Hurricane Season 2022 - Florida Now in the Bullseye

T&C

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

Craziest part of this is people are complaining about having to evacuate...

Almost want to let those people stay just to clear out room for more intelligent humans.

You are just oozing with empathy, aren't you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bandito said:

What kind of comment is this? Ever heard of Karma? It might get you this time

I wouldn't stay I would evacuate.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You are just oozing with empathy, aren't you?

Empathy for people who refuse to evacuate or complain about it? No of course not.

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I wouldn't stay I would evacuate.

Empathy for people who refuse to evacuate or complain about it? No of course not.

Yes, I'm sure the decision to pack up and leave everything behind that you've ever worked for is an easy one for everybody.  And I'm also sure that everybody has somewhere to go and can easily afford to get there.  I can see why you're not wasting your time feeling for these people.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yes, I'm sure the decision to pack up and leave everything behind that you've ever worked for is an easy one for everybody.  And I'm also sure that everybody has somewhere to go and can easily afford to get there.  I can see why you're not wasting your time feeling for these people.

Don't waste your breath (metaphorically speaking) with these discussions.  There are so many ________s at this forum.

You can fill in the blank with the noun of your choice.

I'm thinking of a whole bunch of them right now.

By the way, I live in the northern West Palm area.  It's gray, a bit drizzly....we'll have a nasty grey day for the second day in a row, but that's about it.  I'm going to try to get in my beach walk today if I can.

The folks on the west coast and like in the Sarasota area seem to have gotten the worst of it, but I haven't really looked into it since I got up today.

• Eyeroll 1

SMH I feel physically ill after reading the storm surge water above ground predictions. Tampa 4-6" and worse further south. I told hubby DANG 4-6 feet above ground? That place is fixing to become a swamp UGHH. Just think about that alone. Take 4-6" and measure that and then think of it coming right for your house or business. He said newscasters are saying this is the worst storm to ever hit Florida. And they have had some doozies in the past

Blech.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

SMH I feel physically ill after reading the storm surge water above ground predictions. Tampa 4-6" and worse further south. I told hubby DANG 4-6 feet above ground? That place is fixing to become a swamp UGHH. Just think about that alone. Take 4-6" and measure that and then think of it coming right for your house or business. He said newscasters are saying this is the worst storm to ever hit Florida. And they have had some doozies in the past

Blech.

The surge near Cape Coral, Sanibel Island and towns south of Sarasota are expecting 12'+ storm surge. Unreal. My inlaws have family in those towns and did not evacuate because the estimate was much lower. Prayers to all in the path.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

The surge near Cape Coral, Sanibel Island and towns south of Sarasota are expecting 12'+ storm surge. Unreal. My inlaws have family in those towns and did not evacuate because the estimate was much lower. Prayers to all in the path.

devastating. I cant even imagine.  I have relatives in orlando I need to check for that area.  I know a couple who had planned to hunker down in tampa and Now Im worried about them too 😞 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

I live in Port Charlotte and it is pure Hell right now, the eye is almost over us now.

Be safe! We just got a text video from a friend in Naples showing just the roof tops of cars currently under the storm surge. We lived with this stuff for about 30 years, but THAT got my attention! 

Edited by Augie
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.