Oliver, Philips, Hyde all out against the Dolphins.

Spiderweb

We're the best team in the league. Miami is where we were at about 3 years ago, with a QB whose ceiling is a lot lower than Allen's.

On the road, sure they can win.  But I think this year's Bills team is a very different animal. I think they're going to embrace the challenge of having half the D out, and the backups will play at a very high level.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, he’s been amazing- I just left him off because he will likely be playing the 1T- if I’m the fins, I’d be doubling him over everyone else inside. 

It's looked to me like he'd actually been drawing quite a few doubles already in the first couple games so things might not change much for him.

I wonder if opposing coaches who are actually watching film are seeing him playing even better than we've been.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

A 285 pound man on a injured ankle, that’s what in the world…,  who by the way would be expected to push around one or two other 300 pound men for an hour, it’s not that complicated, they want him to be 100 percent before he sees the field again, it’s SOP for this coaching staff. 

These weren't the facts when they made him probable to return?

Just now, Einstein said:

These weren't the facts when they made him probable to return?

They had no facts at that point, hence only probable to return, in which he did not return…, one would surmise that he had larger issues, not so complicated.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

They had no facts at that point, hence only probable to return, in which he did not return…, one would surmise that he had larger issues, not so complicated.

They didn't examine him and determine the facts before giving him a designation? Wouldnt that be against NFL rules? 

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They didn't examine him and determine the facts before giving him a designation? Wouldnt that be against NFL rules? 

Really? Reach a little, see the bigger picture, at best the make a preliminary medical survey, hold him out for a series or two to further asses the players ability to re-enter the game, again they had no actual facts at that time, its not so complicated, come on Einstein…, 

Go  Bills!!!

53 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

This is complete crap from a Dolphins fan.  What a stupid post. 

Bills fan since birth. Attended games with my dad at the Rockpile. Been to 200+ Bills games, including 3 SB games. Plus both Pats games, in crap weather last year. .You offer nothing but childish cheap shots. My point of if the Bills are true SB contenders, their backups need to step at times like these, or their not going to make it to the big game. Just a fact. Plus if Miami wins, with their much easier schedule, the Bills might be chasing them until they play again. Another realistic comment  ... My advice....  Grow up.     

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Ed Oliver went from "Probable to return" in game 1, to out in Game's 2 and 3.

What in the world!?

He did return in week 1. Played 2 snaps early 2nd half, could not push off the ankle at all and went out again. At the point he was downgraded to out. Ankle injuries for guys who need an explosive get off are no joke.

Personally I'd still be surprised if Gabe played for the same reason. If he does he will be on a limited pitch count.

We have had good injury fortune the past couple of years, the start of this year has been rough. From the setback with Tre onward. We could end up down 7 major contributors on defense for Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills fan since birth. Attended games with my dad at the Rockpile. Been to 200+ Bills games, including 3 SB games. Plus both Pats games, in crap weather last year. .You offer nothing but childish cheap shots. My point of if the Bills are true SB contenders, their backups need to step at times like these, or their not going to make it to the big game. Just a fact. Plus if Miami wins, with their much easier schedule, the Bills might be chasing them until they play again. Another realistic comment  ... My advice....  Grow up.     

The Dolpins schedule is exactly the same as the Bills schedule save for 3 position dictated opponents from the AFC West, AFC South and NFC West. 

The Bills have already played two of their differential games and are 2-0. The remaining difference is Bills @ KC and Dolphins @ Chargers. I'd suggest similar degrees of difficulty.

So no, that isn't "another realistic comment" it is nonsense. 

The Dolphins are a good team. They will be a challenge for the Bills with our injuries. But they do not have a schedule advantage and they are 1-7 in their last 8 meetings with Buffalo. Even a split this year still gives them ground to make up.

24 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Then please accept my most sincere apologies. There seem to be a few people lately that are Phins fans posing as Bills fans.  Maybe I saw a few posts of yours that I perceived as questionable and lumped you in that category. Again, my apologies for taking the low road. 

I understand your point that backups need to step up… but this really is a lot of backups at once. I don’t totally agree that the Bills need to win this game to maintain relevance. Trying to keep things in perspective that we’re in week 3 of 17. So much can happen. Even if the dolphins win this game, I believe we are still the better team, now, and for the rest of the season.  There will be a ton of media talk, and dolphins fans would be talking a lot of crap… but I think come the second half of the season, the cream will rise to the top.

That said, I’m definitely concerned about  the injuries we have. It’s probably the most significant injury list I can ever remember seeing in terms of starters.  Would hate to have injuries derail this team, because it truly is a special team.  To me, almost seems like more pressure on Miami to win given the situation. But if Buffalo can pull it off (and this is very realistic!) what a statement win it would be.  If not, we’ll get healthy and will be back to destroying teams again in no time.  Bottom line, long term I think we’re money, win or lose on Sunday. 

Enjoy the game my friend  - I’ll be in Miami cheering loudly.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

When hurting a body part, evaluating the following day is a part of the process. Things can change overnight, like swelling. 

Your making something so simple very complicated. It’s the first game of the season, Ed’s fired up and probably said he could a still play if they needed him, but he is kept out. After evaluating the next day, the severity of the injury is determined to be such, that multiple weeks are needed to fully heal. 

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah so basically the same crew that hung 41 on the Titans plus Davis

Should point out that the fish probably have a better defense at this time though I don’t think it is going to matter….

As far as our defense goes Brandon Bryant and CJ Brewer are pretty good and hopefully that’s the last injury to the secondary for now….

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah so basically the same crew that hung 41 on the Titans plus Davis

To be fair,  the Titans offense was terrible and never kicked in gear after their 1st matching TD. 

Tua/Tyreek/Jalen are firing on all cylinders...plus they have Gelsiki at TE and Mostert/Chase in the backfield...that is a pretty good offense that could match against our offense due to our depleted defense.

Amusing how Dolphins fans online are posting "Look, Bills fans already making excuses!" under these injury articles...

As if these players being out doesn't have a significant impact on the game? I'm sure if Tyreek Hill & Jalen Waddle were ruled out, they'd never even mention it right? 🙄

Just now, BigDingus said:

Amusing how Dolphins fans online are posting "Look, Bills fans already making excuses!" under these injury articles...

As if these players being out doesn't have a significant impact on the game? I'm sure if Tyreek Hill & Jalen Waddle were ruled out, they'd never even mention it right? 🙄

If even one of those guys are out we win 100% despite our injuries lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.