4 Years Ago Bills vs Minnesota -16.5 Dogs

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ah.  Wasn't that the 'I bet 5g's on the Vikings' game? 🤔

I think he got a bonus at work or something and didn't wanna tell the wife. there was a story with how he got the 5k and that he couldn't afford to lose it either. people trying to talk him out of it. i can't find the thread but it got locked with all the craziness

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The game where Allen showed he had that dog in him.  Also, who remembers the famous gambling thread where some guy threw 5k on the Vikings to cover the spread?  Wonder what happened to that guy?

I remember the first 3 or 4 games we played with Allen where the cameraman couldn't keep up with the ball in the air and you would almost never see the actual completion, just the player running after he caught it...

Guess it even took the cameramen a few games to adjust to his ball velocity.  Does it seem like he throws a little softer ball now?  A few of those throws, especially the one to Holmes on the sideline, looked like they were goin to go through the player.

• Like (+1) 2

I was so sold on Josh after that game I went to the mall & bought his jersey.  I had to buy it in a small store because Dick's didn't have any Bills stuff back in 2018 in Albany. 

The main thing I look for in a rookie QB is flashes of brilliance.  I saw that in Josh that game & went all in.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My son and I were at that game.  We were rethinking our decision to attend this one since by all accounts it looked like a total mismatch on paper, but the Bills are only in MSP once every eight years so why not.  Obviously the game worked out well and we got to be there for The Hurdle.  It was fun talking to other fans after game because literally nobody expected this one to even be competitive, let alone a rout in our favor. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Everybody talks about "The Hurdle", but for me, this was the play that said "We finally found our QB":

Josh Allen Pylon Cam.JPG

I still think he achieved lift on that jump.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Was Diggs a Viking at this time? I’m thinking yes.

He mentioned Josh going off on the Vikings when he arrived.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.