Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

The Phins secondary beyond Xavier Howard is pretty iffy and he's on the injury report right now too.  If both teams go into the game with no effective secondary then it just becomes a good old fashioned shoot out and the question is who would you take in that situation;   Tua / Hill / Waddle ---or---  Allen / Diggs / Davis?

I think our D-line can disrupt their passing game more than theirs can disrupt ours. 

I'm picking Buffalo.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Westside said:

If the trainers and drs for the Bills thought it was major, why would they let him go home after the game instead going to the hospital to get it checked out. ?

What a bunch of Debbie Downers here. 

Hyde went to the hospital after the game.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/20/dane-jackson-is-in-good-spirits-micah-hyde-also-was-sent-to-hospital-for-tests/

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do people in this thread keep suggesting that this is a precaution? Much more likely IMO that Bills' doctors told him it's major and he's trying to get a second opinion because he doesn't want to be out for the year.

There is no proof any of this has happened.  It's a neck injury.  He went to the hospital and was examined by doctors.  He then, no doubt, had those

results reviewed by the Bills staff.  Now he is going for another opinion.  None of us know what any of these people have said about

his injury.  Anything more than that right now is speculation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

There is no proof any of this has happened.  It's a neck injury.  He went to the hospital and was examined by doctors.  He then, no doubt, had those

results reviewed by the Bills staff.  Now he is going for another opinion.  None of us know what any of these people have said about

his injury.  Anything more than that right now is speculation.

Exactly.  There is zero point speculating.  Nobody knows but Hyde, the Bills, and the staff/Drs involved.

• Agree 1

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

We'll have to amputate

He’s not going to make it. We’ll have to pull the plug.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

They said he did go to the hospital

They let him leave with such a serious neck injury? That’s pretty irresponsible if true.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Most likely not playing against the Fins bummer but this is a marathon not a sprint and Hyde missing a week or two is better than him having a long term injury.

He it could be much worse than a week or two.  Hope not.  

Edited by Bob in STL

Just now, Westside said:

And he could possibly play this week. We have only opinions. I prefer to think positive.

True.  The 2nd opinion might just verify and support the first one.  I thought I read that he has had neck trouble for awhile.  

Either way, think positive.  The backups are decent players.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

It would be interested to know what the teams trainers/doctors said, that made him want to get a 2nd opinion?

I'd imagine it can only go one of two ways, one being, "You're too hurt to play, we can't clear you" and Hyde is like, "Nah man, I ain't that hurt" OR it's vice-versa and the team docs are saying, "Everything looks good" with Hyde saying, "Nah, something's wrong."

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.