Panthers signing Raheem Blackshear off PS

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In other news the Bills third string running back (Cook) had 53 yds on 11 Carry’s against a regular season NFL defense with Case Keenum under center 

Apparently you missed the part where TN pulled most of their key guys too.  That became the 4th preseason game.  He also looked terrible between the tackles yet again.

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Apparently you missed the part where TN pulled most of their key guys too.  That became the 4th preseason game.  He also looked terrible between the tackles yet again.

Every single person on that field made the NFL team Monday 

More than Half of the people Blackshear was running against are no longer playing

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I like the kid, would have liked to see him actually unseat Moss, but the reality is, he would be on the roster we’re it not for Cook being a 2nd round pick.  It’s clear to see who performed better, but the Cook miss-draft cost Blackshear his spot.  

It would be cool if there was ever a decision made based on performance, not draft/salary implications.   Beane has done a hell of a job building a really good roster.  That is first and foremost, but McBean have   made some real bad calls.

Teller got the boot bc of Ford being a 2nd round pick, turned into an All-pro, the Bills favored draft status and veteran incompetence over talent.  Now you see the same thing coming back again, Howard going off for 2 TDs after a week in the Texans system, meanwhile, Sweeney is inactive.  I am happy Morris made the roster, but Sweeney? Really?   Now look at Cook and Moss taking up not one but TWO game day spots because the FO can’t identify a decent RB in the draft to save their lives.  2 third round picks, and a second round pick spent over 4 years to have ONE, slightly better than replacement level RB on the roster..  I guess when you can’t sign a marginal $3M pass catching back, you should just draft a lesser one in the second round.  Makes sense.   They could have spent that second round pick this year on an impactful position like CB or LB, but here we are with a RB that can’t get on the field, when there are guys on the street that would be an upgrade to RB 2. 

I love where the team is, but the wasted early round picks bother me.  There have been many opportunities to make this team better than they are and Beane simply outsmarted himself.   He seems to fall in love with a player/idea of a role, for some reason and can’t move off that.   It’s probably his only glaring flaw, thank God he was locked in on getting JA, I guess we will never know if it was really the case that he wanted JA or one of the others and had to settle, but he moved up to get that QB and absolutely killed it.  Having JA will hide a lot of flaws, hopefully we will find a real RB eventually.  It’s going to be ugly once Motor leaves, he’s not great, but the drop off means we are going to have to do something.

And one pass for 7 yards in the second game of the season.

As to the rest of your post...Moss and Cook are good backs.  Cook just needs more time to learn.  Blackshear looked great in preseason but that was against  backups, so you can really gauge.  He may well end up being a good back.  

CB and LB in the second?  We drafted two of each and those 4 players are looking very good right now, so your argument is lost on me.

I trust Beane and McD more than the average fan.  Teller was a mistake that they readily admit.  I think they do know how to draft, though as evidenced by the end result.

5 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I don't really get all the Moss hate, so far this season he has been solid and its well known he was dealing with nagging injury last year

I didn't really get all the rejuvenated enthusiasm for Moss during this offseason, but I wasn't sold on the nagging injury being the root of all of his issues last year.

9 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I didn't really get all the rejuvenated enthusiasm for Moss during this offseason, but I wasn't sold on the nagging injury being the root of all of his issues last year.

hard work in the off season usually pays off, he looked good to me in person Monday night, looked strong and physical and good in pass pro. We sometimes too quick to write a guy off and anoint the shiny new rookie

Just now, billybob71 said:

Edited by billybob71
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

maybe…  was that before or after he outran everyone except for the 4.28 40 safety? 

He’s not a between the tackles runner 😂 

21 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I don't really get all the Moss hate, so far this season he has been solid and its well known he was dealing with nagging injury last year

I get nagged a lot. Can it really result in an injury??

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I like the kid, would have liked to see him actually unseat Moss, but the reality is, he would be on the roster we’re it not for Cook being a 2nd round pick.  It’s clear to see who performed better, but the Cook miss-draft cost Blackshear his spot.  

It would be cool if there was ever a decision made based on performance, not draft/salary implications.   Beane has done a hell of a job building a really good roster.  That is first and foremost, but McBean have   made some real bad calls.

Teller got the boot bc of Ford being a 2nd round pick, turned into an All-pro, the Bills favored draft status and veteran incompetence over talent.  Now you see the same thing coming back again, Howard going off for 2 TDs after a week in the Texans system, meanwhile, Sweeney is inactive.  I am happy Morris made the roster, but Sweeney? Really?   Now look at Cook and Moss taking up not one but TWO game day spots because the FO can’t identify a decent RB in the draft to save their lives.  2 third round picks, and a second round pick spent over 4 years to have ONE, slightly better than replacement level RB on the roster..  I guess when you can’t sign a marginal $3M pass catching back, you should just draft a lesser one in the second round.  Makes sense.   They could have spent that second round pick this year on an impactful position like CB or LB, but here we are with a RB that can’t get on the field, when there are guys on the street that would be an upgrade to RB 2. 

I love where the team is, but the wasted early round picks bother me.  There have been many opportunities to make this team better than they are and Beane simply outsmarted himself.   He seems to fall in love with a player/idea of a role, for some reason and can’t move off that.   It’s probably his only glaring flaw, thank God he was locked in on getting JA, I guess we will never know if it was really the case that he wanted JA or one of the others and had to settle, but he moved up to get that QB and absolutely killed it.  Having JA will hide a lot of flaws, hopefully we will find a real RB eventually.  It’s going to be ugly once Motor leaves, he’s not great, but the drop off means we are going to have to do something.

You could have said you like Blackshear over Moss and Cook, and saved us the War and Peace post...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.