Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?

HOUSE

If the people in front of me are standing, you better believe I'm standing so I can see. I'm not sitting down and missing the game just so the people a row or two behind me can see while seated. I've had people in my section complain to me standing when the people in front of me are standing, and it blows my mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe they are. I’ve never had seats in that section. 

I think they might be the section right next to it now that I think about it.  

The only reason I know that is because my boss came back with a beer and the usher told him it was the family section so he got up went across the aisle, chugged the beer and came back to his seat. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Simple question, go for it !

It's rude. More so depending who's behind you. If it's a kid or a very short woman or someone who has physical problems with standing up (and you often simply don't know about that) you're basically destroying the value of that person's ticket.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Bottom line…you can be loud when sitting, but if you want to use this to justify standing, yes, I will continue to…

😂😂😂😂

Very few of the people who are standing on the sideline portions of the stands in the lower bowl are yelling loudly.   That's the closest to the field and generally most impactful noise area aside from goal line plays.    I'd say a good 50% are totally silent in the lead up to the opposing offensive snap.    That's how few people it actually takes to make quite a bit of noise.......and it's why 6,000 mostly active fans were able to be sonically disruptive in the divisional playoff game against Baltimore.   So I can't really buy the whole "I can be louder standing" argument.     

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Very few of the people who are standing on the sideline portions of the stands in the lower bowl are yelling loudly.   That's the closest to the field and generally most impactful noise area aside from goal line plays.    I'd say a good 50% are totally silent in the lead up to the opposing offensive snap.    That's how few people it actually takes to make quite a bit of noise.......and it's why 6,000 mostly active fans were able to be sonically disruptive in the divisional playoff game against Baltimore.   So I can't really buy the whole "I can be louder standing" argument.     

I'm intrigued. Is this a socio-economic/demographic/cultural issue of older, wealthier fans or corporate guests or otherwise "tamer" attendees occupying those expensive seats? I've definitely noticed the corners and end zones historically being the best with respect to volume and energy, but on Monday night nearly the entire stadium felt and sounded ENGAGED in the home field cheering process. Those decibels (105/106 on the scoreboard) were impressive for such an "open" structure.  

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.886e73b6116ff02263b0d33d35b10bfc.png

Ralph regulars can’t stand fans who won’t sit down

Sit, stand. Sit, stand. Sit, stand.

That seems to be the routine for thousands of Buffalo Bills fans at every home game: Having to stand up for much, or all, of a three-hour-plus football game. Or, bouncing up and down some 30 to 40 times a game, just to see the action on the field.

The problem is that once even a few fans stand, virtually everyone behind them has to do the same.

And some fans aren’t happy about it.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/ralph-regulars-can-t-stand-fans-who-won-t-sit-down/article_20822a36-435b-5976-b6b7-a2897f816499.html

This from 2015 lol not much has changed~

2 hours ago, junior said:

If the people in front of me are standing, you better believe I'm standing so I can see. I'm not sitting down and missing the game just so the people a row or two behind me can see while seated. I've had people in my section complain to me standing when the people in front of me are standing, and it blows my mind.

Yeah i see that. If people in front of you stand than it doesnt matter if you stay seated or not the people behind you may likely still be blocked.

Frankly if its any ones fault its the organizations -- couldnt they make a ticket section where fans are required to stay seated (within that section) and the atmosphere overall would be a little more calm / subdued? I mean how hard would that be? Than folks would at least have that as an option.

Getting mad at the other fans either seated or standing seems like a no win situation because you cant change their behavior or control it 

I tell you one damn thing -- if someone gives me attitude at a game we throwing fists. Now i aint trying to get ejected for whoopin on no cripples but I spent good money to be where I am same as you or anyone and aint nobody gonna piss on my parade.

Lol. All joking aside, I am a kind and courteous person and there is little chance I would intentionally block the view of others behind me.

I think the atmosphere during big games (as many mentioned baltimore / New England playoffs etc) is 110% more energetic and electric and I would just -know- going into those types of games that it is probably a standing room only type of situation.

For normal games I think its common place to sit and stand sit and stand sit and stand.

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Imagine wanting to sit at a Who concert!

It’s a simple matter of courtesy.
Stadium seating is arranged so everyone has a line of sight to the performance. The person who refuses to sit for the entire event has no consideration for the people behind them who may be several inches shorter or are unable to stand for extended periods because of physical limitations. 
I wonder if the same people who are so amped up that they can’t sit, stand the entire time when they’re at home watching a game or concert. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just read the room.  If you’re the only one standing, don’t block the people behind you.  If you’re the only one sitting, don’t be a grumpy old man and complain. 

At the game on Monday, my section stood for most of the game and I was fine with it.  At other games, only when we were on defense and trying to force a punt. 

Read the room, don’t try to be an outlier, and don’t be angry when others are enjoying themselves.  (Unless they are obnoxiously drunk)

• Agree 2

Anyone that can't stand for an entire game either needs to get different seat or just not even go to the game.

Went to a Patriots game and people would try to get you kicked out of a game if you were standing when they had the offense on the field. DONT ACT LIKE A PATRIOTS FAN.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Standing the entire game is stupid. 

10 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Some people, suffer from 'Self Absorption'..

10 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

..And that doesn't make it O.K.

10 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Nope I stand the entire game. Good workout and more involved crowd 

Check out the negative emojis on all but Awwulfelloff -check his 👍 emogis. Here, ladies and Gentlemen are your culprits.

#EXPOSED

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Anyone that can't stand for an entire game either needs to get different seat or just not even go to the game.

Went to a Patriots game and people would try to get you kicked out of a game if you were standing when they had the offense on the field. DONT ACT LIKE A PATRIOTS FAN.

Your tone is that of a narcissist. 

It's clear you're not the least but sympathetic to those who enjoy the live experience, but for a multitude of reasons may be unable to stand for long periods, or simply aren't tall enough to see over you with your G.D. chicken wing or Flintstones Water Buffalo head gear.  But, hey, as long as it suits you and you get noticed by the TV cameras.....screw everyone else, right?

The Buffalo Bills organization wants all their fans to be able to enjoy games in their home stadium. They've worked tirelessly to create a family atmosphere.

The ages of fans span from toddlers to people who are elderly and have supported their team since the 60's.

Let's put a face to it. Here's your measuring stick:

If 97-year-old Marv Levy was seated behind you and it was evident that up-and-down (mostly up) was a strain and took away from his enjoyment, would you still take the position that he should just move to "a different seat or stay home"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Don’t like it.  Went with my Dad last year who has had several hip replacement surgeries.  Was not comfortable for him.

I took breaks and sat down once in awhile.  Was watching the game on the big screen wondering at times, why am I here.

With MLB, NHL and NBA, spectators get to sit down.  Why is that?

Same with my dad and the reason he doesn't go to games anymore.  Always wondered if they could have a "no standing" section.

6 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

People ho stand for the whole game are usually wasted and don't understand football.

Leave Rex Ryan out of this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.