TNF- Steelers @ Browns

T&C

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's the problem in Pittsburgh

Trubisky? I don’t think he’s the biggest problem. He has a poor O-Line and receivers who can’t separate, struggle to catch or both. Not to mention an OC who seemed to stumble on the solution in the first half yesterday, only to return to his shell in the second.

5 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

That's your prerogative- this is the AFC's oldest series. Yeah the Steelers have pretty much dominated the thing since 1999 but it's way better than the NFC East overhyped rivalries you see on national TV all the time.

We're going to get one of those NFC East overhyped rivalries this weekend!   Dallas and Giants.

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Trubisky? I don’t think he’s the biggest problem. He has a poor O-Line and receivers who can’t separate, struggle to catch or both. Not to mention an OC who seemed to stumble on the solution in the first half yesterday, only to return to his shell in the second.

As other posters have noted, he runs away from clean pockets--O-line isn't below normal. He is exactly what he has always been...low mediocre.  He can't bring a so so team to any level higher.  Can't keep blaming the OC every week for not unleashing the Trubisky...

The team is scoring 18 per--that keeps them close against other low scoring teams like the Bengals, NE and Jets.  Coming up they have Bills, Dolphins, Eagles (all top 5).  He leads an Offense that can't score points.

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I watched for the second week in a row through an "alternative online method" which was riddled with technical problems throughout the second half.  The stream would just randomly jump back in time out of nowhere, then jump forward again, then go back, and it would cut away from live action often just when you wanted to see what would happen in the next second or two.

It was almost enough for me to just turn it off, but it was a pretty solid, close game throughout.

Anyone else run into this problem?

I'm right on the edge of just skipping TNF for the season.  Al Michaels REALLY helps to make me want to watch.

Both look like they will be miss the postseason by a game or 2 or 3.

I have watched some games that way...sometimes have issues finding a feed that is working but once I do it is usually pretty smooth sailing. I have Prime, so I was actually watching on my phone while the wife was watching a movie and then once she went to bed at the half I switched to the TV.   

All  can say is I am so happy we don't look like either one of those two teams anymore...that was 17 years worth of disgusting football for the most part.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

As other posters have noted, he runs away from clean pockets--O-line isn't below normal. He is exactly what he has always been...low mediocre.  He can't bring a so so team to any level higher.  Can't keep blaming the OC every week for not unleashing the Trubisky...

The team is scoring 18 per--that keeps them close against other low scoring teams like the Bengals, NE and Jets.  Coming up they have Bills, Dolphins, Eagles (all top 5).  He leads an Offense that can't score points.

I think the oline is average to maybe a bit below average but it isn't a complete disaster by any means. No idea why Mitch keeps running away from the pocket. 

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wonder if the Steelers would part with Claypool for a mid-round pick.  They’ve got a glut of receivers of similar talent/profile.  I would LOVE him in this offense.

Claypool is about as self centered as they come.  He's an idiot.  Immensely talented, but to me, not worth the extra that comes with it.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He's a bum, that's why.

Well there is that. I think their plan is to keep him in there as the sacrificial lamb until the bye. Their schedule definitely lightens up down the stretch so give Pickett the 9 games after the bye and hope he looks good and you go into next year with a bit of confidence and momentum. I don't think that is the worst plan myself but if they suddenly panic and throw Kenny in earlier then they should have just started him all along.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

After watching last night game looks like both the Browns and Steelers aren't going very far this year.

Bengals I think will get better as the season goes on but I'd still bet on the Ravens winning the AFCN and Bills get them next week in another big road game.

Can't explain it, but the Steelers D looked like they were playing in mud. Just uninspired, with a lot of sloppy tackling, and a step too slow. Which is weird for a Tomlin coached team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.