Jump to content

Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Can you imagine how this board will implode if Hyde comes back and says he wants Eichel's surgery?

 

Depends what the CBA says. Do NFL players have the right to chose their treatment?

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Now I'm worried.

 

Tua could have a field day.

 

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that he's been really impressing this season.

 

He's not going to have a field day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Lost said:

 

 

Benford and Elam have already proven enough to be bonafide starters.  Damar hamlin looked decent in camp.  Poyer is most likely starting.  Only question marks to me are Siran Neal and or Cam Lewis stepping in as slot corner.   But we turned an undrafted FA in Levi Wallace into a decent starter in this league so I trust our coaching staff to get our backups up to speed.

I don’t know if I’m ready to state they are bonafide starters after two games.  Passing isn’t TN strength and the front 4 were just dominate against the Rams. Make no mistake Miami will challenge both of them and with Hyde out it adds another layer  of difficulty to the secondary.  
 

D is going to have to get pressure, tackle well eliminating YAC, not get beat deep consistently like Baltimore and not make self inflicted mistakes. Do that along with our offense putting points on the board in bunches and I still like our chances!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

 

I'd imagine it can only go one of two ways, one being, "You're too hurt to play, we can't clear you" and Hyde is like, "Nah man, I ain't that hurt" OR it's vice-versa and the team docs are saying, "Everything looks good" with Hyde saying, "Nah, something's wrong."

 

What about the doctor's evaluation from the hospital?  I would guess those "experts" had an input.

Has Hyde had other doctors (Bills affiliated or others) evaluate him Tuesday or Wednesday?

What if the Bills want him to get another opinion and Hyde concurs?

What about all the other scenarios we are not privy to?

 

It's a football player with a neck injury.  I doubt anything is black or white.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not worried as if I’m early 30’s and I had a neck injury it’s late for the course to get two to three opinions.

 

For me, I want Hyde for this year and next year so if he misses this week, the sky is not falling.  I like how J Jones and Hamlin have been developing.  It’s just problematic to have an aggregate of Tre, Dane and Hyde.  We still have Dr. Poyer and Taron.  Benford and Elam have at least had two games NFL experience.

 

The good news is it may be more, but I’ve only seen one blitz in two games so at least 7 back in zone.  That should help.

 

Having as others have mentioned we just need a powerhouse offensive play with Gabe, Knox, and everyone else back.  The last is if we get J Phillips, and Settle good to go, a pass rush is our friend.  They don’t have a good O Line.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

 

I'd imagine it can only go one of two ways, one being, "You're too hurt to play, we can't clear you" and Hyde is like, "Nah man, I ain't that hurt" OR it's vice-versa and the team docs are saying, "Everything looks good" with Hyde saying, "Nah, something's wrong."

There are dozens of possibilities.  Hyde has had neck problems for quite awhile.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m not worried as if I’m early 30’s and I had a neck injury it’s late for the course to get two to three opinions.

 

For me, I want Hyde for this year and next year so if he misses this week, the sky is not falling.  I like how J Jones and Hamlin have been developing.  It’s just problematic to have an aggregate of Tre, Dane and Hyde.  We still have Dr. Poyer and Taron.  Benford and Elam have at least had two games NFL experience.

 

The good news is it may be more, but I’ve only seen one blitz in two games so at least 7 back in zone.  That should help.

 

Having as others have mentioned we just need a powerhouse offensive play with Gabe, Knox, and everyone else back.  The last is if we get J Phillips, and Settle good to go, a pass rush is our friend.  They don’t have a good O Line.

 

Not sure on Settle but Phillips is highly unlikely.  Hammy's are a B word and its fresh on a short week.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Current injury situation is very concerning, but if there's any potential that Hyde is lost for the season it really changes things in terms of this defense for the rest of the season and feel this injury could be more significant than White's last year.

 

Have some potential talent behind Hyde but not a plug and play type of situation.

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Jaquan Johnson has been ready to go for more than a year.  I hate losing Hyde but Johnson is a good, smart player.

 

I like Johnson but he's just so slow.  Hyde is the center fielder, I don't see that skill set anywhere else on the roster.  My guess is that Poyer slides into Hyde's role and then Jaquan plays Poyer's role of being more in the box.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lost said:

 

 

Benford and Elam have already proven enough to be bonafide starters.  Damar hamlin looked decent in camp.  Poyer is most likely starting.  Only question marks to me are Siran Neal and or Cam Lewis stepping in as slot corner.   But we turned an undrafted FA in Levi Wallace into a decent starter in this league so I trust our coaching staff to get our backups up to speed.

 

Ja'quan Johnson will be starting not Hamlin if Hyde can't go.

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

I like Johnson but he's just so slow.  Hyde is the center fielder, I don't see that skill set anywhere else on the roster.  My guess is that Poyer slides into Hyde's role and then Jaquan plays Poyer's role of being more in the box.  

 

Yeah this is not the game where you want a 4.7 guy at safety

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Jaquan Johnson has been ready to go for more than a year.  I hate losing Hyde but Johnson is a good, smart player.

 

If Poyer is able to suit up and Hyde isn't, then Jaquan is more than capable to fill in for Hyde.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Looks to definitely be out for Sunday. Just hope he will be ok and can come back healthy after the bye. 

Against the best WR duo we will play this season 😡 

Ravens did ok with their rookie laden secondary before they imploded in the 4th. Our 2nd stringers are more disciplined and our coaching speaks for itself. It still will be their biggest challenge so far. Hope the front 7 can take over ease the burden.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

If Poyer is able to suit up and Hyde isn't, then Jaquan is more than capable to fill in for Hyde.

 

 

Agree. He looked really good in camp.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Another day, another piece of bad news. What the hell is going on between games this year.

 

Just gotta overcome it all...

 

Bills are seeing what it is like to be a normal NFL team for once with injuries...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hyde is the QB of the defense. Could see some breakdowns without him.

I wonder if a player ever gets a 2nd opinion when the team says you’re ok but you want to get your own doctors opinion?

 

People keep saying stuff like this... Hyde is the QB of the defense, Poyer is heart of the defense, Edmunds is another QB of the defense.. ok, cool.. All good players that were all on the field when we got ran over by power teams and thrown on by Mahomes.

 

This Defense is, and will be, defined by the Defensive Line.  There's a reason why Beane has been obsessive in addressing it.  It hides a whole bunch of flaws and is what matters in the Playoffs.  

 

 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

 

Just gotta overcome it all...

 

Bills are seeing what it is like to be a normal NFL team for once with injuries...

 

Fwiw, this is not normal

 

 

Edited by SCBills
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...