?

Jesus was a slave holder? 😂😂😂

Which version of the Bible do you read?

don't ask me, read some American History. 

So let me get this straight, we are a Christian nation but not a democracy? Are you a Christian Nationalist?