Panthers signing Raheem Blackshear off PS

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This kid had talent and frankly impressed me more than Moss. Unfortunate....

Seriously.  He impressed me more than Cook too.  A lot more. 

32 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Sometimes I dream,

We had Raheem,

In our O scheme,

And on the team..

But, alas.....

❤️ 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Which game do you think we will need to rely on Moss, Blackshear, Howard, or Sweeney to win? Have we needed/missed any of them so far?

I think we could have grown Blackshear into a key component moving forward, though maybe looking more at next year than this.

Howard, granted. Even Knox has been more of a blocker than a receiver this year.

I like the kid, would have liked to see him actually unseat Moss, but the reality is, he would be on the roster we’re it not for Cook being a 2nd round pick.  It’s clear to see who performed better, but the Cook miss-draft cost Blackshear his spot.  

It would be cool if there was ever a decision made based on performance, not draft/salary implications.   Beane has done a hell of a job building a really good roster.  That is first and foremost, but McBean have   made some real bad calls.

Teller got the boot bc of Ford being a 2nd round pick, turned into an All-pro, the Bills favored draft status and veteran incompetence over talent.  Now you see the same thing coming back again, Howard going off for 2 TDs after a week in the Texans system, meanwhile, Sweeney is inactive.  I am happy Morris made the roster, but Sweeney? Really?   Now look at Cook and Moss taking up not one but TWO game day spots because the FO can’t identify a decent RB in the draft to save their lives.  2 third round picks, and a second round pick spent over 4 years to have ONE, slightly better than replacement level RB on the roster..  I guess when you can’t sign a marginal $3M pass catching back, you should just draft a lesser one in the second round.  Makes sense.   They could have spent that second round pick this year on an impactful position like CB or LB, but here we are with a RB that can’t get on the field, when there are guys on the street that would be an upgrade to RB 2. 

I love where the team is, but the wasted early round picks bother me.  There have been many opportunities to make this team better than they are and Beane simply outsmarted himself.   He seems to fall in love with a player/idea of a role, for some reason and can’t move off that.   It’s probably his only glaring flaw, thank God he was locked in on getting JA, I guess we will never know if it was really the case that he wanted JA or one of the others and had to settle, but he moved up to get that QB and absolutely killed it.  Having JA will hide a lot of flaws, hopefully we will find a real RB eventually.  It’s going to be ugly once Motor leaves, he’s not great, but the drop off means we are going to have to do something.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Teams can rob other teams Practice Squad players 

when did that start?

Always could but the signing team has to put the claimed playee on their 53 man roster. Also a player can refuse the offer if they prefer to remain on the ps squad they currently are on.

3 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Always could but the signing team has to put the claimed playee on their 53 man roster. Also a player can refuse the offer if they prefer to remain on the ps squad they currently are on.

Never heard this before.

1 hour ago, f0neguy said:

Moss is probably our best pass protection back,  we pass a lot,  that’s why he’s here.

He was one of the best in the league.   2 years ago Moss graded out as PFF’s sixth-highest-graded pass blocker among 47 qualified backs.  Hope he is back t form post injury.

25 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

It will be interesting, in the long run, who will have the better NFL career, Moss, Cook, or Blackshear.  Time will tell.  We are seeing, right now with our rookie cornerbacks, that draft position doesn't always indicate how well a player will preform.

Blackshear will never be heard from again, most likely.  He’s #4 on a team with a superstar and 2 legit RBs (Foreman and Hubbard) ahead of him.  Good for him though to get the paycheck. 

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Never heard this before.

They are like Free Agents. They could absolutely choose to stay on the PS, not get playing time, and stay at the low PS pay. Or they can choose to go to the new team which MUST put them on the active roster, and get real pay. It's unlikely, but it's possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.