Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If I bought beers for the idiots in front of us that I referred to earlier they probably would have chugged it and gave us the finger - or passed out before they finished - which in hindsight might have been a good strategy 😛

I know it was a calculated gamble.  In that scenario it worked, but I was fully aware it was a 50/50 ratio.  Some of these guys you just can’t talk to.  BTW the cute little old ladies grabbed my forearm  walking back to my boy and thanked me.  For me the $15 was nothing if they’d censor themselves.  I’m just not wanting to pick fights at this point.  It’s like idiots I cessantly taking in a movie.  Better to just simply chg seats.

Again though, you’re right and 100%.

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know it was a calculated gamble.  In that scenario it worked, but I was fully aware it was a 50/50 ratio.  Some of these guys you just can’t talk to.  BTW the cute little old ladies grabbed my forearm  walking back to my boy and thanked me.  For me the $15 was nothing if they’d censor themselves.  I’m just not wanting to pick fights at this point.  It’s like idiots I cessantly taking in a movie.  Better to just simply chg seats.

Again though, you’re right and 100%.

I'm pretty sure you commented on where you were sitting at the time earlier in this thread but can't remember so I apologize if this doesn't apply.

I have pretty much religiously said I will not go to a game unless I am sitting down in the 100 level that aren't in the endzone seats because the 300 level you get all sorts of everything and the end zone 100 seats are the best cheap seats you can get.

I'd rather pay the extra money to be in an area that I at least think will be enjoyable regardless of the game.

Case and point, I won tickets to a game and the tickets were in the rock pile (think this was in 2000/2001).  Couldn't have been a lesser amount of class than I have ever seen both bills and the other teams fans (the team we played escapes me now).  We were winning the game at the time and a bills fan threw his beer at the other teams fan for no reason.  Right next to him was a bills fan that got covered in beer (splashed down 2 rows on to me and my gf).  The bills fan covered in beer went up and punched the guy right in the face and walked away.  He proceeded to get his friends and come down and start a fight with both of them.  We left the game at that point because everyone was starting to get on edge.

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

There is, down in the scoreboard end zone.  

They don't allow alcohol in those section but doesn't mean you can't drink at the tailgate or in the tunnel/concourse.  I've seen plenty of trashed people in those sections.

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I prefer to stand...seats aren't the most comfortable and not always wide enough.

IMO, people who buy a ticket have a right to stand just as much as those who have a right to sit

Good point. Am I the only one who misses the bench seats? Always enough room in those. 

9 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I prefer to stand...seats aren't the most comfortable and not always wide enough.

IMO, people who buy a ticket have a right to stand just as much as those who have a right to sit

Do you care at all about your fellow Bills fans sitting behind you?

Just curious  ..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I've never seen someone that didn't fit in a seat elect to stand instead of sit.

Gimme that option on an airplane and I'd be happy to stand so someone else's fat isn't sweating on me for 5 hours.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

For the 2022 Bills, I have no problem with standing the entire game.  Might as well….this team creates stand worthy plays just about every minute.

i find standing much more comfortable-  stadium seats are terrible for backs.  I’d rather just stand and dance 🕺 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

If someone decides to stand, the people behind them no longer have the option to sit. There is no “right” to stand all game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For the 2022 Bills, I have no problem with standing the entire game.  Might as well….this team creates stand worthy plays just about every minute.

i find standing much more comfortable-  stadium seats are terrible for backs.  I’d rather just stand and dance 🕺 

Standing on concrete is worse for your back than being uncomfortable for a few hours in a plastic seat that has give.   

That's partly why the metal bench seats were done away with. The more give they have, they better they are for you to conform to. 

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

OH, YES.

Everyone stands for big plays, but it is idiotic to stand otherwise, when you can see perfectly fine, from your seat. The team is not going to play better, and all that THESE PEOPLE accomplish, is that they obstruct the view, of the fans behind them.

There used to be such a thing, as 'Being Considerate Of Others'.

As much as I love being in that stadium to see my Bills, this is one of the issues that has kept me from going in recent years. We see that amazing crowd on TV and my wife says how much she wants to go again, but standing barely 5 ft tall, she’d be stuck watching the Jumbotron for most of the game. 
    I went to see The Who at the hockey Arena in Atlanta (22 years ago this week).  Some damn yankee I’d met through a Bills’ message board had come down from upstate NY with his yankee attitude and was sitting next to me. He almost got into it at the concert with some guys in front of us who wouldn’t sit.  I wonder whatever happened to him. Probably got his yankee arse kicked eventually. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

…And yes by the way, it does make a difference when standing up if you're going to be screaming your head off trying to help get the opposing offense to false start or have trouble hearing audibles. Why?, because the diaphragm and lung expansion and your ability to project vocally increases when standing. This is why choir singers typically stand and musical stage performers (which I do on weekends) who sing typically stand. Its just science. Folks can look it up if they like. (someone laughed at that point earlier but its true)

There are zero reasons to stand up while your team is on offense outside of quick celebrations.

"The standing position also assists in good singing technique. Breathing from your diaphragm rather than from your chest will maximize the amount of air you can get into your lungs. This in turn will let you get the maximum amount of power and strength from your voice, and to control it with minimum effort. Standing allows for full movement of the diaphragm, whereas sitting can squash it and restrict its movement."

https://www.smartrapper.com/is-it-better-to-sit-or-stand-while-recording-rap-vocals/ , https://coolcommunicator.com/how-to-project-your-voice/ , https://standdesk.co/blogs/news/how-standing-up-when-you-record-your-voice-improves-your-presence , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_projection ,

- Facts

Awesome!   😂

You are probably the same poster from last time this was discussed.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.