Hot take: Secondary will be fine this week vs the fish.

ChicagoRic

I see two picks, possibly three, and one of them going back for six, tossing floaters up on our D is not a great idea, just sayin.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Honestly, this game is about the weather. I live here and the heat and humidity is oppressive and drains so much energy out of you, especially  if you are performing physical activity outside. The Bills training staff better be ready to keep everyone hydrated and free of cramps.  Our rotations and depth will be the key to this game.  

Just doing yard work or light labor outside makes you sweat so much that your shirt needs to be wrung out. I can't imagine going full speed with 20 lbs of equipment on me for three hours in the middle of the afternoon. And 3-4 pm is like the witching hour where the heat will hit 95-100 degrees with killer humidity. 

If this was a night game, I'd say the Bills win by 17+ but I think it will be close and in the 4th quarter we are going to need fresh players who have energy. This is where Hill and Waddle can take advantage of our DB's and DL slowing down. especially since we are missing players in these positions.  It's going to take all 53 to win this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Honestly, this game is about the weather. I live here and the heat and humidity is oppressive and drains so much energy out of you, especially  if you are performing physical activity outside. The Bills training staff better be ready to keep everyone hydrated and free of cramps.  Our rotations and depth will be the key to this game.  

Just doing yard work or light labor outside makes you sweat so much that your shirt needs to be wrung out. I can't imagine going full speed with 20 lbs of equipment on me for three hours in the middle of the afternoon. And 3-4 pm is like the witching hour where the heat will hit 95-100 degrees with killer humidity. 

If this was a night game, I'd say the Bills win by 17+ but I think it will be close and in the 4th quarter we are going to need fresh players who have energy. This is where Hill and Waddle can take advantage of our DB's and DL slowing down. especially since we are missing players in these positions.  It's going to take all 53 to win this game. 

Weather.com is saying now 80% chance of rain Monday afternoon.  Thunderstorms possible.

**Nevermind.  I was looking at Monday lol.  Sunday is showing 40% right now.  But it's always like that down there this time of year.**

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We are going to be in for a dogfight this week.

We'll be starting 2 rookies at corner and no way will Hyde be able to play.  Tre remains out of course.

That's a lot of shoes to fill, and Hill is as dangerous an offensive weapon as this league has, while Jaylen Waddle is a superstar in the making.

They will definitely HURT us in this game.  Will it be enough for Miami to win?  I don't think so.

But they will get their points here and there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We are going to be in for a dogfight this week.

We'll be starting 2 rookies at corner and no way will Hyde be able to play.  Tre remains out of course.

That's a lot of shoes to fill, and Hill is as dangerous an offensive weapon as this league has, while Jaylen Waddle is a superstar in the making.

They will definitely HURT us in this game.  Will it be enough for Miami to win?  I don't think so.

But they will get their points here and there.

Your name is literally Nextmanup...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Phillips + Hyde, Dane, Tre, in total?

We haven't had Tre at all this season.  We have only had Ed Oliver for 2 quarters.

Jaquan Johnson has been here for 4 years.

I trust our pass rush and that will take off pressure from our depleted secondary.  Tua has had one great quarter.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

DL looks like it's just Phillips.

I’m not 100% that Oliver and Settle will be 100% either. I’m glad we have a rotation because I wouldn’t be surprised if they had them on pitch counts. 

I still think the Bills take this game and likely win by double digits in the end but I think the Phins keep it interesting. We’ll prolly start another cut Edmunds thread because Waddle or Hill takes a 5 yard dump off 70 yards to the house.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, uninja said:

I’m not 100% that Oliver and Settle will be 100% either. I’m glad we have a rotation because I wouldn’t be surprised if they had them on pitch counts. 

I still think the Bills take this game and likely win by double digits in the end but I think the Phins keep it interesting. We’ll prolly start another cut Edmunds thread because Waddle or Hill takes a 5 yard dump off 70 yards to the house.

Well that would be silly for those members.  Shouldn't be asking a MLB in the open field to stop those fast WR's.

I expect Miami to score more points than the Rams or Titans did, but IMO people are over-reacting to our injuries.  If you told me that Miami was going to score, say, 24 points on Sunday, I'd feel really good about getting the W if that's the only piece of information I had to go on.  They still can't keep up with us in a track meet.  

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I actually think Miami is going to try to run it down our throats. I expect Hill to be lined up in the backfield quite a bit.

Based on what exactly and why would you think that is going to work from what you've seen the first 2 games? The Bills have the #1 run D in the NFL and Miami averages 3.7 YPC.

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Tua threw the ball 50 times last week.  He was sacked once and hit twice.  I think he will not be as comfortable this Sunday.

Hill and Waddle will get their yards.  If we limit the big plays I expect we win.  Their speedy WRs will be a good test for our defense.  

If he throws the ball 50 times it will be disastrous for the Fins

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.