Bills Ticket Prices Soar on Secondary Market: Now Up 40% Since Season Start

Nextmanup

This definitely helped me.  Last year I lost A LOT of money, because I’m a season ticket holder, in the Air Force, stationed in Arizona.  Just my Titans and Packers games alone, I got paid $2.1k and I paid $2.7k for the season.  It’s making it easier and feasible for me to travel to go to 1-2 games a year.

53 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

This definitely helped me.  Last year I lost A LOT of money, because I’m a season ticket holder, in the Air Force, stationed in Arizona.  Just my Titans and Packers games alone, I got paid $2.1k and I paid $2.7k for the season.  It’s making it easier and feasible for me to travel to go to 1-2 games a year.

Lucky bastard you’re right there for when we win the super bowl this year! Fellow Airmen here too. Go Bills

8 hours ago, ToBillsFan said:

Has anyone had any luck with scalpers close to kickoff?

what doesn’t make sense to me is that I looked for tickets on Ticketmaster up until kick off and there were still a ton of tickets for sale but when I watched the game it looked like there wasn’t an empty seat?

scalpers? You mean like guys along the street saying "got one? need one?"

lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

scalpers? You mean like guys along the street saying "got one? need one?"

lol

You must be fun at parties

sorry next time I’ll include a definition of the word: a person who resells shares or tickets at a large or quick profit.

Did you have any input btw or just wanted someone to laugh at your attempt of a joke?

Scalpers are guys selling tickets close to the game.  They are gone, as are paper tickets.  

Secondary market sites such as StubHub and Ticketmaster are venues for ticket holders to sell for high profits.  

Obviously that close to the game, most sellers showed up in their own seats, tickets unsold—they sold them after kickoff.  You could have answered your own question by simply clicking on a for sake ticket.  

5 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I would love to buy a pair of tickets if the Bills host the AFC championship game. Kind of nervous for what the price will be (if I can even find tickets). $1k a piece? More maybe?

I want to say the cheapest tickets inside the stadium for the AFCCG were like $500 after fees (at least on Ticketmaster) the morning of the divisional round game last season.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, NeverOutNick said:

Am I allowed to buy tickets from someone outside the stadium the day of the game? Maybe I’ll get lucky on a price drop then

Nah, really no scalping at all outside games anymore. Everything is electronic/mobile tickets which has killed scalping.
Sad , I used to scalp tickets all the time for games when I traveled a lot for work. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Scalpers are guys selling tickets close to the game.  They are gone, as are paper tickets.  

Secondary market sites such as StubHub and Ticketmaster are venues for ticket holders to sell for high profits.  

While it is true the move to mobile ticketing has thinned the ranks of ticket guys but on game days you still can find them by Abbott and SW also on Big tree rd by Abbott. And for what it is worth under NY state law teams and venues  has to offer the option of paper tickets even though they fight hard against it but their hands are tied.

51 minutes ago, Liberal Bob said:

While it is true the move to mobile ticketing has thinned the ranks of ticket guys but on game days you still can find them by Abbott and SW also on Big tree rd by Abbott. And for what it is worth under NY state law teams and venues  has to offer the option of paper tickets even though they fight hard against it but their hands are tied.

"SECTION 25.30

Operator prohibitions

Arts and Cultural Affairs (ACA) CHAPTER 11-C, TITLE G, ARTICLE 25

* § 25.30. Operator prohibitions. 

(c) employ a paperless ticketing system unless the consumer is given
an option to purchase paperless tickets that the consumer can transfer
at any price, and at any time, and without additional fees, independent
of the operator or operator's agent
. Notwithstanding the foregoing, an
operator or operator's agent may employ a paperless ticketing system
that does not allow for independent transferability of paperless tickets
only if the consumer is offered an option at the time of initial sale to
purchase the same tickets in some other form that is transferrable
independent of the operator or operator's agent including, but not
limited to, paper tickets or e-tickets. The established price for any
given ticket shall be the same regardless of the form or transferability
of such ticket. The ability for a ticket to be transferred independent
of the operator or operator's agent shall not constitute a special
service for the purpose of imposing a service charge pursuant to section
25.29 of this article."

Maybe you were thinking of this?  It doesn't mandate actual paper tickets, which as of this season, the Bills say they no longer offer.

Of course, you can print out your electronically purchased ticket on a piece of paper in your computer printer and if it's real, they will allow entry. 

But no one is dumb enough to buy a print out on Abbott street from some dude....

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

from where ?

I buy a couple of games a year from a friend of mine as he always has extras . He said it costs him a couple of bucks to have them printed but it makes getting rid of those extra tickets very easy as the whole mobile process is a royal pain. All people have to do is go to the box office and they will be printed instead of mobile.

1 minute ago, Liberal Bob said:

I buy a couple of games a year from a friend of mine as he always has extras . He said it costs him a couple of bucks to have them printed but it makes getting rid of those extra tickets very easy as the whole mobile process is a royal pain. All people have to do is go to the box office and they will be printed instead of mobile.

As I said, you can get in with a printed version of your e-ticket---like printed as an 8.5x11 piece of paper from your HP printer. 

No one is going to buy a printer sheet ticket in on the street before the game from "a scalper".

There really is no simpler system than transferring/selling e-tickets, so I don't know what your friend talking about. why on earth would someone go to the box office to get a printout of the ticket on their phone??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.