Is Christian Benford better than Wallace?

John from Riverside

7 minutes ago, Utah John said:

For man to man, Elam is probably better than Benford, but the Bills play mostly zone where Benford is better.  It's just great to have two rookies who are ready to step in and play.

The bonus here is that we picked up a 6th round capable starter for zone (which we play most of the time) and and a legit man to man cb just to mess with people.  It also seems like they both like to come up and tackle.

So Levi beat out Dane for CB2 last year and now Dane and both rookies who aren't even as good as Dane are better than Levi? Uhhh ok. I think you guys have recency bias. If these dB's are still holding up after KC game then I'll come back and say I was wrong but I highly doubt it

Edited by KDIGGZ

2 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I was gonna say... If I am judging their complete games, Elam was better in coverage Monday night than Benford was and he tackled well too. Not sure why the convo needs to be "Is Benford better than Wallace". Elam is the guy thats going to progress more with his talent base. Its a wonderful bonus that Benford is a ready made zone player and a great find for us!

Late round pick versus Wallace that’s why I brought it up

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Is Christian Benford better than Wallace?

I know it’s early I’m re-watching Monday nights game and I got a Telya I’m really impressed with Christian Benford he looked really good out there and made some key tackles on the Titans running back

He also didn’t get beat in coverage much

Is he already better than Levi Wallace was

I know it's too soon to say any of this, but watching this kid Benford play ... it makes me upset we took Elam over Breece Hall. Kid is balling.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I know it's too soon to say any of this, but watching this kid Benford play ... it makes me upset we took Elam over Breece Hall. Kid is balling.

He has 78 yards rushing, 48 yards receiving and 1 TD in 2 games.  I'll take Elam with White out and Jackson getting injured.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Yeah Breece is actually getting the ball Whereas cook is not I don’t want to derail this and turn this into a running back thread but the two teams are using their draft picks significantly differently what we should be happy is that we found a sixth round player that can start

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.