Hot take: Secondary will be fine this week vs the fish.

ChicagoRic

To me, there are two clear defensive objectives:

1.) Limit explosive plays
2.) Tackle well

With two rookie corners and a backup safety (or two), the Bills will likely play primarily zone defense, just as they have the past two games (92% of the time). They'll stay in two-high a lot, aim to keep everything in front of them, and ask their defensive backs to rally to the football and tackle.

I predict that the Fins will compile a lot of yardage through the short and intermediate passing game, looking to get the ball out quick and force the Bills defensive backs to cheat up, at which point they'll look to go deep to the speedsters. The Bills defense must resist this temptation, continue to employ consistent and conservative zone schemes all game, and make life easier for their depleted secondary.

In the end, I think the Bills will be fine with giving up "cheap" yardage and forcing the Phins to go on long, sustained drives throughout the game. So long as they limit explosive plays and tackle well to mitigate the screen and short passing game, they ought to be able to stop the Phins offense enough times to allow the Allen-led Bills offense to outscore them.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You’re a tyreek hill drag route away from deleting this thread. 

let’s be realists. We’re entering a shootout. 

Our DL is the wildcard here. We get pressure on Tua consistently then it won't be a shootout

but I also understand what could happen if we do not

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I expect to see Tua look more like he did against NE than the 4th quarter against Baltimore. We disguise coverages better than anyone in the league and get pressure with our front 4. Baltimore blitzed heavily and played man on the back end. That eventually bit them hard. We won't be doing that against them.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You’re a tyreek hill drag route away from deleting this thread. 

let’s be realists. We’re entering a shootout. 

Hill has always been a Bills killer even against White 100% healthy and in the lineup.

To think he's not going to destroy this defense just because Mahomes isn't throwing to him is silly and both he and Waddle are going to EAT on Sunday.

Agreed. The ravens pass rush was garbage and ours is on fire right now. As long as the secondary doesn’t start completely blowing coverages like the ravens did they’ll be fine.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Hill has always been a Bills killer even against White 100% healthy and in the lineup.

To think he's not going to destroy this defense just because Mahomes isn't throwing to him is silly and both he and Waddle are going to EAT on Sunday.

^^^^ dolphins fan trolling just in case anybody still gives him attention

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Agreed. The ravens pass rush was garbage and ours is on fire right now. As long as the secondary doesn’t start completely blowing coverages like the ravens did they’ll be fine.

Yea, I actually think he is having a dialogue with himself here between his two accounts. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

We are going to be in for a dogfight this week.

We'll be starting 2 rookies at corner and no way will Hyde be able to play.  Tre remains out of course.

That's a lot of shoes to fill, and Hill is as dangerous an offensive weapon as this league has, while Jaylen Waddle is a superstar in the making.

They will definitely HURT us in this game.  Will it be enough for Miami to win?  I don't think so.

But they will get their points here and there.

Help from the front 7 will be key. 

I am curious to see how Miami comes out this game. Will they try and stretch the field because of their 4th quarter outing. Our will they stick to what they do and keep it to the short game. 

I trust Allen and Co. to get it done in a shoot out with Tua.

29 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He isn't even veiling it anymore 😂

Kupp ATE week 1 too and look what happened to the Rams.

28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yea, I actually think he is having a dialogue with himself here between his two accounts. 

Wouldn’t be the first time some troll did that, and it certainly won’t be the last. Just thinking of Hogboy brings a rueful smile to my face…

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I can’t wait to see what you have to say with your tail between your legs on Monday Troll. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

So 20 catches in 5 games for 320 yds and a total of 1 TD  in 5 games is a Killer?  LOL you are a hoot!

What does that make Gabe Davis or Diggs?  Diggs has 24 catches for 330 yds and 3 TDs in 4 games as a Bill vs Fins.  Davis has 7 catches for 142 yds and 3 TDs in 3 games.  

If I was a Fins fan I would be worried about their D.  Only 2 sacks on the year.  Give up 9 yds Per Pass attempt -WORST IN THE NFL!!!  To the Pats and Ravens - not exacly passing offenses btw!

And Fins have given up over 300 more yards on D compared to Bills.  Fins have surrendered over 50 more yds on the ground per game too than Bills.

Bills D will rush 4 and play zone and still get to Tua.  Bills D has 19 QB knockdowns and have surrendered only 17 points!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hill and Waddle are the best WR combo in the league right now, Gesicki also an upper echelon TE.

If the Bills can hold the dolphins to less than 24 points on Sunday given the current injury situation it will truly be impressive.

Yea but they have Tua as QB...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.