Panthers signing Raheem Blackshear off PS

YoloinOhio

We're 2-0, have dominated the defending SB champs on their home field, destroyed the AFC #1 seed from a year ago in our home opener, have outscored these two opponents by a combined 72-17, and people are on here leaving a trail of tears over Blackshear getting signed off of our PS to play for a crap Panthers team? :rolleyes::lol:

200.gif

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

We're 2-0, have dominated the defending SB chaps on their home field, destroyed the AFC #1 seed from a year ago in our home opener, have outscored these two opponents by a combined 72-17, and people are on here leaving a trail of tears over Blackshear getting signed off of our PS to play for a crap Panthers team? :rolleyes::lol:

200.gif

Falling in love with UDFAs is a hard habit to break for BIlls' fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And one pass for 7 yards in the second game of the season.

As to the rest of your post...Moss and Cook are good backs.  Cook just needs more time to learn.  Blackshear looked great in preseason but that was against  backups, so you can really gauge.  He may well end up being a good back.  

CB and LB in the second?  We drafted two of each and those 4 players are looking very good right now, so your argument is lost on me.

I trust Beane and McD more than the average fan.  Teller was a mistake that they readily admit.  I think they do know how to draft, though as evidenced by the end result.

How would you classify the LBs “looking good” based on the fact they haven’t been on the field outside of garbage time?  

CB is easily the thinnest position on the roster, you can’t see how we could use another top talent there? 

How much time does Cook need to learn?  He couldn’t start at Georgia, sitting behind a back that’s barely hanging on to a roster spot in the NFL.  Yeah, he’s got a couple of nice traits, but he’s never done anything with them.  He’s a pass catching back, that offers zero versatility, no blocking and is useless between the tackles, sounds like a hell of a 2nd round pick.  I know you think you got Dalvin Cook, but you got Cooper Manning and don’t recognize it yet.

30 minutes ago, Draconator said:

McCaffrey to Buffalo. I just know it.

That would be epic, 99.9% not happening, but damn.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Chuck Schick said:

Blackshear will never be heard from again, most likely.  He’s #4 on a team with a superstar and 2 legit RBs (Foreman and Hubbard) ahead of him.  Good for him though to get the paycheck. 

I dont think they are going to sign a guy to their roster and have no plans for him whatsoever.  That would make zero sense.

27 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

How would you classify the LBs “looking good” based on the fact they haven’t been on the field outside of garbage time?  

CB is easily the thinnest position on the roster, you can’t see how we could use another top talent there? 

How much time does Cook need to learn?  He couldn’t start at Georgia, sitting behind a back that’s barely hanging on to a roster spot in the NFL.  Yeah, he’s got a couple of nice traits, but he’s never done anything with them.  He’s a pass catching back, that offers zero versatility, no blocking and is useless between the tackles, sounds like a hell of a 2nd round pick.  I know you think you got Dalvin Cook, but you got Cooper Manning and don’t recognize it yet.

That would be epic, 99.9% not happening, but damn.

How much time does Cook need to learn?

Buffalo tends to draft for traits.  You highlighted everything he struggles with and literally said nothing positive about him. 

1. Fast - 4.42 speed, but also it seems like its a fairly sudden speed out of his blocks.  
  2. Patience - doesn't just blaze right into his blocks
  3. Solid hands - mismatch against LBs
  4. Cuts - Has the ability to make cuts with speed to gain additional yards
6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont think they are going to sign a guy to their roster and have no plans for him whatsoever.  That would make zero sense.

I think he's more of an insurance policy for CMC than either hubbard or Foreman regarding skillsets.  But those 2 actually have other roles in the offense.  They can also use him as a returner a bit.

As for Duke - He likely is casing a winner at this point not a 3 week NFL paycheck.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Oh he will suit up from time to time, maybe get a couple carries.  But this move is essentially replacing guy #53ish on their roster.  It's not to plug him in as a significant piece of a puzzle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

lol you must not have been following the great coach Rhule the last few years. Almost all his moves have made zero sense since he took over. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Oh he will suit up from time to time, maybe get a couple carries.  But this move is essentially replacing guy #53ish on their roster.  It's not to plug him in as a significant piece of a puzzle.

They lost roberts so... i'd assume he takes over some return duties if he's active on gamedays. 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They are like Free Agents. They could absolutely choose to stay on the PS, not get playing time, and stay at the low PS pay. Or they can choose to go to the new team which MUST put them on the active roster, and get real pay. It's unlikely, but it's possible.

Well if a player is really one the team does not want to lose they can offer to pay him a bonus to not sign with another team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.