OBJ or Christian McCaffrey

TFBillsfan

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

You think OBJ wants to come here as a depth player, and be happy sitting on the bench game after game?

He's only playing for 5-6 regular season games and a playoff run. Then he gets a payday somewhere in the off season. What better than that?  Show he's healthy and a great teammate and 100 mil contract comes his way

To the point of the OP, I’m going for OBJ all day, he’s a player at a position of absolutely zero depth.  IDGAF what the homers think, beyond the starters, we don’t have a single player on the outside that’s anything more than a replacement level player.  Davis has never been more than a mediocre #2, I know there are high hopes/expectations, but he’s never done it.  So the reality is it’s Diggs and a bunch of Jags, until Davis proves he’s more than that.  Even so, if Diggs goes down, there’s nobody who’s even remotely capable of making up for that.  To have the opportunity to put OBJ out there with Diggs and Davis would be awesome, to know if somebody gets hurt, you have a REAL second option is priceless to a team w Championship aspirations.

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

This is not the last year of his deal, he’s signed through 2026, it’s probably not even the last year he will see on this deal, it would be 18M in dead cap to cut/trade him next season too. 

There’s no way the Bills would take on his deal, I’m not sure anybody would honestly.

My bad, you are correct, I was mistakenly thinking about Saquan when both were being talked about during the offseason.  Thanks for catching that.  

Ok, so yeah...0% chance IMHO we would trade for CMC then.  If the one year rental is off the table, there is just no way we will absorb any contract at RB given we have other important players contracts looming as it is.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My bad, you are correct, I was mistakenly thinking about Saquan when both were being talked about during the offseason.  Thanks for catching that.  

Ok, so yeah...0% chance IMHO we would trade for CMC then.  If the one year rental is off the table, there is just no way we will absorb any contract at RB given we have other important players contracts looming as it is.  

I was hoping we would make a move for Saquon last off-season, if we could have stolen him for a late pick when the Giants were being stupid, he would have been a nice piece to add for this year.  Maybe he ends up on a prove it deal next year and we get a nice rental player.

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Did you read the post of the person I replied to?

I took what they were saying as, OBJ would be an upgrade to Kumero and a nice insurance policy, meaning a #3 possibly 2.  I think people grossly over estimate Davis vs the real elite players in the league.  I’m saying OBJ would instantly (if healthy) be #2 to Diggs the way he was to Kupp last year. 

No i say we have a good back in Singletary & he's one of the Bills picks and does as well as any other when given the chance to get going OBJ on the other hand if it's a end of the year contract that is very friendly because he would have to learn the offense & have no chemistry in it so on the cheap why not !

56 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

A lot of talk about the Bills potentially adding OBJ later this year. With Carolina signing Blackshear, it got be pondering CMc future in Carolina. What if Carolina continues to tank and a trade could be worked out? Would you trade DS and a future draft pick to make that happen?  One could argue we are good at WR. McCaffrey would look great in the Bills backfield. 

Reality is most likely neither occur. 

Thoughts?

The Bills offense seems pretty good to me.  With the limited resources Beane has it may be better spent on a DB with the injuries

to that unit.  It's only week #3.  No need to do anything yet.

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I was hoping we would make a move for Saquon last off-season, if we could have stolen him for a late pick when the Giants were being stupid, he would have been a nice piece to add for this year.  Maybe he ends up on a prove it deal next year and we get a nice rental player.

Yeah, I was never interested in CMC this offseason, but was very interested in Barkley.  I thought if we could say flip Devin or Moss and like a 4th round pick for him, it was something I would have pulled the trigger on.

At the same time, I am definitely a believer in Devin, so I am not worried about the run game too much.  I mean our lack of run game is strictly by choice, not from the lack of ability too.  Devin has shown he is quite good when given the opportunities, but the pass game has just been decimating defenses and unstoppable, so they really haven't needed to run much yet.  But when we do, I really like our new blocking scheme and think Devin can be even better when given sufficient rush attempts like he was the last part of the season last year and playoffs.  

I just wish they would stop rotating Moss in, let Devin take those rush attempts, it's not like he has a heavy workload.  I also can't wait to see Cook get more involved too, still think he will be a nice weapon for us as the season wears on. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I was never interested in CMC this offseason, but was very interested in Barkley.  I thought if we could say flip Devin or Moss and like a 4th round pick for him, it was something I would have pulled the trigger on.

At the same time, I am definitely a believer in Devin, so I am not worried about the run game too much.  I mean our lack of run game is strictly by choice, not from the lack of ability too.  Devin has shown he is quite good when given the opportunities, but the pass game has just been decimating defenses and unstoppable, so they really haven't needed to run much yet.  But when we do, I really like our new blocking scheme and think Devin can be even better when given sufficient rush attempts like he was the last part of the season last year and playoffs.  

I just wish they would stop rotating Moss in, let Devin take those rush attempts, it's not like he has a heavy workload.  I also can't wait to see Cook get more involved too, still think he will be a nice weapon for us as the season wears on. 

I absolutely agree, they need to give Motor all the carries.  It’s not like they are running 30 times a game.  He’s getting the load of a team that splits carries and STILL giving some up 😂.

On the other side of things, I think Cook should be inactive.  He can’t pass protect, he can’t run between the tackles and because he can’t do either, he’s only in there to catch out of the backfield and everyone in the building knows it, which means he’s nothing more than a slot WR who lines up in the wrong spot.   Until he can offer SOMETHING besides being a pass catcher, he needs to either play out of the slot (no room for that on this team) or not dress.  He’s a wasted roster spot.   Adding to this, Moss should also be flat out cut and bring Duke Johnson back to take his spot as a guy who is a decent runner, better pass catching back and can at least keep JA from being destroyed.

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You think OBJ wants to come here as a depth player, and be happy sitting on the bench game after game?

He's sitting on the couch not making any money now, so....

yeah, hanging out with a SB team and being part of their SB run, and getting another ring and whatever credit he can milk from that to boost his resume and HOF chances... Yeah, I think he would.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

OBJ, by far.

CMC is too expensive and too fragile.

This right here ^^^

not that OBJ and his knees are far behind on the injury front, but at least he’s a cheap buy in for half a season…, 

CMC is way to expensive contract wise, and basically he’s broken, and has been for a while now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.