Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

34 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Simple question, go for it !

Let me guess, you couldn’t afford to make this a poll? 

It’s never affected me one way or another at a Bills game. In other venues (hoops, concerts, etc.), I’ve been irritated but never at a Bills game. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ahh, gee, sorry for hurting your feelings, because you don't give a rat's ass about who is sitting behind you.

You haven't hurt my feelings one bit.  I hope you enjoy spending half your energy at games getting frustrated anyone stands up in front of you

But if everyone else in your section is standing most of the game, and it's commonly accepted by 99% of the people in your are that that's OK, then you're probably more of the problem than the solution.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

10 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

For me, it is 5-10 minutes.

Are you in the club seats, as I recall??? Is that why? If I’m annoyed by something, I look for a way around it. Where do they not annoy me would be the question. In the Club section or in my family room would be the answer, I guess. 

Yes, but I guess that's part of the price of admission.  Personally, we only went to away games the last couple years because of it.  Nashville isn't too far away and a very comfortable place to see a game.  Unfortunately, Bills lost every game we've seen there including homerun throwback game

Edited by redtail hawk

Last year I went to the Commanders game with my buddy.  He is a STH and has seats 8 rows off field behind Bills bench. Front row stands to see over players and everyone else is forced to stand. For the kind of coin he is dropping for those seats, having no option but to stand seems ludicrous to me. 

Going to Steelers with him. Let’s see if last year was a one off experience.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I have a painful back condition. Some morons, think only of themselves

In no way are you “probably more of the problem than the solution”.  It’s an unfortunate condition. I’m sorry to hear that. Life happens to all of us, and we should try to be understanding. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have no problem with fans standing the entire game.

What I DO have a problem with are that fans who find 50 reasons to leave their seat during the game.  

I respectfully disagree.  I was at the game in LA with my dad, who is getting up there in years.  We paid a lot of money for the tickets.  While I am physically able to stand up for some or most of the game, he is not.  There was an obnoxious Rams fan who kept standing up throughout the early parts of the game and my Dad could not see the field.  I put up with it for a while and was going to eventually tell the guy to sit down, but Josh and the Bills took care of it for me. 

When I stand up at games, which I sometimes like to do during big moments, I always turn to see who is sitting behind me.  If I think it's going to be a problem for them (I'm a big, tall guy), I don't do it.  They paid for a ticket and are entitled to see the field.

I had a few beers before the game and a drink or two during the game.  That makes me have to urinate.  Unfortunately, our seats were in the middle of the section, so I had to get up to go to the men's room several times throughout the game, which means I had to leave my seat.  That said, I NEVER leave my seat during an active play.  It try to wait until a TV timeout, end of a quarter, etc.  I'm also very polite with plenty of please, thank you, and sorry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

image.png.886e73b6116ff02263b0d33d35b10bfc.png

Ralph regulars can’t stand fans who won’t sit down

Sit, stand. Sit, stand. Sit, stand.

That seems to be the routine for thousands of Buffalo Bills fans at every home game: Having to stand up for much, or all, of a three-hour-plus football game. Or, bouncing up and down some 30 to 40 times a game, just to see the action on the field.

The problem is that once even a few fans stand, virtually everyone behind them has to do the same.

And some fans aren’t happy about it.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/ralph-regulars-can-t-stand-fans-who-won-t-sit-down/article_20822a36-435b-5976-b6b7-a2897f816499.html

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I respectfully disagree.  I was at the game in LA with my dad, who is getting up there in years.  We paid a lot of money for the tickets.  While I am physically able to stand up for some or most of the game, he is not.  There was an obnoxious Rams fan who kept standing up throughout the early parts of the game and my Dad could not see the field.  I put up with it for a while and was going to eventually tell the guy to sit down, but Josh and the Bills took care of it for me. 

When I stand up at games, which I sometimes like to do during big moments, I always turn to see who is sitting behind me.  If I think it's going to be a problem for them (I'm a big, tall guy), I don't do it.  They paid for a ticket and are entitled to see the field.

I had a few beers before the game and a drink or two during the game.  That makes me have to urinate.  Unfortunately, our seats were in the middle of the section, so I had to get up to go to the men's room several times throughout the game, which means I had to leave my seat.  That said, I NEVER leave my seat during an active play.  It try to wait until a TV timeout, end of a quarter, etc.  I'm also very polite with plenty of please, thank you, and sorry.

Well, your big feet stepped on countless feet coming and going! :)

I kid, I kid. When you gotta go, you gotta go. I wish the secondary market made if easier to tell which seats were on or near the aisle. I would pay a premium for that. I don’t mind stepping out of the aisle to let people pass. I absolutely HATE being in the middle and….”excuse me, excuse me, sorry about this…..” 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, your big feet stepped on countless feet coming and going! :)

I kid, I kid. When you gotta go, you gotta go. I wish the secondary market made if easier to tell which seats were on or near the aisle. I would pay a premium for that. I don’t mind stepping out of the aisle to let people pass. I absolutely HATE being in the middle and….”excuse me, excuse me, sorry about this…..” 

Whenever I buy tickets for anything, I always try to buy on the asile.  I understand that I need to use the facilities several times during the game and don't want to make it more difficult for me or anyone else.  That said, aisle seats are not always available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.