Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still think we win this game too...but for obvious reasons, the pile up of injuries certainly makes this a more dangerous game.  

BUT...there is a reality here about this week, and that is the Fins game is going to be more important than I think some people realize for a week 4 game.  If Miami wins, they go to 3-0 and travel to struggling Cincy next week, a game the Fins would be favored in given how poorly Cincy has played thus far.  We would then be 2-1 and headed to KC for what seems like our toughest game of our whole schedule, and potentially still not a full strength still on defense.  

That would put us in the position of facing a potential 2 game deficit after 4 weeks to the Fins in our division.  I still think we beat Miami with the injuries, because like you I like our depth and our ability to disrupt Tua while Allen and the offense should still put up 40+ points.  

While all divisional games are important, given the nature of our records and who we play next, this game against Miami is more important than a typical week 4 game.  So going in short handed definitely makes things a little more dicey.  

Next week is the Ravens, then the Steelers, the Chiefs are after that.

Three possibilities here;

1;  Bills medical staff says everything is looking good, Hyde still having issues

2;  Bills medical staff says there is a problem, Hyde says he feels great and wants to play

3;  Bills medical staff says there is a problem, Hyde doesn't want to play but just wants second opinion

I've always thought the Bills have a great medical team and handle injuries and rehab well.  It sure does look like no matter which of the three it is, we're rolling without Hyde against the Phins.  Hope everything checks out ok for him.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I feel most of our star players should have been pulled sooner than they were 

Can't argue that, but it's not always that easy. It's pro ball, you generally don't pull starters.

When to make that decision is tough, if you pull them early and then get in a dog fight and they have to come back in cold everyone would complain about that too.

Rather be safe than sorry & i can't say as i blame him there is life beyond football & no need to spend it disabled or in a wheel chair if it can be avoided plus we want him to come back fully healed for the run to the bowl it's early in the season so lets get them healthy while they can .

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

Not with the way our offense was just killing them....idk I'm not a coach but give the depth guys some experience when your clearly dominating the opposition 

After the Milano TD the offense was pulled and didn't score another point.  We can always second guess, but pulling both O and D starters

halfway through the 3rd quarter (like they did) is an extremely rare occurrence. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

1;  Bills medical staff says everything is looking good, Hyde still having issues

2;  Bills medical staff says there is a problem, Hyde says he feels great and wants to play

3;  Bills medical staff says there is a problem, Hyde doesn't want to play but just wants second opinion

I've always thought the Bills have a great medical team and handle injuries and rehab well.  It sure does look like no matter which of the three it is, we're rolling without Hyde against the Phins.  Hope everything checks out ok for him.

Couldn't there be a 4th

Bills say he's fine,  Hyde feels fine but is doing his due diligence because it's a neck injury?

The least likely I know but still possible. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Next week is the Ravens, then the Steelers, the Chiefs are after that.

Sorry I meant the Ravens, but I was just talking about going to the Chiefs game with a friend on the phone and had Chiefs on my mind.  Brain fart, I will edit, good catch.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry I meant the Ravens, but I was just talking about going to the Chiefs game with a friend on the phone and had Chiefs on my mind.  Brain fart, I will edit, good catch.  

After their game with the Dolphins I'm not as worried about the Ravens that defense will get cut to pieces by this offense and we've always defended Lamar very well.

9 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I feel most of our star players should have been pulled sooner than they were 

Can't really fault McD for not pulling them sooner...they came out in the 3rd quarter.  Seeing all of the big comebacks in week 2 is a reminder that you can't let up in this league.

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Based on fact he isnt practicing im guessing its the 2nd option... bills wont let him play so he is getting a 2nd opinion to show that he can play.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

After their game with the Dolphins I'm not as worried about the Ravens that defense will get cut to pieces by this offense and we've always defended Lamar very well.

Yeah I agree, but I do think that both Lamar and the Ravens offense is better this year than before.  Its in Baltimore too, but that D will definitely get carved up by Allen and this offense.  

Just a lot of speed back to back weeks while being down a lot of defensive players.  Like you, I am still confident we win both games, but still, we have the tougher opponent in week 4, so I think this Miami game is just of higher importance than a typical week 4 game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.