Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That really is worst case scenario.

Dolphins fans will become insufferable. 

It's fine. The Dolphins don't pose any real threat to Buffalo's dominance of the division. Their defense is nowhere close to ours, and Tua is nowhere close to Allen.

The 2022 Dolphins are just the drought era Bills, occasionally stringing together a few wins, getting some media attention, and saying "BRING ON THE PATS!". The Bills, meanwhile, are what the Pats were then -- an inevitable machine that just grinds onward, quietly crushing opponents, taking their souls, and showing them what pretenders they are.

Let them and their fans be excited. The AFC East is the Bills' division for the foreseeable future. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That really is worst case scenario.

Dolphins fans will become insufferable. 

They could go 3-0 thanks to facing two teams with injury shredded secondaries. I do hope they keep their feet on the floor if they do, otherwise they'll be in for an uncomfortable landing.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I suggest you look at other teams IR lists and injury reports then

Point me to the apparent plethora of teams potentially without something equivalent to:

#2 WR

#1 CB

#2 CB

#1 DT

#3 DT

#4 DT

#1 S

My guess is we are “only” without Tre, Dane, Hyde and Phillips.  Contrast to the Dolphins who are likely only without Byron Jones.  

I would say the Titans are on par without Landry, Dupree and Fulton.  But most would say they’ve been hit hard so far on Defense.  That’s not normal (unless you’re the Ravens). 

The abnormality of our injuries are the cluster effect of them.  Multiple in the same levels of the defense.  Three DT’s and three Secondary players.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

They could go 3-0 thanks to facing two teams with injury shredded secondaries. I do hope they keep their feet on the floor if they do, otherwise they'll be in for an uncomfortable landing.

I still don't see it. I see Fins capped around 20-24 points max even with the injuries. The Bills are still damn good on D especially in the front 6/7.

The Dolphins are allowing the most yards per play in the NFL. Bills could legit not punt this game. 

I don't see under any circumstances where the Fins could match that.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

I still don't see it. I see Fins capped around 20-24 points max even with the injuries. The Bills are still damn good on D. 

The Dolphins are allowing the most yards per play in the NFL. Bills could legit not punt this game. 

I don't see under any circumstances where the Fins could match that.

Unless the offense have an off game (no real excuse) or the defense struggles to cope with those missing (more valid excuse).

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Point me to the apparent plethora of teams potentially without something equivalent to:

#2 WR

#1 CB

#2 CB

#1 DT

#3 DT

#4 DT

#1 S

My guess is we are “only” without Tre, Dane, Hyde and Phillips.  Contrast to the Dolphins who are likely only without Byron Jones.  

I would say the Titans are on par without Landry, Dupree and Fulton.  But most would say they’ve been hit hard so far on Defense.  That’s not normal (unless you’re the Ravens). 

The abnormality of our injuries are the cluster effect of them.  Multiple in the same levels of the defense.  Three DT’s and three Secondary players.  

Until any of the injuries are announced as "long term"/IR, then everyone should relax. 

Injuries happen, if most or all of these guys all get back within the next 2-3 weeks (potentially Tre as well), then we're fine.  We have depth to overcome in the short term, hoping guys can avoid any more injury issues.

And for the Dolphins, their starting RT is on IR and their marquee FA signing (LT Armstead) hasn't practiced for 2 days. They could be without both starting tackles, not an easy situation to overcome.

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If Micah wants a second opinion, does that mean someone already tried “rub some dirt on it”?

"Back in my day" all it took was some athletic tape and guilt shaming and we would play through concussions and broken bones because we were "team players." Kids these days are soft I tell ya 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who remembers the Bills going to Cleveland on TNF around this time of the season, back in like 2013. We had EJ and they had Brian Hoyer (I think). EJ got hurt but we only packed one extra QB and it was fellow rookie Jeff Tuel. Hilarity and an L commenced. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I want what’s best for hyde whatever that is

We have been accumulating talent at the safety position for a while now and they have gotten plenty of burn

I remember thinking “why the hell is he still in there”, bit then realizing we still only had a 3-score lead so technically the game wasn’t completely out-of-hand yet.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who remembers the Bills going to Cleveland on TNF around this time of the season, back in like 2013. We had EJ and they had Brian Hoyer (I think). EJ got hurt but we only packed one extra QB and it was fellow rookie Jeff Tuel. Hilarity and an L commenced. 

Help me forget, please!! Tuel time

Steelers defense making Brissett look like Kosar

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Vividly. Can’t believe that knee j hit wasn’t end of season for him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.