How in the world do you stop this offense?

JerseyBills

11 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Having Josh Allen is even more reason to run - QB run game you got 6 blockers for their 5 defenders.

So let’s see we run for 4 yards a play but we pass for 8 yards a play and our QB takes no hits. Hmmm, tough choice. Not. Clock moves slower, we get more possessions, we score more points and we demoralize the Fish even more. This isn’t the old Bills where we were trying to keep other teams from having possessions. We want more possessions, not less. 

5 hours ago, Locomark said:

So let’s see we run for 4 yards a play but we pass for 8 yards a play and our QB takes no hits. Hmmm, tough choice. Not. Clock moves slower, we get more possessions, we score more points and we demoralize the Fish even more. This isn’t the old Bills where we were trying to keep other teams from having possessions. We want more possessions, not less. 

The thread was “how do you stop this offense?”… I’m not suggesting we do any of this lol.

As I’ve said 2 Man is the best chance to shut down what we want to do, but makes you extremely susceptible to the run game. There’s no good option to “stop” this offense which is what the OP really wants to hear.

I put far too much thought into it but if I am Defense Coordinator I am going to play a Dime defense most of the game, and try and force Bills to run it between tackles. Make the Bills best me with what they are less good at, power running. Basically it forces Josh to make more plays to get his TD, therefore more chances of mistakes.

I think the only way you win against the bills right now if your not the chiefs is capitalize on mistakes early and grind the clock out on offense keeping Allen off the feild. The titans were still in the game in the 1st quarter because they capitalized on a penalty scored and ground out the clock. If you can grind the clock out and keep semi pace all game and get the ball last you could win, I imagine that was the titans plan until they fell apart.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan

7 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I put far too much thought into it but if I am Defense Coordinator I am going to play a Dime defense most of the game, and try and force Bills to run it between tackles. Make the Bills best me with what they are less good at, power running. Basically it forces Josh to make more plays to get his TD, therefore more chances of mistakes.

Prepare to be shredded. Too much thought into a bad idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.