Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

22 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I responded with a "vomit" emoji to the OP, but I can see where he's coming from.  Outside of the Chiefs playoff game, the way we've been absolutely destroying teams over the past 8 games or so, is almost sort of getting...gulp...a little boring?  There is something to watching a game against a quality opponent and finding yourself in a close game in the 4th quarter and thinking, "wow, the Bills are playing really well tonight...they could win this game." 

But I'm guessing we are going to start seeing some more competitive games starting this Sunday and continuing up through the bye.  We've got some good opponents on the way and teams will start to figure out ways to slow down this offense.

I'm glad you followed up with that 2nd statement. As Shaw said, still trying to get used to all this winning and hype. But it's a hell of ride so far.

I'm excited, yet nervous about Sunday's game. Can you imaging if we lose? All the "Bills are the juggernaut of the league" talk goes away. That's not terrible, but it'll be replaced by the Tua hype, which I don't think I can stomach. The "Tua is better than Josh" arguments will fill the airwaves, which I don't think I can stomach. The power rankings might have the Bills at 4 and Dolphins at 3 behind the Chiefs and Bucs. Don't care much about power rankings, but they'll be saying the Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East, which I don't think I can stomach. 

Bottom line: We're not on cruise control. And being considered the best team in the league still comes with excitement, nerves, worry and anticipation.

I kept saying this but it’s not as fun posting here. There is so little to complain about. Like people complain if Allen is the number 1 ranked qb. I also hate how many people jumped on our backyard. Don’t Remember all these fans with Edward and Losman!

and it’s definitely the Bills/ Buffalo part of me that makes me absolutely terrified how this painfully this will end. But I’m just enjoying the ride and I’m so happy. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

Only needed to read the title to say "No! Just ...... absolutely No!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I kept saying this but it’s not as fun posting here. There is so little to complain about. Like people complain if Allen is the number 1 ranked qb. I also hate how many people jumped on our backyard. Don’t Remember all these fans with Edward and Losman!

and it’s definitely the Bills/ Buffalo part of me that makes me absolutely terrified how this painfully this will end. But I’m just enjoying the ride and I’m so happy. 

The bandwagon is really the only “negative” part. I’ve noticed in Central NY that large numbers of Jets and Giants have almost completely disappeared, everyone has been a Bills fan for life. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I can’t believe there are 13 pages to this topic and yet here I am posting to it. No freakin way do I “miss” losing. I don’t care to ever experience another “drought” or to be stuck in QB purgatory! I had friends ask me if I was still watching the game Monday night in the 4th qtr. I was like hell yea going to enjoy every moment I can and will never get tired of winning!

LETS GO BUFFALO 🦬 THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 6:29 PM, Boyst62 said:

I miss the honesty of the sincere fan versus many of the Johnny come latelys and bandwagon bunch.

My co worker has been a patriots fan since I met him.  Tuesday he comes in wearing a Bills hat.  He says he has always been a fan of both.  Starts talking about how the Bills defense was #1 last year and no pro bowlers.  Then starts talking about how excited he will be when the Bills finally win the super bowl this season.  I wanted to punch him. 😡.  I will literally bawl like a baby for hours if the Bills ever achieve such a lofty goal.  

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah you and @PromoTheRobot were fan-blamers...........the strangest of animals.    When the team lost it was never the fault of the organization and the fans didn't deserve any better because they were a bunch of ingrates. :lol:

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.