A Few Thoughts About the Titans Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Also, there was a lot of hype around Cook as this new playmaker with the ball in his hands.  We kept hearing about the weapon he’d be out of the backfield. 

His lack of playing time would Indicate to me that he hasn’t earned that time on practice and he hasn’t flashed when on the field.  

That qualifies as disappointing considering his draft position and preseason hype 

• Agree 1

Great write-up.  I haven't read through the responses, but just a quick note on Edmunds - he also had the tip later in the game that led to the Poyer INT, which I thought was pretty crucial at that juncture.  That was a great play.  I thought he had a TFL after the 1st quarter also, but could be wrong on that.

And just my own hunch - but I think we have a potential superstar in Groot.  He looks more stout than last year, and even faster, and I feel like he's going to be a nightmare for opposing DC's for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Agree, and I think that a lot of people liked Blackshear, he seemed to have more speed and more change of direction.

I am not so sure about  more speed - may have more wiggle.  Big dispersion in aggregate rating - 35 points.  Why Cook was drafted in RD2 and Blackshear was an UDFA

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/James-Cook-RB-Georgia

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Raheem-Blackshear-RB-VirginiaTech

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Outside of that, it seemed like the Frazier focused on more of a contained pass rush, as it Groot and Von looked to be trying to run around their blockers and coming in wide.  They rarely hit home, but Tannehill had not choice but to stand still in the pocket.

This is great practice for the Chiefs. Last year in the divisional game we gave Mahomes escape routes. Instead of trying to rack up sack numbers, against the mobile QBs you pretty much just have to slowly compress the pocket around them so they barely have enough room to move their arm into a throwing position, let alone run out of the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I have the utmost confidence in Dorsey.  I think he’ll get some use out of him, but it’ll probably only be for one year. I think he’ll be a HC next season.  

I'm coming around to the idea that Josh can now run the show.  I would imagine Dorsey will get some looks.  It would also not surprise me if teams around the league understand this oldie but goodie reference:

5 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I mean I understand disappointment from the fumble, but he really hasn't had enough chances for any disappointment for me. Other than that what have you seen that makes you feel that way?

I will ad one thing though, to me he doesn't seem quite as fast as he was made out to be . But then again haven't really gotten the chance to see enough so 

When you look at his long run, his acceleration is quite obvious, I think people are mistaking patience and hesitation for lack of speed.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Also, there was a lot of hype around Cook as this new playmaker with the ball in his hands.  We kept hearing about the weapon he’d be out of the backfield. 

His lack of playing time would Indicate to me that he hasn’t earned that time on practice and he hasn’t flashed when on the field.  

That qualifies as disappointing considering his draft position and preseason hype 

Or this coaching staff rarely gives opportunities to rookies unless forced into it by circumstances out of their control.

48 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

When you look at his long run, his acceleration is quite obvious, I think people are mistaking patience and hesitation for lack of speed

Maybe...I don't think 3 carries in basically 7 quarters of football would tell anything. Only thing I'd say is the fumble because after that he any opportunities that he was going to get were gone at that point basically.

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

7 - Jordan - This man is worth his contract just on being a hype-man alone.  Jordan was all about the fans in this game, waiving his arms to get the crowd louder, running around the endzone, and overall just giving the defense it's personality.  His performance didn't jump off the stat sheet, but neither did anyone on the Titan's offense.  In a game where I was initially worried about the loss of Ed and Settle, I was calmer to know Jordan was still in there.

Go Bills!

I am so glad he is back in BLo!  I like this guy a lot, as a player and as a person.

The play he nearly sacked Tannehill on, they had a great downfield view of what Tannehill was trying to do. The safety (wasn't sure who on the Bills) let a WR go down the sideline and would've been wide open.  Tannehill was trying to put all he could into the throw and Big Phil hit him right at the release and prevented the possible TD. It was a big hit much like the lick he put on Stafford the week before. I hate that he might not play Sunday against Tua.

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe...I don't think 3 carries in basically 7 quarters of football would tell anything. Only thing I'd say is the fumble because after that he any opportunities that he was going to get were gone at that point basically.

He did screw the pooch with that. And I’m not saying he’s going to be good, it that was the first time I saw him blow past people and exhibiting speed you never see out of Moss. will he be good enough to to find holes to use that speed? Is the line good enough to hold blocks long enough for him to get outside? Have no idea. I don’t believe he has the size needed to be an inside runner and has not shown an ability to break tackles. Has not had an opportunity to show what happens if he gets the ball in space, that’s where he will either become an asset or a wasted pick…

8 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

On Diggs's long TD, I was watching the receiving on the near side of the field (for me), and the guy next to me said, "He's got him!" just as Josh was beginning to throw.  I looked up and saw Diggs beyond his defender.   I remember thinking, "this is a touchdown," because I knew Allen would hit him and I knew Diggs would catch.  Then, with the ball in the air, I thought, "Is it too long?"  Then Diggs had what looked like just two steps that amount to an extra speed burst - it looked like he turned on the afterburners to make up a little ground, then turned them off again and just settled into getting under the ball and finding a comfortable way to catch it.  The two of them together already are masters at what they do, and they have several more seasons to do it.   It's really special.  

I really appreciate hearing these types of observations from those in attendance. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He did screw the pooch with that. And I’m not saying he’s going to be good, it that was the first time I saw him blow past people and exhibiting speed you never see out of Moss. will he be good enough to to find holes to use that speed? Is the line good enough to hold blocks long enough for him to get outside? Have no idea. I don’t believe he has the size needed to be an inside runner and has not shown an ability to break tackles. Has not had an opportunity to show what happens if he gets the ball in space, that’s where he will either become an asset or a wasted pick…

Agree with you. what you said here is pretty much the same thing I was saying up thread to a couple other posters. Haven't had the opportunities to feel one way or other disappointed or confident imo

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.