“We have an attitude of domination” - Von Miller

BillsFan619

Love the attitude and culture that Von Miller is bringing to the defense. It’s definitely apparent in the first couple wins with how dominating the whole team has been.

“We have an attitude of domination,” Miller said. “We're not playing the game to just win the game, we’re playing the game to dominate the game. And we've got a team full of killers.”

Also, right above the article there’s a nice video segment with Stefon Diggs about the mindset of the Buffalo Bills this season.

And people are picking the Dolphins. 🤣😜

Go Bills!

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/37476/bills-defense-stays-hot-despite-injuries-but-can-the-unit-keep-it-up

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

The attitude is a part of what was missing for the Bills D last year.  Statistically they were very good but they seemed to scare nobody.  If they can stay healthy the situation is different this year.

The bolded part is 100% spot on. 

Nobody feared the Bills Defense last year.  They talked about the sum of the parts, they brought up their statistical ranking etc etc..  but everyone knew they had weaknesses.  Everyone knew that they were inflated due to the Offenses they faced.  

This year... you can tell by the way they are being discussed by analysts, by fans.. they are feared.  Nobody fears a defense that can't get to the QB.  Everyone fears the defense that can...  and the Bills Defense may be the best pass rushing defense in the entire NFL.  

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

“We have an attitude of domination,” Miller said. “We're not playing the game to just win the game, we’re playing the game to dominate the game. And we've got a team full of killers.”

A team full of killers...I say it all the time - culture is a talent multiplier.  You can't win without talent, but culture can multiply the talent you have.  A leader in every room holding teammates accountable, working hard all year, comradery, putting in the extra time because you want to...it is so much easier to put in the extra work.  OTOH, most of us have been in workplaces where the culture was negative - that always made it much harder for me - no matter my good intentions.

This attitude will go a long way to keeping them focused even though they are blowing teams out by double digits all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I hope that the team is not filled with literal killers.  Kill the Buffalo fanbase, and then I guess there's a rebrand in San Antonio or whatever.

That is Bills' marketing department job from what they have shown this year. 

They used to send a box of schedules, a few media guides, drink cozies and other tidbits to Bills Backers groups; this year they sent a Mafia flag.

One thing I noticed at the game Monday night was several occasions where our O-line got someone on the defense in a vulnerable position and drove them into the ground violently face first, then didn't let them up (face first in the dirt) until the play was over.  Just absolutely vicious play by our O line in that game.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

We have a team "full of killers?"

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

If we do not win the SB this year, it will not because we don't have the right player character, team culture, or drive to succeed.

I think we have all intangible boxes checked.

This explains OJ’s interest in the team

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

I hope that the team is not filled with literal killers.  Kill the Buffalo fanbase, and then I guess there's a rebrand in San Antonio or whatever.

Kidding, of course.  Glad that Von's on the team.  I have no idea how far they will go this year, but it's gonna be a fun ride.  That much is guaranteed.

Just wanted to say that when I first glanced at you name I thought it was "TheCockSpit" 

52 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Just wanted to say that when I first glanced at you name I thought it was "TheCockSpit" 

Holy Christballs.  But, yeah, I get this.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

That is Bills' marketing department job from what they have shown this year. 

They used to send a box of schedules, a few media guides, drink cozies and other tidbits to Bills Backers groups; this year they sent a Mafia flag.

First, you know that I was semi kidding, right?

In any case, for the (well deserved) vitriol of the Bills during their drought years, I think that the only functioning unit at that time was their... marketing department.  Why would the team sell out games with EJ Manuel, some other dude, or Taylor as QB?  They should get Nobel prizes or some *****.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The attitude is a part of what was missing for the Bills D last year.  Statistically they were very good but they seemed to scare nobody.  If they can stay healthy the situation is different this year.

In the past they thought they could, and now they KNOW THEY CAN. At least, that’s what it feels like to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

the addition of Miller and Phillips has been huge

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.