Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

On 9/22/2022 at 9:43 AM, elijah said:

I don’t miss losing, but I will say the games aren’t as stressful and therefore don’t carry the same excitement with success as they used to. When the Bills are tied, or even down, there’s no anxiety just a calmness in me that fully expects the tides to turn. 

Expecting and knowing we’re going to win isn’t quite as much of a ride as thinking and hoping we win. 

Whelp, you got a heck of an exciting ride Sunday.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

I found the masochistic. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

I would like to congratulate you @Einstein  on your recent dopamine high.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.