Any updates on Tre’Davious White

JAMIEBUF12

Just now, JAMIEBUF12 said:

I know he was put on the pup list.I havn’t seen any articles on his progress.Like will he be back after the four games? Just thought it odd that it has been quiet.

GO BILLS!!

It’s been quiet because the media hasn’t been asking. They haven’t been asking because they’re going to get the same response from McD, he’s not going to share Tre’s progress, or how he looks in practice.

• Like (+1) 1

My understanding is that PUP players must be moved to the active roster after 21 days (3 weeks), or they cannot play for the rest of the season.

Everything we've heard is that Tre White's recovery is going well, with no known setbacks.  He is now also 10 months removed from the ACL surgery, on an injury that usually takes 9-12 months to come back from.  So even if he's trending towards a longer recovery, he should absolutely be back before season's end. 

Bottom line, you can be certain that White will be activated from the PUP list to the roster after the Dolphins game.  

When he actually comes back to game action is another story.  Once his rehab is 100% complete, it's probably going to take him some time to get back into NFL game shape. 

He could potentially be back for the Ravens game.  But the Bills may want to be extra careful, and either hold him out for a few more weeks or gradually ease him back in.  If I'm the coaching staff, I probably don't want to rush him out there to chase around Lamar Jackson after just one week of practice.  The Steelers game may be a good starting point to get him a few snaps.  Then he can be ready to roll against the Chiefs.  Another realistic scenario is them just waiting until after the bye week, and bringing him back against the Packers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

My understanding is that PUP players must be moved to the active roster after 21 days (3 weeks), or they cannot play for the rest of the season.

Everything we've heard is that Tre White's recovery is going well, with no known setbacks.  He is now also 10 months removed from the ACL surgery, on an injury that usually takes 9-12 months to come back from.  So even if he's trending towards a longer recovery, he should absolutely be back before season's end. 

Bottom line, you can be certain that White will be activated from the PUP list to the roster after the Dolphins game.  

When he actually comes back to game action is another story.  Once his rehab is 100% complete, it's probably going to take him some time to get back into NFL game shape. 

He could potentially be back for the Ravens game.  But the Bills may want to be extra careful, and either hold him out for a few more weeks or gradually ease him back in.  If I'm the coaching staff, I probably don't want to rush him out there to chase around Lamar Jackson after just one week of practice.  The Steelers game may be a good starting point to get him a few snaps.  Then he can be ready to roll against the Chiefs.  Another realistic scenario is them just waiting until after the bye week, and bringing him back against the Packers.

Think your exactly right with PUP designations. So more then likely the team won’t comment on Trey till he’s off. Does seem strange there hasn’t been a peep said about him though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, yall said:

I've heard it's not going as quickly as hoped. Source is an acquaintance who claims to know several of the people involved with his rehab. 

Take it for what it's worth, which is admittedly not much. But that's what I've heard.

Don't think it's a stretch to believe that their CB drafting strategy was dictated by some unease about the situation. We get so used to these things being quite routine and full recoveries are made that it's easy to take for granted. 

Hopefully that's not the case, and they're just taking every precaution to make sure that when he returns he can get as close to his pre-injury form as possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

"Tre'Davious has been working his tail off and doing everything possible to get himself ready to play. He and our medical staff are in constant communication and we will make the move to remove him from PUP when appropriate. Christian and Kair have been putting in the work to be that next man up for us and we are very pleased with their mentality." - There, that's about all you'd get on a question asked to any member of the coaching staff or FO. 

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

This is not correct at all.

He is out an can not practice for the first 4 weeks.

Once the Bills decide to activate him - which they can do at any time after week 4 concludes - they then have 3 weeks of roster exemption for him to practice before they add him to the active roster.

So at this point - the only contact with the team is look at his rehab - he can not participate in any on field practice activities at this time until after the Ravens game.  The Monday after the Ravens game is the first day they could activate him, but they do not have to - he can stay on PUP longer and still not practice - just as he is now.

Once they decide to activate him to active PUP - then the clock starts ticking and they have 3 weeks for him to practice with the team, but still not count.  During this 3 weeks at any point the Bills can move him to Active Roster where he will be available to play and will count against the roster and a move will need to be made.

The team could decide to move him to active PUP the Monday after the Ravens game - give him the entire Pittsburgh week and the Chiefs week to get back into shape and then activate him to the roster before the Chiefs game (or Pittsburgh if they really wanted to) or they could wait until later in the season if everyone comes back to being healthy.

The one thing that is certain is he can not be activated after the Dolphins game - the Ravens game is the 4th week and that is the minimum.

Once he clears a hurdle and gets activated and can start practicing- then we will get some answers, but before that - there is little to see or talk about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There is literally nothing to say.

That's not true; but no one is going to tell you want you want to know anyway, so I guess it might as well be nothing.

The update at this point in time would be purely about his physical condition and what progress or setback he has with rehab...it would be a medical/physical fitness update, and no one is going to talk about that stuff right now anyway.

At this point, we have to have some faith that he IS coming, and he WILL be back at some point.  And when he is, the D will be made that much better, assuming his 100% beyond the injury.

The only update that matters is that we're 2-0, having beat two of last year's best teams by a combined 55 points while playing 2 rookies and a former 7th round draft pick at his position.

If we keep this up, we might not need him until the playoffs, which is when we actually will need him. Until then, we might as well keep letting him get better and better while blowing the doors off teams...

Edited by glazeduck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.