Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been to SF Giants baseball games & you can't even return to your seat and obstruct the other fans views going back to your seat when a player is at bat.  They have no problem enforcing it.  

So they have an area where even during a big play(home run, etc…), there is mo standing allowed?

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I'm guessing you are in a lot of situations where you think you are being funny while in reality people find it annoying?  

Nope just happens on the internet  when people attack someone for no reason other than it isn't what they agree with. I was half joking in the post but when people want to act like children I will respond accordingly. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Nope just happens on the internet  when people attack someone for no reason other than it isn't what they agree with. I was half joking in the response but when people want to act like children I will respond accordingly. 

I deleted my post but it must not have been quick enough.  It was a bit uncalled for as a personal attack.  On the other hand, jokes are supposed to be funny.  Maybe that's where the disconnect is with your posts?

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I deleted my post but it must not have been quick enough.  It was a bit uncalled for as a personal attack.  On the other hand, jokes are supposed to be funny.  Maybe that's where the disconnect is with your posts?

Not really just the internet being the internet. Time to move on this thread has been beat to death anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't mind because I think it makes the place loud, rather to be loud people stand. Think about your kids sporting event, watching the game at home, etc. Even hockey, if a guy is Offside, there is a cross check, you generally stand, yell, point, etc. If you go to yell your natural reaction is to stand. You rarely scream at anything seated. If you are screaming every 30 seconds once the opposing QB gets behind center, you aren't going to sit down between plays. The same with a high powered offense. Big play? Stand, clap, yell!

In 2022, the visual product for the NFL is much better at home. Stadiums are for the experience. To have fun. To be apart of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

How does standing 'help with that'?

Yes, it's difficult when you refuse to understand that people have their own truths.

I was at a handful of Bills games, University of Michigan and MSU games during the 90's.  There was significant periods of standing at all of them depending on the section.  Including entire games.

Is long term standing more prevalent today?  I think so.  I certainly stand for big plays and won't stand for long if everyone in front/around me is sitting, but I understand many feel more engaged in the game by doing it and have certainly felt that way also at times.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I'm more than happy to stand the entire game if that's what everyone else in the section is doing.  

To me, that means I'm sitting in an area with people who are really into the game like I am, instead of a bunch of twenty-somethings on their phones or old farts who don't even cheer or get excited when we score.

That's part of the whole experience that I thoroughly enjoy.  I don't need to be drunk, or even half-lit.  But I want to be around people who are actively living and dying with every play, who want to get fired up and enjoy it the same way that I do.

I recognize that there are others who don't have the same opinions, and for them, I hope they find seats that suit their style

We didn't sit the entire playoff game against NE, nor did anyone else in our section.  It was a blast, and I wouldn't have it any other way

I cannot stand watching football with people who live and die with every play in a football game. They are quite possibly the most annoying people ever.

Football is a game of cat and mouse and setting up things for later in the game. Plus, the nfl comes down to typically 4 or 5 plays in a game...the run for two yards on 2nd and 7 in the first quarter that people are complaining about loudly and angrily is not one of those plays.

If I'm misunderstanding live and die as you meaning paying attention to every play, that's great, but having a loud vocal visceral reaction to every unsuccessful play...it's insufferable and my guess is a lot of people who do that at some point in their lives wore multiple collard shirts at the same time...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I cannot stand watching football with people who live and die with every play in a football game. They are quite possibly the most annoying people ever.

Football is a game of cat and mouse and setting up things for later in the game. Plus, the nfl comes down to typically 4 or 5 plays in a game...the run for two yards on 2nd and 7 in the first quarter that people are complaining about loudly and angrily is not one of those plays.

If I'm misunderstanding live and die as you meaning paying attention to every play, that's great, but having a loud vocal visceral reaction to every unsuccessful play...it's insufferable and my guess is a lot of people who do that at some point in their lives wore multiple collard shirts at the same time...

Okay, this is your truth and that's fine.  You take the longer and more cerebral approach.  Just watch from home if it bothers you too much.  But those annoying fans also set a louder, more fun atmosphere IMO.  I'd rather have those than the fans who sit on their hands the entire game only cheering for touchdowns or those 4-5 plays.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Okay, this is your truth and that's fine.  You take the longer and more cerebral approach.  Just watch from home if it bothers you too much.  But those annoying fans also set a louder, more fun atmosphere IMO.  I'd rather have those than the fans who sit on their hands the entire game only cheering for touchdowns or those 4-5 plays.

you don't have to stand to be able to cheer loudly 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Standing during a big game is to be expected... I get it... but older folks and disabled,  I get have a hard time seeing the game if everyone in front is standing and they for whatever reason cant... not sure the answer other than enough handicap seating... but you gotta expect at a big game people are going to stand so plan accordingly.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the crowning achievements of my life is convincing everyone in the small section of 115 that if we all sat down, no one had to stand. It lasted for almost half a quarter. Probably helped that it was the start of the 3rd and everyone probably just ate or got their beer. The moral victory and rest to my knees kept me going the rest of the game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Standing during a big game is to be expected... I get it... but older folks and disabled,  I get have a hard time seeing the game if everyone in front is standing and they for whatever reason cant... not sure the answer other than enough handicap seating... but you gotta expect at a big game people are going to stand so plan accordingly.

The answer is to be a decent person and not stand in front of those people.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Don’t disabled people have their own section? My cousin is disabled and used to go to games she gets her own spot away from anyone standing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.