Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw this on Finheaven.  Its just pure speculation and don’t know who this guy is.

That guy is just playing the wishful thinking (he's a Fins fan) speculation game based on some other tweets he read.  Nothing to see here.

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

4. Jackson: encouraging to see him at practice, albeit just light jogging.  Would guess he is not going on IR, hopeful he can be back next week or for Steelers (his hometown team)

Great news on Jackson and about what I expected once we learned there wasn't any structural damage.  Probably just a lot of neck soreness and he should be ready to roll next week.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Nothing new...quick recap:

1. Coach declared out (during 10:30am interview with Sal): Hyde, Dane, Phillips

2. Pre practice press conference, Coach said (paraphrasing): all others will be on the field in some capacity.  He also said 2-3 players may be uncertain on status, even after today.  So sounds like gametime decision for a few.

3. Poyer: Coach said his foot injury happened during Titans game, has been getting more info throughout this week. Coach made it sound like Jordan might be a gametime decision, perhaps not 100% even if he plays.

4. Milano: should be full go

5. Hyde/Jackson: Coach was asked if any concern longterm/IR with these guys, and he "didn't want to get into it".  Jackson was then seen at practice (light stretching in red jersey- Matt Parrino twitter).

My guess from all this:

1. Offense: should have all guys back, Davis, Morse, Knox

2. Defense: think Ed, Poyer and Settle will be gametime decisions.  Hopefully all 3 can suit up

3. Hyde: mystery still, hopefully he's not a surprise IR tomorrow.  Think they will make a decision (hence 2nd opinion) on IR before this game, to create the roster spot

4. Jackson: encouraging to see him at practice, albeit just light jogging.  Would guess he is not going on IR, hopeful he can be back next week or for Steelers (his hometown team)

THANKS!  Great write up!

Bummer about Hyde, and I am not talking about even this game.  The moment he was seeking a 2nd opinion we knew that what ever news he got on his injury was not something he liked, meaning it probably meant some sort of sustained time missed, possibly even needed some sort of season ending surgery.  I really hope it ends up being relatively short term, not only because he such a good player, but just because this team feels on the verge of something special, and he has been a big part of getting to this point for a long time now.  I would be sick for him if something happened where he had to miss the rest of the season.

I agree on all your guesses too, that seems to be pretty spot on based on what we know.  I think Dane will return sometime between next week and the KC game, and probably against Balt or Pitt.  

I really hope Poyer can go, its gonna be tough being down our whole starting secondary plus Phillips up front who has been wreaking havoc this season.  

Speaking of Phillips, I am concerned about how long he might be out.  To be ruled out this soon on a hamstring injury is pretty significant.  That tells me its not a minor hammy issue, and these things can linger and take a while to heal.  So, it could lead to Phillips being out several weeks, but lets hope not.  

26 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Nothing new...quick recap:

1. Coach declared out (during 10:30am interview with Sal): Hyde, Dane, Phillips

2. Pre practice press conference, Coach said (paraphrasing): all others will be on the field in some capacity.  He also said 2-3 players may be uncertain on status, even after today.  So sounds like gametime decision for a few.

3. Poyer: Coach said his foot injury happened during Titans game, has been getting more info throughout this week. Coach made it sound like Jordan might be a gametime decision, perhaps not 100% even if he plays.

4. Milano: should be full go

5. Hyde/Jackson: Coach was asked if any concern longterm/IR with these guys, and he "didn't want to get into it".  Jackson was then seen at practice (light stretching in red jersey- Matt Parrino twitter).

My guess from all this:

1. Offense: should have all guys back, Davis, Morse, Knox

2. Defense: think Ed, Poyer and Settle will be gametime decisions.  Hopefully all 3 can suit up

3. Hyde: mystery still, hopefully he's not a surprise IR tomorrow.  Think they will make a decision (hence 2nd opinion) on IR before this game, to create the roster spot

Hyde was originally said to be "Day-to-Day" on Tues or Wed wasn't he?  Him also texting Poyer that he's okay makes me hopeful

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

That guy is just playing the wishful thinking (he's a Fins fan) speculation game based on some other tweets he read. 

More like ONE tweet (by an unverified person) that he's quoting as his source.  Okaaaaay...  :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

*I'M NOT A DOCTOR*

IMO the only reason you'd get a 2nd opinion is if:

a. Rehab vs. Surgery

b. Career-threatening injury.

We know that Hyde went to the hospital. Very conceivable that they did precautionary/exploratory scans/MRIs and something pre-existing injury popped up and they are advising Hyde that he can't play anymore.  Much like the Eric Wood situation.

Hopefully it is not that but serious neck issues can be nebulous and can go undetected.  He could have a minor injury but a serious risk could have been detected.

• Agree 3

22 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That had already been corrected, and was just a typo.  And again, I have said over and over again I still think we win the game and Allen is who I take in a shootout 100% of the time.  

Just pointing out the importance of this game given our schedule ahead.  Next 4 games are @Mia, @Balt, Pitt, @KC.  Miami has Buf, @Cincy, @jets, Minn.  If Miami manages to upset us this week, their next 3 games are all games they can win.  Cincy has looked bad, Jets are the jets, and Minn looked horrific against the Eagles.  Where we have to face 2 of the top AFC teams and offenses on the road in 2 of those next 3 weeks.  

And again, I think we can win all those games too, just pointing out their schedule is a bit easier than ours the next few weeks, so I think that makes this game a little more important as we don't want to risk going down multiple games early in the season to a divisional foe.  

Good analysis Alphadawg of our respective schedules.  That is a very manly schedule the Bills have over the next month.  Road games at Miami Baltimore and KC are nothing to sneeze at.  Pittsburgh has a pretty marginal roster, especially without TJ Watt playing.  Watching Trubisky play last nite against the Browns was almost painful.  (especially since I bet them taking the 4 1/2 points.  But Tomlin still should have went for the TD instead of the FG on 4th and 1 on their last drive.  Its not 1975 Mike!!)  How he was drafted # 2 in 2017 is absolutely beyond me.  Kenny Pickett needs to start for the Steelers.  Trubisky is just not an NFL starting QB.

Cincinnati will get well against the Jets and give the Dolphins all they can handle on Thursday nite.  But I do agree that Sunday in Miami is a big game.   

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

defensive line  can be difference makers Sunday too

This is the most important aspect of the game.  Our D line vs. the Phins O line.  This is how we win.  

33 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I'd like to speculate that someone's speculation about someone else's unverified opinion may point to the possible end of someone's career that has no basis other than speculation.

Yes, so much simpler to say that we don’t know right now.  Good post 👍

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw this on Finheaven.  Its just pure speculation and don’t know who this guy is.

Honestly...that was my first thought too...I have been thinking about Aaron Williams a lot more than I planned on this week...

He is a football coach, which means he may be friendly with and/or know other coaches that personally know or have coached Hyde that probably would have heard something on it from friends or family...

No idea if that is the case or not but  wouldn't say that is out of the realm of possibility...coaches tend to be a pretty tight knit group.

I have a friend who has some plugins that may have heard something, I will see if he knows anything.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There's a lot of rumors circulating online and easy to speculate he's done for the season based on the whole '2nd opinion' story.

But no matter what's happening it's a safe bet that Hyde probably won't be in the lineup any time soon even if the injury isn't season/career ending.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There's a lot of rumors circulating online and easy to speculate he's done for the season based on the whole '2nd opinion' story.

But no matter what's happening it's a safe bet that Hyde probably won't be in the lineup any time soon even if the injury isn't season/career ending.

“There’s a lot of rampant speculation out there…. So let me add mine!”

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.