Hot take: Secondary will be fine this week vs the fish.

ChicagoRic

13 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Not sure how the humidity compares. That’s the killer. Unfortunately we won’t have the quality depth to keep rolling out players at a number of defensive positions. Gotta grind through it, stay as cool as they can on the sidelines, and hopefully watch Josh and O put up huge numbers!

Not even close. The air is dry in Los Angeles. I lived there for 10 years. It gets hot in September and the sun takes it's toll, but it is nothing to the energy draining humidity of Miami. Believe me. I lived in both cities and you can physically exert yourself a lot more in LA without wearing down. You sweat through everything here and within 30 minutes you don't want be outside doing heavy physical activity. 

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Its not like the Bills have never played there before lol.

True, but Ive lived here for years and it was never as bad as it has been this year. The last 3-4 years in FL, the heat and humidity through the summer has been ridiculous. 

On 9/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, nosejob said:

Forgive me if it's already been stated, but I wouldn't be surprised if the rookie corners play well. I'm hoping that we try some press man and clean Tua's clock. Also, when J.Johnson was drafted, Earl Reed said he'd be a Pro bowler....for years.

This is the week to really throw down on defense be it adding some blitzing on occasion....maybe even give Bernard some snaps to make them think they can pull us out of nickel or run the ball. Mixing Shaq and Boogie inside now and then should work just fine against this Oline. Feel sorry for Greg Little.

It does bother me that  the line is 5.5, but maybe Vegas is going to try and make up ground for everybody putting their money on the Bills the last 2 weeks. How did the hoodie hold the Fish down? The Ravens just played a bad D in the secondary with a single safety (rookie) high. I'm not impressed.

Who the eff is Earl Reed, and why does his opinion mean anything?

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Not even close. The air is dry in Los Angeles. I lived there for 10 years. It gets hot in September and the sun takes it's toll, but it is nothing to the energy draining humidity of Miami. Believe me. I lived in both cities and you can physically exert yourself a lot more in LA without wearing down. You sweat through everything here and within 30 minutes you don't want be outside doing heavy physical activity. 

True, but Ive lived here for years and it was never as bad as it has been this year. The last 3-4 years in FL, the heat and humidity through the summer has been ridiculous. 

It was not dry in LA when the Bills were out there.  

I know what you’re talking about, but it was a rare weather event for that part of the country.   Mid-high 90’s with humidity.  

I live in Atlanta, and I was sweating through a dri-fit polo like it was nothing at the tailgate. 

It was, quite literally, Florida weather. 

Edited by SCBills

On 9/23/2022 at 6:42 AM, SCBills said:

It’s going to be all about the Defensive Line.

If the backend of the defense ends up being Elam-Benford-Johnson-Johnson-Poyer, there’s only so much you can do to protect an outside rookie corner on each side. 

Furthermore, there’s only so much you can do against Hill, Waddle and Gesicki.

While Jaquan Johnson isn’t Micah Hyde, he’s a very cerebral, smart player who’s been in the system for years now.  Everyone who knows anything about him has said he’s ready.. and not just “ready”, but “been ready”. 

I expect the secondary to impress.  Some of that will be due to the fact that, while young/inexperienced, these guys are talented.. but a lot of that will be due to the fact that this Defensive Line is an absolute game wrecker.  

Let’s just hope we get a 2 for 1 swap of Oliver/Settle for Phillips, because interior pressure is what takes this group to another level when opposing lines have to be focused on Von and the trio of young pass rushers off the edge.  

Jordan Phillips is going to be missed. 

I just now heard the Poyer news which was quite the left hook after convincing myself all day that we'll survive Hyde's injury largely because of Poyer. Hopefully it's only one week.

It's gonna be a challenge but I do trust our process especially when it comes to the secondary and they've been playing under the best tandem in the game. Look at the bright side, it'll be interesting to watch the new squad and if they play well then it'll be awesome. I told myself to stop doubting this regime when it comes to the secondary after they seemingly hit on Benford, it's possible this team doesn't miss a beat.

And of course the biggest x-factor is Tua against pressure. He might just suck tomorrow.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, TBBills said:

It was hotter at the Rams game.

Yeah, but you saw what it did to our team today. I told you the weather was going to be a factor. The Bills were cramped up, exhausted, dizzy. The heat wore them down and contributed to multiple injuries. The heat in Florida this year is like nothing you ever felt before. When you are outside doing physical activity, you get drained and dizzy so quick sometimes. I've had guys on my crew suffer heat stroke. 

5 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Yeah, but you saw what it did to our team today. I told you the weather was going to be a factor. The Bills were cramped up, exhausted, dizzy. The heat wore them down and contributed to multiple injuries. The heat in Florida this year is like nothing you ever felt before. When you are outside doing physical activity, you get drained and dizzy so quick sometimes. I've had guys on my crew suffer heat stroke. 

It wasn't a factor, it effected both teams. The factor was bad playcalling on defense and stupid mistakes on offense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.