Why I Want to Beat the Phins so bad this week

WhitewalkerInPhilly

15 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

My hatred of Dolphins in the 70s eclipsed my hatred of the ***Pats under Belichick and Brady (maybe because I was younger then)

But, ultimately: **** both of them

I hate the 90s Dolphins more than the Pats. 

We were never good at the same time as the Pats, when we were good they sucked, when we sucked they were good. There has never been a real rivalry,  unlike the 90s Bills v Dolphins. 

• Like (+1) 1

No, there is nothing sweeter than when we destroy the Pats.  I just want to win so we put the whole Tua hype to bed.  Allen has beat the Fish 7 of the last 8 times, and nearly even beat them if Clay didn’t drop the ball.

Virg made good points in his thread about how the rookie Ravens corners were torched by the Dolphins.  The Bills are a much better coached team, and will win Sunday.  The pundits will be out with pitchforks on Miami on Monday.

22 hours ago, Art in PNS said:

0 for the 70"s , nuff said.

Lived through that, so I will always be a fish hater.

But, Back to the Future: Winning this weekend is huge because we do not want to give this team any hope. They need to walk out of the stadium on Sunday wondering if they can ever beat this monster from up north. Do not give them even a glimmer of hope. End the AFC race this weekend Beat the fish, along with a Pats and Jets loss, and you can phone AFC East in.

Don't just squish the fish this weekend, curb stomp them, and then grind them under your steel-toe boots. Crush them!!!  😝

• Agree 1

It's a shame the Bills are so banged up. Tua is going to look decent against our 2nd string DB's and our offense is going to put up points, so he'll be slinging it.

I think we win, but it probably won't be a beat-down, so regardless we'll have to hear the Tua hype and how "explosive" their offense is for another few weeks.

• Eyeroll 1

The early 90's Bills vs Phins rivalry was epic. For 7-8 yrs the Tuna fans would come here and literally get punched in the mouth. I can remember so, so many fights in the stands at Ralph, all over the stadium and in the lots. The crowd would "ohh and awe" the damn fights. lol

Looks like it's all about to pop again? We owned them back then liked we own them now.

Edited by Real McNasty

It seems the media is always waiting for the Dolphins to show any sign of improvement.  Then they pump them up to a point where you either love Miami or hate them.  It's impossible to remain indifferent or neutral.  I've been around long enough to live through the 70s where we lost every game to Miami.  There were some close games back then but never a win.  My favorite Dolphins moment was the Bills trashed the Dolphins in a playoff game and the Dolphins defensive coordinator cried during the post game show.  Kelly and company just shredded them that day.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:24 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I do want to shut up the Tua narrative that he’s good.

Kinda like the narrative last year about Mac Jones.  Hoping with just rushing we can rattle the hell out of Tua .  Hill and waddle will make big plays as will Gasecki if we can’t hassle the hell out of Tua

• Like (+1) 1

Dolphins fans on Twitter seem to be celebrating the fact we have so many guys hurt on defense.   

I understand pointing it out, but to make jokes about it and clown the guys filling in for them is begging for an attitude adjustment.  

Maybe I’m naive, but I don’t see a Von Miller led, McDermott/Frazier coached defense getting yolked up.  Elam, Benford and Johnson are all good players.. with a week to prepare as starters, I feel confident that they’ll step up. 

This coaching staff knows how to get the most out of the secondary.  Anytime the defense has struggled under McD, it’s been due to DL issues, whether lack of pass rush or inability to stop the run.  Even without Oliver and Phillips, this DL still has waves of talent to throw at the Dolphins. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Dolphins fans on Twitter seem to be celebrating the fact we have so many guys hurt on defense.   

I understand pointing it out, but to make jokes about it and clown the guys filling in for them is begging for an attitude adjustment.  

Maybe I’m naive, but I don’t see a Von Miller led, McDermott/Frazier coached defense getting yolked up.  Elam, Benford and Johnson are all good players.. with a week to prepare as starters, I feel confident that they’ll step up. 

This coaching staff knows how to get the most out of the secondary.  Anytime the defense has struggled under McD, it’s been due to DL issues, whether lack of pass rush or inability to stop the run.  Even without Oliver and Phillips, this DL still has waves of talent to throw at the Dolphins. 

Yep.  We’ve either been gashed on the ground or can’t get to the QB.  We aren’t going to let WR run free down the field like the Ravens did.

17 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It's a shame the Bills are so banged up. Tua is going to look decent against our 2nd string DB's and our offense is going to put up points, so he'll be slinging it.

I think we win, but it probably won't be a beat-down, so regardless we'll have to hear the Tua hype and how "explosive" their offense is for another few weeks.

You know Tua is the QB right? The Bills feast on average QBs.

This thread here is a big reason why I hope the Bills beat them badly:

https://finheaven.com/threads/josh-allen-says-he-can-relate-to-tua-tagovailoa-is-proud-of-him.374413/

Just now, Playoffs? said:

This thread here is a big reason why I hope the Bills beat them badly:

https://finheaven.com/threads/josh-allen-says-he-can-relate-to-tua-tagovailoa-is-proud-of-him.374413/

The parts about Josh being whiny and the most overrated QB in the NFL, and “Tua’s ceiling being Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, and his floor being Russell Wilson” are the best parts. Unreal, these jackasses. 

On 9/22/2022 at 6:58 AM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But I don't remember many "Man, this would be a statement win for the Bills" takes. I don't remember many "Josh Allen will be on the short list for MVP if this goes well" takes. 

I do, as there were many times people in the media & around the league would point out the lack of "signature wins."

2019 - Patriots, week 4 (Bills were 3-0, playing at home against Tom Brady & the 3-0 Patriots). Didn't go well, Allen threw 3 x INT's, sacked 5 times & got injured.

2019 - Cowboys, Thanksgiving (Cowboys weren't great, but had a winning record). Allen played perfect, and put the Bills on everyone's radar

2020 - Chiefs, week 6 (Bills 4-1, coming off the COVID game, vs defending SB champs, 4-1 Chiefs). Team was still no-showing in the 3rd, Allen threw for 122 yards

2020 - Patriots, week 8 (Pats weren't good, but still the division's boogeyman). Got the monkey off our back & Allen's 1st win against the Pats!

2020 - Steelers, week 14 (Pittsburg was 11-1 going into it, big SNF game). Defense held them down all game, beat them down on primetime

2021 - Chiefs, week 5 (Obviously, biggest non-playoff game in ages for us). Bills came out & beat the brakes off the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Statement win.

2021 - Patriots, WC (It took until week 16 for us to reclaim the division lead, so many picked the Pats in an upset). Allen & co. put on a clinic, executing a virtually flawless performance & exorcising any demons of Belichick's Pats haunting the team.

You could also throw in the 2020 WC against the Colts, as it marked both a return to Orchard Park in the post season and our first playoff win in decades. 

I'd argue all of these games, win or lose, meant more to the development of this team & were hyped up as signature matchups/statement games. They all highlighted where the Bills were improving, or where they needed to grow. And all of them had a significant impact on the Bills' reputation in national conversation.

29 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I do, as there were many times people in the media & around the league would point out the lack of "signature wins."

2019 - Patriots, week 4 (Bills were 3-0, playing at home against Tom Brady & the 3-0 Patriots). Didn't go well, Allen threw 3 x INT's, sacked 5 times & got injured.

2019 - Cowboys, Thanksgiving (Cowboys weren't great, but had a winning record). Allen played perfect, and put the Bills on everyone's radar

2020 - Chiefs, week 6 (Bills 4-1, coming off the COVID game, vs defending SB champs, 4-1 Chiefs). Team was still no-showing in the 3rd, Allen threw for 122 yards

2020 - Patriots, week 8 (Pats weren't good, but still the division's boogeyman). Got the monkey off our back & Allen's 1st win against the Pats!

2020 - Steelers, week 14 (Pittsburg was 11-1 going into it, big SNF game). Defense held them down all game, beat them down on primetime

2021 - Chiefs, week 5 (Obviously, biggest non-playoff game in ages for us). Bills came out & beat the brakes off the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Statement win.

2021 - Patriots, WC (It took until week 16 for us to reclaim the division lead, so many picked the Pats in an upset). Allen & co. put on a clinic, executing a virtually flawless performance & exorcising any demons of Belichick's Pats haunting the team.

You could also throw in the 2020 WC against the Colts, as it marked both a return to Orchard Park in the post season and our first playoff win in decades. 

I'd argue all of these games, win or lose, meant more to the development of this team & were hyped up as signature matchups/statement games. They all highlighted where the Bills were improving, or where they needed to grow. And all of them had a significant impact on the Bills' reputation in national conversation.

Think you'd have to add the 13 seconds game and the Rams game this season as well in terms of games that continued to launch the Bills onto the national radar.  

On 9/22/2022 at 8:01 AM, Art in PNS said:

0 for the 70"s , nuff said.

Some of the young'uns don't fully understand Miami week. It ain't what it used to be, but we remember. And having Tyreek and all this hype, makes me want the win even more.

SQUISH THE DAMN FISH!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.