Hurricane Season 2022 - Florida Now in the Bullseye

T&C

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

My buddy is setting up to make almost 500k off this storm.

An FB friend posted about their son being on one of the power crews sent down to help repair.  He’ll make about $20K for two weeks worth of work, doing 16 hours days every day.  

I have never lived in FL or been in a hurricane. The storm surge numbers combined with the amount of just rain the land has had means floods to me. It brought back memories from hurricane katrina in new Orleans. I don't know if damage estimates will be similar for this storm or worse. That is a scary thought.

And just like Louisiana you can be sure a LOT of floridians will be forced to relocate out of state you would think right?

what a mess.

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I have never lived in FL or been in a hurricane. The storm surge numbers combined with the amount of just rain the land has had means floods to me. It brought back memories from hurricane katrina in new Orleans. I don't know if damage estimates will be similar for this storm or worse. That is a scary thought.

And just like Louisiana you can be sure a LOT of floridians will be forced to relocate out of state you would think right?

what a mess.

There will be plenty of flood damage to be sure, but we won't see anything like Katrina in New Orleans...the extenuating situation there is that much of the city sits below sea level.  With that storm surge the city never had a chance.

I was able to get in touch with my friends who are in Central Florida and were originally right in Ian's path...all good thankfully.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Who says stuff like this?

Usually, it's self-important tools who think they're so much better than everybody else that they don't have to waste time with simple respect or common decency.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

201HurricaneIan29%20NEW%20PPP

A picture really CAN be worth 1,000 words. 

When Hugo devastated Charleston it looked a bit like that. My boss at the time was there, so I got there often. After some time had passed we resumed regular meetings. I did not expect to have to dodge yachts on the streets downtown. THAT made a huge impression upon me. All people could talk about was generator repairs, where a barber shop had reopened, etc. It takes a long time to get back to anything resembling “normal”.  

On 9/28/2022 at 12:29 AM, Special K said:

I'm expecting my power and internet to go out sometime tomorrow, plus dealing with 15+ inches of rain in my area, so I doubt you will be hearing from me or many of our Bills fan brothers and sisters in the Florida area for at least a week. Wish all your Florida Bills fans luck as we ride out the storm.

Go Bills!!

Somehow, I am one of the few people in my county(about 25%) who didn’t lose power.....came close to going out about ten times, but it held on.

Now the bad news: the lake I live nearby overtopped it’s banks after about 18 inches of rain....the water is halfway down my street, but hasn’t entered any homes, unlike the thousands of other houses in the county.

I’ve lived here my whole life, and I have NEVER seen anything like what has happened. It just would not stop raining!! 

I considered moving out out of Florida after hurricane Irma five years ago, now I really, really have to consider getting out of here before this happens again.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 9/28/2022 at 12:29 AM, Special K said:

I'm expecting my power and internet to go out sometime tomorrow, plus dealing with 15+ inches of rain in my area, so I doubt you will be hearing from me or many of our Bills fan brothers and sisters in the Florida area for at least a week. Wish all your Florida Bills fans luck as we ride out the storm.

Go Bills!!

Don’t know if you will see this but I am hoping things turned out ok.  Not sure where you are. I am in Jacksonville beach , and been here since 85.   This is the worst storm in my all most 40 years here in Florida.  Had bad winds , rain etc for past 36 hours and at Augustine that is 1/2 hour south is completely flooded.  I was ordered to evacuate but stayed as I have never ( knock on wood ) experienced flooding here.   

I can’t imagine being on the west coast of Florida , ft Myer s , Engle wood  area etc.  It is completely destroyed.  I am praying you are safe and didn’t lose everything.   Hope people , Bills fans rally behind the people or bills fans in Florida as they are in dire need now.  Also the state is in an insurance crisis. Companies are leaving. I paid my full premium , went up from 3 k a year to 6 k this year. A month after paying I was informed the insurance company was leaving Florida !  They sent part of my premium back!  I was shopping for insurance when this hit.  Have flood insurance only right at the moment. It’s scary as now I am sure it will be even harder to get coverage. But my main thoughts are with those injured , worse., or who lost their homes and workplaces.   Part of Florida is devastated and changed for years. Please stay safe and strong and know people have you in Their prayers. 😌

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

I can't believe that North and South Carolina are going to get the same flooding rains from this stupid hurricane that we got here in Florida!!

Ian is a storm to remember for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck NC and SC.

Glad you are ok ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Don’t know if you will see this but I am hoping things turned out ok.  Not sure where you are. I am in Jacksonville beach , and been here since 85.   This is the worst storm in my all most 40 years here in Florida.  Had bad winds , rain etc for past 36 hours and at Augustine that is 1/2 hour south is completely flooded.  I was ordered to evacuate but stayed as I have never ( knock on wood ) experienced flooding here.   

I can’t imagine being on the west coast of Florida , ft Myer s , Engle wood  area etc.  It is completely destroyed.  I am praying you are safe and didn’t lose everything.   Hope people , Bills fans rally behind the people or bills fans in Florida as they are in dire need now.  Also the state is in an insurance crisis. Companies are leaving. I paid my full premium , went up from 3 k a year to 6 k this year. A month after paying I was informed the insurance company was leaving Florida !  They sent part of my premium back!  I was shopping for insurance when this hit.  Have flood insurance only right at the moment. It’s scary as now I am sure it will be even harder to get coverage. But my main thoughts are with those injured , worse., or who lost their homes and workplaces.   Part of Florida is devastated and changed for years. Please stay safe and strong and know people have you in Their prayers. 😌

I live one county north of Orlando.....I thought Irma 5 years ago was the worst thing I've ever gone through......until now!

Irma took twelve hours to pass me, and I got about 10 inches of rain with no power for 5 days.

This storm took nearly 36 hours from start to finish with 18-20 inches of rain....so many roads and neighborhoods flooded out...I hope I never go through anything like it again in my life, but I think if I choose to stay in the state storms like this will become commonplace in the future😢

1 minute ago, Special K said:

I live one county north of Orlando.....I thought Irma 5 years ago was the worst thing I've ever gone through......until now!

Irma took twelve hours to pass me, and I got about 10 inches of rain with no power for 5 days.

This storm took nearly 36 hours from start to finish with 18-20 inches of rain....so many roads and neighborhoods flooded out...I hope I never go through anything like it again in my life, but I think if I choose to stay in the state storms like this will become commonplace in the future😢

Wow I feel for you. We are only a few hours apart.  The winds and rain finally ended tonight.  I was shocked we didn’t lose power. I agree ,, it seemed like it was never stopping , have not experienced anything this prolonged.  It’s rough in Florida without power.  I was surprised how chilly the air became tho. I agree , and hope we never see this again.  Scary thought that hurricane season is until mid November. Stay safe.  Hopefully you stay in Florida.  Great state , no taxes, been pretty good under this governor.  This was a freak storm. 4 th worst in Florida and United States history. No real evidence to expect more like this, as odds are in our favor. Stay safe and wishing you the best , always great to know another Bills fan ! 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.