Greg Rousseau Terrorized The Titans and he is just getting started(article with video clips)

Big Turk

Von Miller said in his press conference that within a year or two Greg Rousseau is going to be the best pass rusher in the NFL and then broke down all the reasons why.  Well, we got a look at some of them on Monday night against the Titans although they weren't always readily seen during the game.

He is beating people with speed, he is bull rushing and beating people with power, he is becoming a beast on the D-Line, especially when he kicks inside on 3rd down.

Great article with video clips showing Rousseau making Tennessee pas blockers look bad.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/9/23/23367098/bills-vs-titans-de-greg-rousseau-was-a-terror

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 11

I love this!   I think it’s fair to say that our success in recent drafts is boosted by our coaching staff’s ability to develop talent in a culture of “get better every day.”  

I’m not trying to minimize what Beane has done - his team digs into the character of people to find football players who will thrive here. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's been so good the first couple weeks that it's like the Bills have signed another new FA in addition to Von Miller.

Did I misread the graph or did someone post a graphic here that shows Rousseau is actually being double teamed more than Von?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Did I misread the graph or did someone post a graphic here that shows Rousseau is actually being double teamed more than Von?

I haven't seen it but I wouldn't be surprised, simply by virtue of him likely getting a lot more snaps.

That D-line is going to be the difference maker this week.  If the D-line can get quick pressure on Tua he won't be able to hold the ball to let Hill and Waddle get down field to exploit our banged up secondary.  It's going to have to be quick short passes that Milano, Johnson, and Edmunds can clean up underneath.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It is exciting to think about this d-line and how good they might be if they can all remain healthy.

Maybe the staff is looking ahead to Balt. with keeping a couple of these guys out. Hopefully Phillips makes it back soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

The Frenchman is progressing nicely, as is the whole D-line, gotta love it,

Go  Bills!!!

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The Frenchman is progressing nicely, as is the whole D-line, gotta love it,

Go  Bills!!!

I know we have Lafayette High School and Avenue but I think Rousseau has become Buffalo's Favorite Fighting Frenchman! 😶

• Agree 1

Groot kinda reminds me of Josh a little bit in that he was this huge athletic freak of a dude who had the skills, just needed them to be refined. To have someone like Von Miller right there alongside you has to be awesome as a young player. Dude has to be learning so much and it seems like he's applying everything the right way because the results are becoming evident. 

3 hours ago, nosejob said:

Maybe the staff is looking ahead to Balt. with keeping a couple of these guys out. Hopefully Phillips makes it back soon.

There’s no looking ahead with this staff. None at all. 

3 hours ago, Success said:

I'm bullish on Groot. I agree w/ Von - I see Groot as this team's Bruce Smith in the long run.

Fight me.

If Groot can dedicate himself to the game like Bruce did, there’s no reason he can’t get there. But that’s saying a lot. Bruce could break down opposing players better than anyone I’ve ever seen. From how much pressure an O lineman was putting on his hand in his stance, to how much weight he was putting on his heels as opposed to his toes, to detecting the slightest differences in how opponents lined up to run or pass block, Bruce was a film savant. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.