Oliver, Philips, Hyde all out against the Dolphins.

Spiderweb

6 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Next man up. McBean seemed satisfied with the CB situation when they didn't sign Poyer long term. I remember the Bucs, Chiefs, Eagles winning recent SB's with critical injuries to key players. If the Bills are good, then their secondary players need to be good as well. Bills should win. If they don't, they'll be chasing Miami the next few months. Not a good look for a consensus SB favorite. Bills must win to maintain credibility. I believe they will. If not, the Dolphins are better at this juncture... Period.       

When you have such important players on the sidelined with the talent of Gabe, Oliver, Micah, Phillips, & Jackson,   that is a real tough obstacle to overcome.   No matter who you play.  I just hope that the our rookie CB's truly play out of their minds this weekend with some attitude, play smart and don't take any crap from Hill and Waddle.  If our D plays like they did in the first two games,  then Josh and the O will put this game away for us.  The D front line has to swab the deck with TUA in this game.  I want see Tua and his sorry ass running for his life in this game,  and hope Von goes wild this sunday.

Edited by Toyo321

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

If even one of those guys are out we win 100% despite our injuries lol 

I think we may be giving the dolphins to much respect. For the first one and three quarters they played so far they look like crap. If it wasn’t for a total meltdown by the Ravens they would have lost. I’m still picking them to win by at least two touchdowns by the end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Should point out that the fish probably have a better defense at this time though I don’t think it is going to matter….

As far as our defense goes Brandon Bryant and CJ Brewer are pretty good and hopefully that’s the last injury to the secondary for now….

Miami has the 25th ranked pass defense after playing the Patriots and Ravens

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

So instead of winning 41-17, it will be 41-27.  No big deal.  Vegas line moved from -5.5 to -5.  If Vegas isn’t worried, neither should you

I wonder what odds were for Minnesota Vikings defeat by Josh Allen on his first away game start.

Sometimes odds makers are as prophetic as PFF.

BILL-THE-CAT.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Soooo with both Oliver and Phillips out who is going to play the 3-technique? 

Hopefully a timeshare of Settle, Rousseau, and Basham?

More likely is Jones, Bryant, and/or Brewer rotating through that alignment. Admittedly, I don't know squat about where Bryant and Brewer fit best. Settle seems like a guy who can play the 3-tech when he's healthy. Jones seems like a guy who can play anywhere on the line, given his early impact this season. I remember Bryant flashing in preseason. He played a TON. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I wonder what odds were for Minnesota Vikings defeat by Josh Allen on his first away game start.

Sometimes odds makers are as prophetic as PFF.

BILL-THE-CAT.jpg

So you’re hanging on that one time Vegas got it wrong, out of the 99.9% they get it right?  There is a reason why Vegas is rich and we aren’t.  Beyond what that dude said earlier, they 100% use advanced math and scientific algorithms to get the lines and O/U’s

15 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Next man up. McBean seemed satisfied with the CB situation when they didn't sign Poyer long term. I remember the Bucs, Chiefs, Eagles winning recent SB's with critical injuries to key players. If the Bills are good, then their secondary players need to be good as well. Bills should win. If they don't, they'll be chasing Miami the next few months. Not a good look for a consensus SB favorite. Bills must win to maintain credibility. I believe they will. If not, the Dolphins are better at this juncture... Period.       

Nah.

Winning doesn't necessarily mean you're a better team. It just doesn't.

Were the Bills worse than the Jags last year? No. Were they worse on the day? Yup, there's no arguing that, but they were a much much better team. The Fins will have to show much more over time to be considered a better team, even if they win.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

So you’re hanging on that one time Vegas got it wrong, out of the 99.9% they get it right?  There is a reason why Vegas is rich and we aren’t.  Beyond what that dude said earlier, they 100% use advanced math and scientific algorithms to get the lines and O/U’s

Yes, they're very smart.

No, they don't give a crap about who wins or loses and are not especially good at picking that. What they're really good at picking and predicting is how their bettors will bet.

They don't get anywhere near 99.9% right on who will win.

27 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes, they're very smart.

No, they don't give a crap about who wins or loses and are not especially good at picking that. What they're really good at picking and predicting is how their bettors will bet.

They don't get anywhere near 99.9% right on who will win.

Historically favorites in the NFL win outright approx 67% of the time and teams with +5 or more around 75% of the time. Take it for what it’s worth.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:53 PM, Spiderweb said:

Just heard... Dang.....

Out

S Micah Hyde (neck)

CB Dane Jackson (neck)

DT Ed Oliver (ankle)

DT Jordan Phillips (hamstring)

Questionable

WR Gabe Davis (ankle)

TE Dawson Knox (foot)

DT Tim Settle (calf)

OL Mitch Morse (elbow)

S Jordan Poyer (foot)

Poyer 

Phillips

Hyde

Oliver 

are all out which will give the Fins a better chance but i think our offense will still dominate but the rookies & the back ups need to man up it should be a good game  .

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.