To Run or Not To Run

Wizard

I will never get over how much of this fanbase can't let "the running game" go...

Football has mostly moved beyond that.

You know why it has never looked  this good as a Bills fan?  Because we have the best passing game in franchise history, and the 2 best players on the team are the guys who throw and catch the ball.

The key is the ability to run. We have to be able to run the ball if needed. It may not seem like it but there will be times the defense does things that will make relying solely on the passing game a challenge. Allen adds a run threat element but how long do we want him to be a run threat? So avoid that falling on him we need a decent threat from our backs. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

We need to run the ball as little as possible. 

Our run game stinks. Our RBs stink. Our personnel decisions when it comes to RBs stink. 

I struggle to remember a running game that looked so ineffective and hopeless. 3rd/4th and 1, I have zero confidence that our RBs can pick it up. 

Josh Allen, and short/quick passes to WRs at the LOS, needs to be our run game. 

Beane is the GOAT, but to spend THREE highish draft picks on RBs in the last few years and have this to show for it.....OOF. 

Love this from Josh. Exactly what I was saying. If it weren't for blowouts and running out the clock in the 4Q, I would want and expect this team to set records for least amount of rush attempts in a season.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So I think when the time comes and we need to run the ball more (and that could even be this weekend with all the defensive injuries we have to try and hold the ball longer and limit Miami's time of possession), this team is well equipped to be able to get the job done.  In the meantime, if we keep scoring at ease through the air I am just fine with that.  

I agree.

What I would add is first, with Dorsey and Kromer I do not look back to previous years running game and project anything going forward.

Secondly, I think that the whole offense has revolved around everyone getting the passing game going first.  That has taken the lions

share of time for Dorsey, Kromer and the rest.  It's new to this year's team with Dorsey and Kromer and they have done that job well.

Finally, it would seem to me the passing game will scheme for its opponent, but more emphasis will be given to add dimensions to

the running game as the season goes forward and weather begins to change.  This team's offense is not finished developing at all.

51 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

Sure.  But  I want us to be able to run the ball when we need to.  Most of last year we couldn't.  This year, It's looks like we might be able to, but it's definitely not been proven.

I’m always preaching Balance 

It’s been 2 no, 1 and 3/4 games.  

still too early to make a proper analysis 

2 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I'm old school. I like watching the run game.

Cool...well you can get your fill of it by watching other teams.

I am sure you'll see plenty of it tonight for example

Edited by Big Turk

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

I would like to see Allen do less running and put more of it on Singletary, but the offense revolves around Josh throwing it all over the place anyway. So as long as we win that is all that matters. I do think Beane will address the OL in the upcoming draft. If there was one area where I think the offense could be improved its the OL. We are pretty much set at the skill positions.

We need to clean up Saffold's play. Someone needs to teach Van Rotten how to snap the ball higher. Hated to see Blackshear poached as I think this is Moss's last season. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We need to clean up Saffold's play. Someone needs to teach Van Rotten how to snap the ball higher. Hated to see Blackshear poached as I think this is Moss's last season. 

Have no fear…we can draft another RB in the 2nd or 3rd round…for the 4th year in a row! 😈

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.