Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Your tone is that of a narcissist. 

It's clear you're not the least but sympathetic to those who enjoy the live experience, but for a multitude of reasons may be unable to stand for long periods, or simply aren't tall enough to see over you with your G.D. chicken wing or Flintstones Water Buffalo head gear.  But, hey, as long as it suits you and you get noticed by the TV cameras.....screw everyone else, right?

The Buffalo Bills organization wants all their fans to be able to enjoy games in their home stadium. They've worked tirelessly to create a family atmosphere.

The ages of fans span from toddlers to people who are elderly and have supported their team since the 60's.

Let's put a face to it. Here's your measuring stick:

If 97-year-old Marv Levy was seated behind you and it was evident that up-and-down (mostly up) was a strain and took away from his enjoyment, would you still take the position that he should just move to "a different seat or stay home"?

97 year old Marv Levy would have better seats than that. 

You sound like an angry karen.

Edited by TBBills
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

97 year old Marv Levy would have better seats than that. 

You sound like an angry karen.

It's clear you believe the world revolves around you and you have little regard for anyone else.  Sorry that the Marv hypothetical went right over your head.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

I actually think we're on the same page.  I get that we have to take pisses.  Can't help that!  A few years ago, I attended a Bills/Pats game in Buffalo.  Multiple Pats fans were in and out of their seats for the entire game and I missed seeing action because of it.  Those are the people I'm talking about.

My pet peeve is people leaving or returning to their seats during live play. Went to a Rangers (hockey) game last year and the ushers didn't let fans back to their seats until there was a stoppage in play. At one point coming back from a pee break/beer purchase  I had to wait a freaking long time for a whistle. I had no problem waiting - timed my next break/purchase better.

Its a thing now. These punk ass kids love to do things to piss people off and get a reaction out of them. Its all over tiktok now. Unless security is telling them to sit down, they are likely to stand and wait for someone to yell at them and get pure enjoyment out of it. Along with the ridiculous ticket prices, its just another reason to stay home these days. No ignorant pricks are in my living room. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Its a thing now. These punk ass kids love to do things to piss people off and get a reaction out of them. Its all over tiktok now. Unless security is telling them to sit down, they are likely to stand and wait for someone to yell at them and get pure enjoyment out of it. Along with the ridiculous ticket prices, its just another reason to stay home these days. No ignorant pricks are in my living room. 😁

I was at a Joan Jett concert earlier this year.  As you can imagine, the average age of the crowd was around 50.  Late in the show, the band did an acoustic set.  Just about everyone in the crowd sat down ... except this one dude two rows in front of me.  He was right in my line of sight.  He was younger ...20s.  I finally went up to him and politely asked if he wouldn't mind sitting down, as everyone behind him was sitting.  He looked at me and said, "I'll think about it."  I just returned to my seat without saying anything else to him.  After a few minutes, he sat down.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

On this note, I always pay attention to my surroundings - specifically those behind me.  I do this at concerts and sporting events.

There are times when everyone in front of me is standing and I have no choice but to stand in order to see the action.  If people are sitting behind me, I simply apologize and explain.

This ^ Same for me Gug.

15 minutes ago, corta765 said:

100 level no problem as it frankly is easier to see the game standing. 300 level yes, for big plays or 3rd downs etc.. no issue but the entire game is overkill with how it is setup.

Agreed here.

I dont necessarily like standing the entire game. I'd prefer to be able to sit down here and there over the 3 hours without missing any action. But I also understand if my tickets are in the 100s, it is something I'll have to deal with, and have never complained about it.

It did piss me off the couple times I've sat in the 300s and had to stand all game just because the people in the front row wanted to. No need to stand from way up there.

If I really wanted to be able to sit the entire game, and it was something I was actively worried about, I'd buy club tickets to be sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I stand the entire game (we are in the back row).

I prefer standing.  I stand at all my kids' hockey and baseball practices.  Concerts, I stand.  I stand the entire tailgate.  I dont know.  Maybe nervous energy.  Maybe sitting 95% of the time at work?

But I get why standing is offputting to some others (if not a barrier to entry).  

I do feel like I am more 'into' the game standing than I would be if I were seated.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My seasons are in section 132 row 35. Everyone in front of me stands the entire game. Personally, I don't care either way, I'd stand or sit during plays but have no intention of missing the play because the person in front is standing. Therefore, I stand for all plays, sit mostly during commercials and sometimes between plays. I haven't been to a concert in a while, but it always bothered me if people behind me are yelling "sit down in front" and those in front of me are standing. I normally could go either way there also, but hate that I have to choose between not seeing or forcing those behind me to have to make the same decision.

26 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed here.

I dont necessarily like standing the entire game. I'd prefer to be able to sit down here and there over the 3 hours without missing any action. But I also understand if my tickets are in the 100s, it is something I'll have to deal with, and have never complained about it.

It did piss me off the couple times I've sat in the 300s and had to stand all game just because the people in the front row wanted to. No need to stand from way up there.

If I really wanted to be able to sit the entire game, and it was something I was actively worried about, I'd buy club tickets to be sure.

To me it literally is how the stadium is setup. I've sat pretty much every area and the 100s are designed where if you stand people can potentially sit and see. 200s and 300s especially are wayyyy steeper where I don't even really want to stand plus I don't want to block people. The 100s also I have noticed people wont stand at times also at quieter times so I haven't found it to be an issue.

Just now, corta765 said:

To me it literally is how the stadium is setup. I've sat pretty much every area and the 100s are designed where if you stand people can potentially sit and see. 200s and 300s especially are wayyyy steeper where I don't even really want to stand plus I don't want to block people. The 100s also I have noticed people wont stand at times also at quieter times so I haven't found it to be an issue.

wouldn’t it be the opposite?  The steeper the section, the more likely one could remain seated and still see the field if the person in front of them is standing.

• Like (+1) 2

I have a 7 year old that won't be able to see.  So I will get first row tickets because of it.  They're much more expensive but the experience he gets is worth it.  

When I go without him, I will sit at timeouts, change of possession or other clock stoppage.  I'll stand when the players get to the line.

It's a game so I understand people want to stand so I won't complain.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wouldn’t it be the opposite?  The steeper the section, the more likely one could remain seated and still see the field if the person in front of them is standing.

There is more space inbetween seats 100 to 300 and idk about you but standing in the 300 in steeper area gives me some nerves haha. either way it def is a divisive thing and I get peoples support in both ways

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.