Brandon Marshall: "If I could play right now, I'd play for the Bills"

Draconator

18 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Le Batard is awesome in that video too. Felt like an old school Dan Le Batard Show interview. I was living down in Ft Lauderdale from early 2012-2020 and got to listen to the show before they went to espn. 

They did their silly stuff, but more it was very much an inside joke that once you listened enough you would get and you realize it was all a gag and they were mocking the establishment to their faces without them realizing how foolish they were being made to look by the show. It was subversive and smart and really quite sneaky edgy. 

Coolest thing was he would do interviews like this, literally 40 minutes long straight on the radio where they really dug into things and just let it flow where it flowed, and then have pretty much 20 minutes of commercials with a two minute segment to catch up on the ads. 

When they went to ESPN, they tried really hard to avoid it, but the show changed. Not because it got political, they always talked social issues, but because of the fixed segment times. Dan is all about nuance, and understanding points of view and not shutting down a conversation because he doesn’t agree, he genuinely seems like he wants to understand perspectives and have everyone grow. He gets people to be honest with his interview style, and then explores. 

Just couldn’t be done on espn unfortunately, and he could only be so subversive. I like their new show, but kind of feel like it’s become a bit too many people involved and they all need space.

Anyway, long way of me saying that interview is good and people should give it an open minded listen even if they had a negative opinion of him from his time at espn towards the end. 

I only know the the Le Batard show from ESPN here in Los Angeles.  I HATED that show.  I hated the voices. Nothing was funny, but they seemed to be trying endlessly, nothing interesting.  For the most part the interviews sucked.   I have no idea what it was before ESPN, but it was an abomination once it got there. It's the only sports radio show that has ever generated vitriol in me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark Long Beach said:

I only know the the Le Batard show from ESPN here in Los Angeles.  I HATED that show.  I hated the voices. Nothing was funny, but they seemed to be trying endlessly, nothing interesting.  For the most part the interviews sucked.   I have no idea what it was before ESPN, but it was an abomination once it got there. It's the only sports radio show that has ever generated vitriol in me.

I remember LeBatard's crap column from the 90's when the Dolphins could never beat the Bills when it mattered. He was an OG chode.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.