Bills Ticket Prices Soar on Secondary Market: Now Up 40% Since Season Start

Nextmanup

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

For the Steelers game, there are 300-level tickets re-selling for $400.

I am 99.9% certain this will be my last year attending a game.  I expected to be priced out with the new stadium; but I didn't expect to be priced out beginning next year.

MetLife is only a 3.5 hour drive for me (as opposed to ~5 hours to Orchard Park), but it seems like the Bills always play in New Jersey during the winter months and I have no interest in that.

Same.  I wanted to take my daughter to the Steelers game, but prices are insane.   I may just take her to the Jets game in Jersey.  It’s half the drive and half the price 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Same.  I wanted to take my daughter to the Steelers game, but prices are insane.   I may just take her to the Jets game in Jersey.  It’s half the drive and half the price 

I am going the Jersey game. $96 per ticket third level. I live in Saratoga which makes this a day trip. Save on ticket, hotel and meals. Be better in Buffalo but the numbers don't work. Jets fans are for the most part tolerable. 

I am going to the Miami game this week - solo. Got premium seats ($400) where I can go inside as it would be tough to sit in the sun for 4 hours. I expect the Miami fans to be rowdy as they finally have something to look forward to. 

Going to the Steelers game in Highmark but it is business. No cost for the seats. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

I am going the Jersey game. $96 per ticket third level. I live in Saratoga which makes this a day trip. Save on ticket, hotel and meals. Be better in Buffalo but the numbers don't work. Jets fans are for the most part tolerable. 

I am going to the Miami game this week - solo. Got premium seats ($400) where I can go inside as it would be tough to sit in the sun for 4 hours. I expect the Miami fans to be rowdy as they finally have something to look forward to. 

Going to the Steelers game in Highmark but it is business. No cost for the seats. 

I’ll give you some “business” for free seats 

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

For the Steelers game, there are 300-level tickets re-selling for $400.

I am 99.9% certain this will be my last year attending a game.  I expected to be priced out with the new stadium; but I didn't expect to be priced out beginning next year.

MetLife is only a 3.5 hour drive for me (as opposed to ~5 hours to Orchard Park), but it seems like the Bills always play in New Jersey during the winter months and I have no interest in that.

Home games the prices are crazy for sure.  Away games (Vegas excluded), not so much.  I got 2 (45 yard 200's level front row) at Metlife for the Jets game this week for 321 plus each.   Similar seats for Steelers at Highmark going for 600-900+

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Home games the prices are crazy for sure.  Away games (Vegas excluded), not so much.  I got 2 (45 yard 200's level front row) at Metlife for the Jets game this week for 321 plus each.   Similar seats for Steelers at Highmark going for 600-900+

We all have our limits and I am never one to tell someone they're wrong in how they're choosing to spend their own money.  I'm a firm believer in to each his own.

That said, I can't justify spending $300 on a ticket to any event.  Not a concert, football game or baseball game ... three things that I love to see live.

I get it.  I understand why Bills tickets have skyrocketed and I don't begrudge anyone over it.  The simple fact for me is that I just don't want to spend that kind of money on those things.

• Agree 3

The gouging at every turn is getting a bit tiring and sort of a buzzkill for fans who once thought such things impossible to occur.

Add in the new couples and young families who balk at the costs now and don’t go.

The new stadium pricing is going to blow minds, nail coffins shut of many who thought they go for ST’s.….or a game.

Edited by I am the egg man

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We all have our limits and I am never one to tell someone they're wrong in how they're choosing to spend their own money.  I'm a firm believer in to each his own.

That said, I can't justify spending $300 on a ticket to any event.  Not a concert, football game or baseball game ... three things that I love to see live.

I get it.  I understand why Bills tickets have skyrocketed and I don't begrudge anyone over it.  The simple fact for me is that I just don't want to spend that kind of money on those things.

I hear you.  It's a birthday present for my son.  

But for $300, you could probably throw out the first pitch, manage for 3 innings and retire to a luxury box with a chocolate fondue fountain in at least 10 MLB stadiums....

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I hear you.  It's a birthday present for my son.  

But for $300, you could probably throw out the first pitch, manage for 3 innings and retire to a luxury box with a chocolate fondue fountain in at least 10 MLB stadiums....

Yeah, baseball games are still super affordable, which is great.

And if my son was a huge Bills fan and really wanted to go to a game, then I'd drop $300 on a ticket, too.

• Like (+1) 1

The prices we are seeing are not sustainable for Buffalo.  It's an anomaly in my opinion. 

This happens to be the season that all Bills fans feel something special in the air. It's an excellent team, great O, great D, Josh Allen is hitting his prime, they were Super Bowl favorites even before the season began and now look even BETTER than expected. 

Buffalo fans from across the country are making it a priority to come to Orchard Park for a game this season..  With the legendary tailgating and "Mafia" hype nationally, even opponents fans are making Highmark Stadium a bucket list weekend getaway.  And there are some big (and close by) fan bases that are coming in like Pittsburgh, Cleve and GB.   It's just a perfect storm to cause the secondary market to be on fire. It may last this season, maybe next season...but it won't be the norm. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agreed to go to Cincy, between the ticket, House rental and drive down, IM probably $600 in already.

Its gross. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, baseball games are still super affordable, which is great.

And if my son was a huge Bills fan and really wanted to go to a game, then I'd drop $300 on a ticket, too.

Yankees/Red Sox (and perhaps, MLB history) tonight can be had for $76.  Orioles next week for $22.

• Like (+1) 1

I definitely feel dumb for not buying a ticket last month. My brother is getting married in Buffalo. His wedding is the Friday after the Bills/Steelers game so I'm planning on driving up from Florida to Buffalo early to see my first bills game at Orchard Park. If anyone has a ticket in the $200 range please let me know. If not hopefully ticket prices fall a little a couple days before the game lol

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

can tell they mist certainly did not crash MOnday night..at all!

The first 4 games are just expensive...Everyone  wants big name,  warm weather games, November/December games... can prolly still buy the AFC East games at season ticket prices directly from the Bills. 

Ya know, the elasticity of prices and demand and all and the work Marshall did.

My road game was going to be Cincinnati this year. My buddy has season tix, and he’s been selling his Bengals seats for double face value. When the schedule came out I learned that the game was a Monday Night game (a good thing) on January 2nd (a bad thing). I think by the time the Bengals lose a bunch of games and people realize it’s cold out at night in Cincinnati in January, he will be lucky to find many takers. I’m on the fence, and it’s free for me. 

There are a bunch of factors, but they are generally pretty obvious and foreseeable. 

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I agreed to go to Cincy, between the ticket, House rental and drive down, IM probably $600 in already.

Its gross. 

By the time I pay for airfare, hotel rooms and a car rental, I see a bit extra for my game ticket as just one more drop in the bucket……generally.

This year, due to other factors, I was not able to attend the home opener. BUT, I looked close enough to see that the hotel and airfare had spiked along with the game ticket. For just me alone it was going to be about $2,500+ for a long weekend in Buffalo to see the game. Atlanta to Buffalo round trip was over $800 the week before the game. Hotel had gone from about $250/night to $450/night. Game ticket was obviously obscene, even upper deck. I never looked at car rentals, but I bet they were going to screw me there too.

Everybody sees an opportunity and wants a piece of the action. I freely admit, if I owned a hotel and could make an extra $XXXXXX, I’d have a hard time leaving that money on the table. So, I decide if I can justify it, and I just try to put the cost out of my mind and enjoy the experience. 

Had I not had a conflict, I would have done it anyway, but that probably would have stuck in my craw a bit, no matter how hard I tried. My wife might raise an eyebrow as well, but that’s life. 

Edited by Augie

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

I absolutely hate this for a number of reasons.

1 - I worry this will be the new normal and serious influence the base ticket prices in the new stadium.  If they see lower bowl tix selling for $400+, why would they not assume that's something everyone can afford.

2 - Resellers must be really digging into the Bills and ruining the market for actual fans.  This is the one reason I actually support PSL's, to weed some of them out.

3 - Less games for me to go to.  It's actually cheaper for me to go see the Bills play the Jets and Ravens for away games.

yeah, I'm going to the Jets game in the swamp lower bowl goal line for $200... that's a $400 tkt at the Ralph..... how times have changed.  1/2 price to see a game in NYC

The Bills game at Arrowhead...$260 is the cheapest seat, through Vivid Seats, which usually puts on a $30-40 administrative fee on top.  For the rest of the Chiefs' games at Arrowhead, the same seats are going for between $120 and $150.

It is easily the hottest ticket of the season.

Last year for the playoff game at Arrowhead, we got endzones for about $100 a piece.  But then, we got them in that little window 48 hours before game time where the price drops.

This is the price of success, I guess.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

The article I linked to said 300 level seats for this Sunday's game (in Miami of all places where you usually have 15,000 empty seats) are going for "low $200 range".

I'm about 1.5 hours north of that stadium, but $450 (?) for 2 seats plus gas plus parking plus beer plus food....and with a German partner who doesn't know the first thing about football and she would probably just be bored....

Yeah, forget it.  I am always impressed with the people here who spend THOUSANDS to see a game on the road including hotel and air fare, etc.  If that's what gets your rocks off, keep doing it!  You gotta enjoy life one way or the other.  

I'll be watching in my living room!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.