Hurricane Season 2022 - Florida Now in the Bullseye

T&C

Latest update doesn't look very good, especially for west central Florida. I know some of you also live in this area so just a heads up. This week/weeks don't look fun at all with the power outages especially. Big oaks around my house so I'm mentally preparing for the worst. Next 2 days is consolidating everything important and expensive and preserving it as best as possible. Best of luck to all.

Had flight from FLL to MDW last night... Got off late, plane diverted to RSW (Fort Myers) first... Then to us in Fort Lauderdale... Was sweating it wasn't gonna make it out. Got in to Midway @ 11pm.

Good luck Florida.  Glad I am out.  Niece in Tampa lives on water,  they pulled the boat and bagged, boarded up... They had to evacuate.  Took the boat across to New Smyrna where her inlaws live... Not sure if the Atlantic side will fair too well either the way the storm is predicting to go. They have TS WATCHES out for Georgia and parts of the Carolinas  now.

Praying for all potential victims of this hurricane. I pray it weakens and causes the least amount of damage and destruction. Prayers for safety and protection over people and animals

all contingencies Lord have mercy. In Jesus name Amen

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Praying for all potential victims of this hurricane. I pray it weakens and causes the least amount of damage and destruction. Prayers for safety and protection over people and animals

I am praying too... That the rest of the nation's tax dollars don't get diverted to areas that are known danger zones.  There are other places that are crumbling and need new infrastructure.

I don't want that to sound selfish... But this is happening too much. We keep on creating incentives... Repeating mistakes in the face of climate change.  We have to start charging a premium for living in these places,  not a discount. 

I hope everyone stays safe and this thing won't make a huge mess. We can't afford it with risk of lives and to a lesser extent property. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

Except Tom Brady, right?  May his house be flooded or swept out to sea. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm expecting my power and internet to go out sometime tomorrow, plus dealing with 15+ inches of rain in my area, so I doubt you will be hearing from me or many of our Bills fan brothers and sisters in the Florida area for at least a week. Wish all your Florida Bills fans luck as we ride out the storm.

Go Bills!!

• Thank you (+1) 2

Be safe.  Ain't looking pretty.  I just wish the Bills could have softened the beaches a little better at first.

The Dolfelons had to make it out for their game on Thursday with the Bungles in Cincy? I don't think they fly over these things?

Ian_09272022.thumb.jpg.48d9df3f36d59eaadddfc677c312d906.jpg

My sister made it to New Smyrna Beach from Tampa to stay with my niece's inlaws. That looks like it will be right in the track on the other side! I guess they are hunkering there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.