THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Highmark Rocks

Shaw66

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Maybe not the appropriate place but can someone explain the "false start"/"Offside" controversy from the first half.   I don't listen to the audio during Bills games.  How was that explained away by the official?

The refs forgot their glasses last night. The "false start" an then the "illegal" snap. Couldn't see an offensive infraction in either of these. Another bad night for the refs.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

The refs forgot their glasses last night. The "false start" an then the "illegal" snap. Couldn't see an offensive infraction in either of these. Another bad night for the refs.

The spotting of the ball was awful all night too.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Maybe not the appropriate place but can someone explain the "false start"/"Offside" controversy from the first half.   I don't listen to the audio during Bills games.  How was that explained away by the official?

Titans DT jumps just offside but doesn't make any contact.

Bills C goes to tap him on the head to create contact and active the penalty.

Titan DT was barely offside and then jumped back onside immediately.

By the time the Bills C touched his helmet the Titans DT was just barely back on his own side of the LOS.

Since he was no longer in the neutral zone, the penalty goes to Buffalo for movement/initiating contact.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Titans DT jumps just offside.

Bills C goes to tap him on the head to active the penalty.

Titan DT was barely off and tehn jumped back onside immediately.

By the time the Bills C touched his helmet the Titans DT was just barely back on his own side of the LOS.

Since he was no longer in the neutral zone, the penalty goes to Buffalo for movement/initiating contact.

Thank you very much.  I didn't realize the touch had to occur while the D was over the line of encroachment.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Titans DT jumps just offside but doesn't make any contact.

Bills C goes to tap him on the head to create contact and active the penalty.

Titan DT was barely offside and then jumped back onside immediately.

I figured, and grudgingly believed, this to be the case from the stands last night. But then I saw the reverse happen - a Bill jumped offside, and it looked like he got back in plenty of time but was still called, was that one also legit? 

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

I figured, and grudgingly believed, this to be the case from the stands last night. But then I saw the reverse happen - a Bill jumped offside, and it looked like he got back in plenty of time but was still called, was that one also legit? 

Yeah, that was almost exactly a reverse image of the earlier one that was called on the offense.

I thought stripes might call it that way again to keep things square, but I think in the 2nd case, the Bills DT (was it Phillips again?) was .1 second slower getting back onside and got tapped on the hat when he was still just barely in the neutral zone.

It was finer than frog hair, but I thought they actually got both calls right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thank you as always for your excellent write-up Shaw.  Reading it really made me feel like I was right there enjoying the festivities and atmosphere with everyone else.  

Man I would've lost it when Marv took the mic and asked everyone "Where would you rather be, then right here, right now?". 

I say this with unbridled arrogance, certaincy, this is going to be one of, if not THE most magical year in the history of the Buffalo Bills.  I say this not as a fanboy, or some fan lacking football knowledge just making outrageous, thoughtless predictions for the heck of it, but in my humble opinion, the only team that can stop the Buffalo Bills, is the Buffalo Bills.  Four starters out pregame(Oliver, Settle, White, and Davis), during the course of the game we lose four MORE starters(Phillips might as well be considered one), our offense was a bit out of sync in that first half particularly, yet we STILL ABSOLUTELY EVISCERATED the Titans!  Missing two of our D tackles and then a third goes out, and we STILL hold Henry to 25 yards on 13 carries.  Like for real?  

I can only imagine how that stadium was rockin last night.  Thanks again for the awesome write-up friend.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Bruce Smith, wearing his number 78 jersey, came on the field with survivors and relatives of victims of the May 14th attack at Tops Market in Buffalo.  He spoke beautifully, with power and emotion, with love and compassion.  He thanked all who have responded.  He challenged all of us to continue to love and support the survivors and our community.  He celebrated Buffalo and its future.  An excellent “Choose Love” video ran on the video screens.

Umm... what?  He was wearing a Choose Love shirt.  Here's the whole speech.

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Thank you as always for your excellent write-up Shaw.  Reading it really made me feel like I was right there enjoying the festivities and atmosphere with everyone else.  

Man I would've lost it when Marv took the mic and asked everyone "Where would you rather be, then right here, right now?". 

I say this with unbridled arrogance, certaincy, this is going to be one of, if not THE most magical year in the history of the Buffalo Bills.  I say this not as a fanboy, or some fan lacking football knowledge just making outrageous, thoughtless predictions for the heck of it, but in my humble opinion, the only team that can stop the Buffalo Bills, is the Buffalo Bills.  Four starters out pregame(Oliver, Settle, White, and Davis), during the course of the game we lose four MORE starters(Phillips might as well be considered one), our offense was a bit out of sync in that first half particularly, yet we STILL ABSOLUTELY EVISCERATED the Titans!  Missing two of our D tackles and then a third goes out, and we STILL hold Henry to 25 yards on 13 carries.  Like for real?  

I can only imagine how that stadium was rockin last night.  Thanks again for the awesome write-up friend.

Last year, we beat up on bad teams and then lost to good (Colts)  and playoff (Titans, Steelers, Tampa Bay, New England)  bound teams.  

This year we have beat up the crap on the defending SB champions in their own stadium and then knocked the Titans out of the ballpark at Highmark stadium.   Can they keep up the momentum with the suddenly resurgent Dolphins,  how the hell I gave up my21-point lead Ravens,   the suddenly OC-finger pointing Steelers and our annual rivalry against the Chiefs....This is a dream season indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, arcane said:

The distinction is that the Bills Center reached out and purposefully touched the Titan D Lineman. When you do that, the penalty is on the offense. Simple! It was the correct call. 

Hey Shaw were you also distracted by the stupid Eagles game from inside the stadium? 😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.