Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

Some of you seem to have forgotten the original question which was referring to people who stand THE ENTIRE GAME.  Nobody is saying you have to be seated for 3 hours straight.  

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Huh.  Sorry I don’t understand. What does this have to do with a no sranding section?

Nothing-read my reply above

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Okay, this is your truth and that's fine.  You take the longer and more cerebral approach.  Just watch from home if it bothers you too much.  But those annoying fans also set a louder, more fun atmosphere IMO.  I'd rather have those than the fans who sit on their hands the entire game only cheering for touchdowns or those 4-5 plays.

I'm mostly talking about watching with people at home. Had a roommate that was a huge fan of a college team, and would literally yell "oh come on, what the $*&@ was that you gotta be kidding me!!!" on every play that wasn't positive.

I'm not saying don't cheer good plays at a football game, I'm saying don't react the same way on every play.

Also, as far as thinking you can do whatever in public and if others around you don't like it they can just go somewhere else. Part of being in public and in a social situation is caring and understanding if those around you are having fun as well, and if your actions are contributing from that or taking it away.

Just because something is fun for you and the group of multiple polo shirt wearing crew you showed up with, doesn't mean you're making it fun for those around you. Now that of course applies to everyone, but everyone includes you too.

Life is about dynamics and changing pace. Just because someone likes to jackhammer away in certain situations, doesn't mean everyone is getting something positive out of it and the fact that one person is getting enjoyment doesn't make up for the negative the other person is experiencing. It's always a good idea to ask if it is good for them to, and then make changes, because there is probably a middle ground.

Of course if you're unwilling to change and just want to keep jackhammering away and pretend your some gift from the heavens as a result of how awesome it is for you when others around you tell you otherwise, well as the person unwilling to compromise,  you're always welcome to leave.

Btw, not talking about you personally when I say you, more of a general stand in I have for people who exhibit a certain form of behavior, which I have no idea if you personally do that or not...you may never have even wore multiple collars for all I know :), other than as a joke on halloween of course.

All in fun btw, this post is half genuine and mostly tongue in cheek.

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

You don't sit at an effing rock concert. Especially a band like The Who. That's just weird. It's not a recital. 

Many fans who grew up with The Who are now mostly in their mid-60’s and up. Sorry,  standing for 3 hours is not an option for a lot of us who have replacement joints, arthritis, chronic injuries from athletics or military service. 

I hope the new stadium will have some of those standing-only sections that a lot of new facility have.  I guess it’s very appealing and communal. Great.  Some of us still want (or need) to sit. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Very few of the people who are standing on the sideline portions of the stands in the lower bowl are yelling loudly.   That's the closest to the field and generally most impactful noise area aside from goal line plays.    I'd say a good 50% are totally silent in the lead up to the opposing offensive snap.    That's how few people it actually takes to make quite a bit of noise.......and it's why 6,000 mostly active fans were able to be sonically disruptive in the divisional playoff game against Baltimore.   So I can't really buy the whole "I can be louder standing" argument.     

Your points are well taken but its just a fact that you can be louder standing. Its how humans were built.That was my only point. And that should be the reason folks would be standing if at all (I agree that many just stand there silently even when we're on defense:) ) I am totally with the whole being conscious and respectful to those around you thing! Always. As a general rule, we just sit on O and stand on D. That's all.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, nucci said:

you don't have to stand to be able to cheer loudly 

Ok, but I often like to be able to jump up and down while I'm cheering loudly.  Plus I can high five more people while standing.

56 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Well. It is obvious that you are a lousy judge of character, and subscribe to the culture of 'Selfish'.

Ok.  What I see is you whining everyone should sit and cheer as you see fit.  

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I'm mostly talking about watching with people at home. Had a roommate that was a huge fan of a college team, and would literally yell "oh come on, what the $*&@ was that you gotta be kidding me!!!" on every play that wasn't positive.

I'm not saying don't cheer good plays at a football game, I'm saying don't react the same way on every play.

Also, as far as thinking you can do whatever in public and if others around you don't like it they can just go somewhere else. Part of being in public and in a social situation is caring and understanding if those around you are having fun as well, and if your actions are contributing from that or taking it away.

Just because something is fun for you and the group of multiple polo shirt wearing crew you showed up with, doesn't mean you're making it fun for those around you. Now that of course applies to everyone, but everyone includes you too.

Life is about dynamics and changing pace. Just because someone likes to jackhammer away in certain situations, doesn't mean everyone is getting something positive out of it and the fact that one person is getting enjoyment doesn't make up for the negative the other person is experiencing. It's always a good idea to ask if it is good for them to, and then make changes, because there is probably a middle ground.

Of course if you're unwilling to change and just want to keep jackhammering away and pretend your some gift from the heavens as a result of how awesome it is for you when others around you tell you otherwise, well as the person unwilling to compromise,  you're always welcome to leave.

Btw, not talking about you personally when I say you, more of a general stand in I have for people who exhibit a certain form of behavior, which I have no idea if you personally do that or not...you may never have even wore multiple collars for all I know :), other than as a joke on halloween of course.

All in fun btw, this post is half genuine and mostly tongue in cheek.

Haha, well go to the bar or stadium then!  Yah, it's hard watching at a home with people like that.  Rooting for the other team is always a great option if it's not the Bills!😂

Just to be clear, I don't advocate doing whatever in public.  I stay standing if everyone around me is standing and sit down when everyone else is sitting.  As long as I can see, I am very conscious not to block the view of those behind me.  But if everyone stands, then so be it.  I also feel that fandom has evolved to more people standing longer at games.  And I understand that's frustrating to those who want to and even have to sit, well instead of blaming others, change your situation to your liking.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

One of the crowning achievements of my life is convincing everyone in the small section of 115 that if we all sat down, no one had to stand. It lasted for almost half a quarter. Probably helped that it was the start of the 3rd and everyone probably just ate or got their beer. The moral victory and rest to my knees kept me going the rest of the game. 

overwatch i salute you GIF by CORSAIR

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Don’t disabled people have their own section? My cousin is disabled and used to go to games she gets her own spot away from anyone standing. 

They do but older folks who cant stand whole game and those with kids are not going to sit in those seats... so its a tough thing.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm intrigued. Is this a socio-economic/demographic/cultural issue of older, wealthier fans or corporate guests or otherwise "tamer" attendees occupying those expensive seats? I've definitely noticed the corners and end zones historically being the best with respect to volume and energy, but on Monday night nearly the entire stadium felt and sounded ENGAGED in the home field cheering process. Those decibels (105/106 on the scoreboard) were impressive for such an "open" structure.  

I do think that the premium seats obviously draw a less rowdy and drunken crowd but there are lot's of young people there on the family tickets and it's hit and miss whether they are making any noise at all as well.   Standing yes.......but a lotta' silent, blank stares even on big 3rd and 4th downs.    Some people just can't produce in the moment,  whether it's nerves or lack of intensity/investment in the game.  

I think this is the case everywhere..........even in a place like Seattle.   It really doesn't take a majority of the crowd to be making noise for the crowd to be very loud.........but it would be nice.

I can't understand why the crowd gets rowdier/louder per capita when there are less people there...........whether it's because only the more invested fans tend to be there in those situations or whatever........but it's a reality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Do any of you stand up all game at home for the games you watch on TV?  I like to stand for big plays or when something big happens.  But all game, heck no.

I can verify, people do stand the entire game. Non stop, 3 hours

Edited by HOUSE
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Do any of you stand up all game at home for the games you watch on TV?  I like to stand for big plays or when something big happens.  But all game, heck no.

Yes I do.  In my living room, or my basement, or my friends house, or the bar.  Standing cheering.  Trying real hard not to yell at the tv for my wife and kids sake lol.

As others mentioned the end zones stand and thats where my seasons were when I had them.  That was pn purpose so that I could stand.

For me a Bills game is a celebration and I dont sit at a party.

8 minutes ago, dakrider said:

On a normal week no, I'm only standing for big downs or big plays. But I was on my feet for almost all of Bills/Chiefs. I do a lot of pacing.

The first Bills home game I ever attended, the guy behind me tried to fight me because I stood up & cheered when we finally made a big play...

At first I thought he was kidding, but no, he legit started yelling at me for jumping up after a long Marshawn Lynch run (we were playing the 49ers in crappy weather, losing 10-3). 

We already had barely anything to cheer for, I was just excited to be watching the Bills IN BUFFALO for the first time, but nope, me standing up for a handful of good plays made another Bills fan pick a fight with me 😡

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.