Bills are smack dab in the middle of a Championship window

zow2

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you hitting on us?

I’m not blind.  The bills are hot!  

seeiously.  The Bills look like the best team in football.  The metrics say they are the best team in football.  It’s week 3 now.  There isn’t any debate to be had about who is no.1. It’s the Bills

• Agree 1

The team is stacked, is killing opponents and is probably only playing at like 80-85% of its ceiling/capability.  National media types keep saying we are playing perfectly, but I'm not seeing that.  We are playing really well, but not near our peak (see New England playoff drubbing).  I feel really good about our chances, but I will never feel super duper confident until we get by the Chiefs in the playoffs.  There isn't a single other team in the league that worries me.

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Even if we are up by 30 in the 4th, I want to keep my foot on the gas against Miami.

I agree.  This is a HUGE game, imo, that could determine the trajectory of Miami/Tua and our rivalry going forward.  If we can go into Miami and yet again serve them a 40 oz can of whoopazz, it could be a one shot kill to their confidence and season.  I really do not want to be playing catch up to Miami in the standings with KC, Baltimore and GB on the menu in the next few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree.  This is a HUGE game, imo, that could determine the trajectory of Miami/Tua and our rivalry going forward.  If we can go into Miami and yet again serve them a 40 oz can of whoopazz, it could be a one shot kill to their confidence and season.  I really do not want to be playing catch up to Miami in the standings with KC, Baltimore and GB on the menu in the next few weeks.

Yep...step on their neck and keep our foot on it.  Let them know we are still in charge and they're not very good.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I’m not blind.  The bills are hot!  

seeiously.  The Bills look like the best team in football.  The metrics say they are the best team in football.  It’s week 3 now.  There isn’t any debate to be had about who is no.1. It’s the Bills

While I believe it, and it absolutely does(and it did for much of the past 2 years as well with how we have tied an NFL record set by the 41-42 Bears under George Halas with 20 straight victories by 10 or more points), until we can actually translate that into a playoff victory against the Chiefs(or whoever we play in the AFC Championship game assuming we get there), I still have some pause.

I think Von Miller was brought in to get us over that hump.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

While I believe it, and it absolutely does(and it did for much of the past 2 years as well with how we have tied an NFL record set by the 41-42 Bears under George Halas with 20 straight victories by 10 or more points), until we can actually translate that into a playoff victory against the Chiefs(or whoever we play in the AFC Championship game assuming we get there), I still have some pause.

I think Von Miller was brought in to get us over that hump.

I remember watching GB lose to San Fran repeatedly in the playoffs….until they didn’t. 
   The two biggest things that give me confidence:

1. The D line stopping the run ( our biggest D weakness for years now).

2. Josh understanding the Defense pre and post snap on a much higher level than before. He ran 2 times Monday night with only one by design.  He didn’t scramble much either. If he can become the QB who can use his scrambling as a last resort….ooof!!!! He truly becomes one of the greatest of all time if he stays healthy for the long run.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills need to win a Super Bowl this season not worry about a window closing. The only window potentially closing is “Mr 13 seconds” Sean McDermott Bills coaching career he should be fired if he doesn’t win the Super Bowl this season he already cost us a Super Bowl last season. I guarantee Bill Belichick would have won a Super Bowl already with the talent we have with Josh Allen ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with Bills or Buffalo it’s the coach Sean McDermott decision making he panics. I have been following Buffalo sports for 48 years why do we Buffalo seem get silly mistakes that shouldn’t happen, 13 seconds, home run throwback, wide right, Fergy limping around on a bad ankle against the San Diego Chargers, the Sabres no goal, the Sabres losing to Quebec Nordiques the Statsny brothers, the Sabres losing to the Bruins Brad Park in OT in the Boston Garden in 7, the Sabres losing to the Penguins Saturday afternoon at the AUD George Ferguson in OT. It was 1979 BSF was 11 years old I had serious doubts about Buffalo winning anything about then. Also brought on by the Buffalo Braves moving away in 1978 to San Diego, the Braves losing to the Boston Celtics on a foul called with no time left we lose of course, trading Bob McAdoo, Moses Malone and Adrian Dantley what kind of city sports teams does that? 1979 the Big East Conference forms none of the Western New York Little Three basketball teams get invited even though the AUD is available the Braves moved in 1978 and the Bonnies basketball was still good they were NIT champions in 1977. 

Why did it take 50 years to develop Buffalo Canalside who does that besides Buffalo? Mark Twain’s Buffalo Courier Express closing Mark Twain for the love of Buffalo ridiculous, the businesses and factories moving away along with our population ridiculous. The Bonnies Bob Lanier tripping over Villanova’s Chris Ford hurting his knee costing Buffalo a undisputed NCAA national basketball championship remember the two Bills AFL championships are disputed because of the NFL championships there was no Super Bowl in 1964 or 1965, the rest of our championships were in minor league baseball and hockey with the Buffalo Baseball Bisons and Buffalo Hockey Bisons, getting blown out by the Kansas City Chiefs so the Bills don’t go to Super Bowl I, trading Daryle Lamonica to the Oakland Raiders. WNY political leaders running away with the Lancaster dome stadium money and we pay for a stadium that never gets built it cost Buffalo MLB baseball franchise that is just a few things. Win the Super Bowl or the Bills season is a failure and Sean McDermott has to go I have wait and been patient long enough 48 years and counting. I am 55 years old this December. I am old I don’t have another 48 years the Bills have to win with QB Josh Allen career or I doubt BSF is going to see it the way the Buffalo teams takes time to rebuild decades in length 17 years for the Bills and the Sabres drought is 12 years my 10 year old nephew has never seen the Buffalo Sabres play in a playoff game ridiculous in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills need to win a Super Bowl this season not worry about a window closing. The only window potentially closing is “Mr 13 seconds” Sean McDermott Bills coaching career he should be fired if he doesn’t win the Super Bowl this season he already cost us a Super Bowl last season. I guarantee Bill Belichick would have won a Super Bowl already with the talent we have with Josh Allen ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with Bills or Buffalo it’s the coach Sean McDermott decision making he panics. I have been following Buffalo sports for 48 years why do we Buffalo seem get silly mistakes that shouldn’t happen, 13 seconds, home run throwback, wide right, Fergy limping around on a bad ankle against the San Diego Chargers, the Sabres no goal, the Sabres losing to Quebec Nordiques the Statsny brothers, the Sabres losing to the Bruins Brad Park in OT in the Boston Garden in 7, the Sabres losing to the Penguins Saturday afternoon at the AUD George Ferguson in OT. It was 1979 BSF was 11 years old I had serious doubts about Buffalo winning anything about then. Also brought on by the Buffalo Braves moving away in 1978 to San Diego, the Braves losing to the Boston Celtics on a foul called with no time left we lose of course, trading Bob McAdoo, Moses Malone and Adrian Dantley what kind of city sports teams does that? 1979 the Big East Conference forms none of the Western New York Little Three basketball teams get invited even though the AUD is available the Braves moved in 1978 and the Bonnies basketball was still good they were NIT champions in 1977. 

Why did it take 50 years to develop Buffalo Canalside who does that besides Buffalo? Mark Twain’s Buffalo Courier Express closing Mark Twain for the love of Buffalo ridiculous, the businesses and factories moving away along with our population ridiculous. The Bonnies Bob Lanier tripping over Villanova’s Chris Ford hurting his knee costing Buffalo a undisputed NCAA national basketball championship remember the two Bills AFL championships are disputed because of the NFL championships there was no Super Bowl in 1964 or 1965, the rest of our championships were in minor league baseball and hockey with the Buffalo Baseball Bisons and Buffalo Hockey Bisons, getting blown out by the Kansas City Chiefs so the Bills don’t go to Super Bowl I, trading Daryle Lamonica to the Oakland Raiders. WNY political leaders running away with the Lancaster dome stadium money and we pay for a stadium that never gets built it cost Buffalo MLB baseball franchise that is just a few things. Win the Super Bowl or the Bills season is a failure and Sean McDermott has to go I have wait and been patient long enough 48 years and counting. I am 55 years old this December. I am old I don’t have another 48 years the Bills have to win with QB Josh Allen career or I doubt BSF is going to see it the way the Buffalo teams takes time to rebuild decades in length 17 years for the Bills and the Sabres drought is 12 years my 10 year old nephew has never seen the Buffalo Sabres play in a playoff game ridiculous in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I made a thread exactly detailing this. McD has tons of pressure( no he won’t get fired if they don’t win super bowl) and sleepless nights 

• Eyeroll 1

We got the 2 pieces to make a SB run for multiple years.  Josh and Von.  A superstar on both sides of the ball.

Enjoy the ride.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

They don’t have enough WR depth.  If Davis ever gets injured, we are in trouble.

image.png

Edited by hjnick

5 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I understand your frustration but McDermott wasn’t here 48 years ago. He’s only been here like 5. Each year we have gotten better. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.