4 Years Ago Bills vs Minnesota -16.5 Dogs

aristocrat

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

How did Allen survive behind that O-Line?

He didn't assume it would protect him, so he made plays any way he could.

He always had the heart, but that first year he wasn't a good passer.  And that was the last year the Bills didn't make the playoffs, but thankfully Beane got busy and rebuilt the roster.

I was there! I walked into that stadium more interested in the stadium than the game after the Bills had laid eggs the first two games. I was awed by the "Skol" chants and the power that brought to the stadium. I amicably greeted the many Vikes fans around me and shared their expectations of a Vikings win, just hoping to see our rookie QB give some life to the team.

And....it was awesome. Hughes strip sack TD, Allen's leap, Allen's stretch....all just awesome....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

The game where Allen showed he had that dog in him.  Also, who remembers the famous gambling thread where some guy threw 5k on the Vikings to cover the spread?  Wonder what happened to that guy?

I remember putting a little down on the moneyline.  Was like $20/40 and paid a good sum 😁

Go Bills!!

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

How did Allen survive behind that O-Line?

He didn’t.  Got knocked out of Texans game 3 weeks later.  Gone for 4 games I think.

I bet they beat the Texans had he stayed in.   Maybe beat Miami and NYJ too given he would have had more reps. and Bills would have been in the hunt for the playoffs.   Instead it was a comedy of errors until Barkley went off on the Jets.

Edited by BillsfaninSB

12 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

He didn’t.  Got knocked out of Texans game 3 weeks later.  Gone for 4 games I think.

I bet they beat the Texans had he stayed in.   Maybe beat Miami and NYJ too given he would have had more reps. and Bills would have been in the hunt for the playoffs.   Instead it was a comedy of errors until Barkley went off on the Jets.

I was at that game. The irony was it was a late hit on his elbow after a 40 yd completion, not in a situation where he was running for his life.

I had a bird's eye view of Peterman's pick-6 to lose the game... literally.  End zone seats with Peterman's back to me and I'm pretty sure I did the slow motion "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" before he even released the ball... it was so obvious to everybody but Peterman that the CB was baiting him into throwing the sideline out because of his weak-ass arm.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

The day the JA Leap became legend 

I call it the Rasta leap…,

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I think he got a bonus at work or something and didn't wanna tell the wife. there was a story with how he got the 5k and that he couldn't afford to lose it either. people trying to talk him out of it. i can't find the thread but it got locked with all the craziness

here you go

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.