Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

Mercy, I hope he is going to be okay. No Dane, Micah, Tre and most likely Jordan P. at the minimum vs Miami. Offense is going to need to put up a lot of points on the board to help the D. Hopefully our front seven can put pressure on Tua and force him into a few turnovers.

Benford and Elam are going to have to grow up quickly this week!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I sure hope this isn't like the Eichel neck injury fiasco. 

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Mercy, I hope he is going to be okay. No Dane, Micah, Tre and most likely Jordan P. at the minimum vs Miami. Offense is going to need to put up a lot of points on the board to help the D. Hopefully our front seven can put pressure on Tua and force him into a few turnovers.

Benford and Elam are going to have to grow up quickly this week!

I wonder if we'd start Cam Lewis over Elam. 

• Disagree 1

Ugh.....  Hoping for the best for Hyde.  Usually getting a 2nd opinion means whatever the issue is, it is pretty serious.  Forget this game, I'm worried this could be the end of his season, if not worse.  Obviously, his health is the #1 priority and I hope that he makes a full recovery.

That said, with him out, Tre already out, and now Jackson and Poyer not practicing today, what was once the strongest group on our team is now 100% backups and rookies heading into a game against maybe the best WR group we will play all season.  Not ideal to say the least.

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still think we win this game too...but for obvious reasons, the pile up of injuries certainly makes this a more dangerous game.  

BUT...there is a reality here about this week, and that is the Fins game is going to be more important than I think some people realize for a week 4 game.  If Miami wins, they go to 3-0 and travel to struggling Cincy next week, a game the Fins would be favored in given how poorly Cincy has played thus far.  We would then be 2-1 and headed to Balt for what seems like one of our toughest road games of our whole schedule, and potentially still not a full strength still on defense.  

That would put us in the position of facing a potential 2 game deficit after 4 weeks to the Fins in our division.  I still think we beat Miami with the injuries, because like you I like our depth and our ability to disrupt Tua while Allen and the offense should still put up 40+ points.  

While all divisional games are important, given the nature of our records and who we play next, this game against Miami is more important than a typical week 4 game.  So going in short handed definitely makes things a little more dicey.  

Its a week 3 game first of all.  And injuries are part of the game.  Tua is still a dink and dunker.  And after beating the tar out of him last year in Miami, (he will remember that) our D line is better this year.  He can't be feeling comfortable going into this weeks game.  The Bills offense can not be stopped.  I don't know if it can even be slowed down.  We may have to win 45-35.  But we are certainly capable of doing that.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

At this rate we're going to go from him getting a second opinion to us acting like he's on life support in an hour or two.

That’s a tad hyperbolic, no? Especially, from a fan base that witnessed Aaron Williams career being cut short. It’s fair for (some of) us to be concerned about it. I guess you do you though. 🤷‍♂️

The only two things I am focused on right now with Hyde:

1.  Is his life in jeopardy?

2. How can I help?

No one usually asks me for anything around here.  Honestly, if I was more self conscience I would think you guys don't like me, but I know that isn't true.

If needed, though, I'm a "Go".  I am just here on standby, ready to do my part.

I will be taking a nap, but will check back in a few hours to see what's what.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Ugh.....  Hoping for the best for Hyde.  Usually getting a 2nd opinion means whatever the issue is, it is pretty serious.  Forget this game, I'm worried this could be the end of his season, if not worse.  Obviously, his health is the #1 priority and I hope that he makes a full recovery.

That said, with him out, Tre already out, and now Jackson and Poyer not practicing today, what was once the strongest group on our team is now 100% backups and rookies heading into a game against maybe the best WR group we will play all season.  Not ideal to say the least.

Benford and Elam have already proven enough to be bonafide starters.  Damar hamlin looked decent in camp.  Poyer is most likely starting.  Only question marks to me are Siran Neal and or Cam Lewis stepping in as slot corner.   But we turned an undrafted FA in Levi Wallace into a decent starter in this league so I trust our coaching staff to get our backups up to speed.

Edited by Lost
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do people in this thread keep suggesting that this is a precaution? Much more likely IMO that Bills' doctors told him it's major and he's trying to get a second opinion because he doesn't want to be out for the year.

It’s all speculation right? Just like your statement??? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Its a week 3 game first of all.  And injuries are part of the game.  Tua is still a dink and dunker.  And after beating the tar out of him last year in Miami, (he will remember that) our D line is better this year.  He can't be feeling comfortable going into this weeks game.  The Bills offense can not be stopped.  I don't know if it can even be slowed down.  We may have to win 45-35.  But we are certainly capable of doing that.  

That had already been corrected, and was just a typo.  And again, I have said over and over again I still think we win the game and Allen is who I take in a shootout 100% of the time.  

Just pointing out the importance of this game given our schedule ahead.  Next 4 games are @Mia, @Balt, Pitt, @KC.  Miami has Buf, @Cincy, @jets, Minn.  If Miami manages to upset us this week, their next 3 games are all games they can win.  Cincy has looked bad, Jets are the jets, and Minn looked horrific against the Eagles.  Where we have to face 2 of the top AFC teams and offenses on the road in 2 of those next 3 weeks.  

And again, I think we can win all those games too, just pointing out their schedule is a bit easier than ours the next few weeks, so I think that makes this game a little more important as we don't want to risk going down multiple games early in the season to a divisional foe.  

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do people in this thread keep suggesting that this is a precaution? Much more likely IMO that Bills' doctors told him it's major and he's trying to get a second opinion because he doesn't want to be out for the year.

If the trainers and drs for the Bills thought it was major, why would they let him go home after the game instead going to the hospital to get it checked out. ?

What a bunch of Debbie Downers here. 

12 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Obviously not ideal missing all of this talent in the secondary, but the Bills scheme is strong and the coaches will plan around the strengths of who they are able to get out on the field.

And poor Taron Johnson, always the forgotten man!  All this talk about all rookies and backups now in the secondary, nobody remembers that the Bills have one of the top nickle corners in the league in their secondary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.