Does any part of you miss the losing?

Einstein

20 minutes ago, Lfod said:

This is strange, hear me out. So my dad has been a Bills fan a long time so the reason I became a fan was so we had something in common to talk about. 

Well the past few seasons things are going well and he hasn't really been messaging me about the team or the games and I started to wonder a few days ago if that maybe the team is so good he just isn't into as much. 

I really just hope he is busy or doesn't like me anymore because he went through all the bad years and I would hate to think he lost interest around the same time the Bills became world beaters. 

I see this thread and I was just thinking about if people could lose interest because the team is so good and man it is like kind of creepy. 

Not being sarcastic but maybe a mini mental status test is in order u can do it yourself:  http://www.heart instituted.com/Misc/Forms/MMSE.1276128605.pdf

Edited by redtail hawk

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

what kind of crap is this?

come on man. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Stadium Wall is a bore to read as there is nothing but injury updates, some news about others teams (should I care coming here to read Bills) and then questions about just how good Josh, Diggs or the defense is, and then the stupid ones on top of that.

Well guess we can have some fake worries about the running game or third & short play calling too.....

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

My grade school years were the mid-80’s when the Bills went 2-14 two years in a row. Kay Stevenson and Hank Bullough were our coaches and a washed up Vince Ferragamo was our QB. My happiest moment as a fan was not making the SB, it was winning the division against the Jets in 1988. My second happiest was breaking the drought in 2017.

Were you in a Coma during the Super Bow years?

I might be in the minority but I liked the OP post.

I think if you always feel like and underdog and see the sports teams you root for as an extension of your personality....  it can be easier to relate to the drought Bills versus the dominant Bills.   I'm not complaining, I'm just saying

My suggestion is to root for the Sabres this year.  11 years without the playoffs but signs of hope there 

• Like (+1) 2

No I don’t feel that..but there is still a place to root for the chip on the shoulder Bills because we still haven’t gotten over the hump. 

I know it’s probably not sustainable but like Von mentioned they have a bunch of “killers on this team” and I hope we try to lay 40 points on every team we face. I want to crush every team into oblivion..sort of like the first two games

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

13 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I might be in the minority but I liked the OP post.

I think if you always feel like and underdog and see the sports teams you root for as an extension of your personality....  it can be easier to relate to the drought Bills versus the dominant Bills.   I'm not complaining, I'm just saying

My suggestion is to root for the Sabres this year.  11 years without the playoffs but signs of hope there 

it's got a name:  stockholm syndrome

• Haha (+1) 1

I get what this guy was trying to say. Almost all of our connections with the Bills is a roller coaster ride of false hope and standing up for the lovable loser only to have your heart broken. Honorable but painful. It sucked but it was our identity as fans and it made us all who we are.

This current period is hopefully the payoff. The only thing that is a little upsetting about this run is there are expectations. Meaning, you basically have to win this thing now. It’s almost like you can’t really overactive..you either do what you should do or you let down. It’s a scary place to be the longer it goes without happening. But man if they just finish it one time. Hopefully this year….then I think it’s all good. And this team is so fun to watch. That Chiefs game last year was just the height of what it should feel like. Just enjoy the ride and let’s just get 1 here. Go Bills!

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Before you immediately jump to answer "NO", realize that this question does not mean that you don't like winning.

I enjoy the Bills recent success and I root for a championship trophy. I have a man crush on Josh Allen that my colleagues find odd. That being said, part of me misses the drama of Flutie v Johnson, Bledsoe v Losman, the Fitzpatrick upward trajectory followed by the downward trajectory, top 10 pick draft talk, checking the playoff tiebreakers to find a 1 in 1,000 chance of making the tournament, etc. I wonder if the large swings in outcomes of the past created a dopamine response in my brain.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or perhaps I am in a party of one?

In a weird way I miss being the underdogs. I am so confident now on gamedays , there's very little nervousness. McD , Beane and Josh seemed to be perfecting their craft and its amazing to see.

I get the statement.  I understand.  Enjoy the ride brother.

I'll say this - there are lower stakes to the regular season games because we know we're playoff-bound and we know that Josh can win us a Superbowl regardless of which seed we are.  I was at the game on Monday and it was positively electric during the first 3 quarters (the Jackson injury aside).  But once it was obvious we'd won and on the way out to the parking lot it was a rather "on to the next one" vibe.  Whereas, had we won a MNF game by 34 points five years ago, it actually would have felt like winning the SB.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And when the Bills lose this season, this place will come back to life.  I am missing the McD threads and posts as to his management of the offence.

And if he has another 13 second debacle......😝

so what you're saying is that you're looking forward to a loss so this place can be more entertaining for you?

1 minute ago, teef said:

so what you're saying is that you're looking forward to a loss so this place can be more entertaining for you?

Teef missing the point again????  I'm for the Bills going 20-0 every year.  But yes TSW is pretty boring right now and little really to discuss.

I have plenty of other sites I can go to for content (Bills & otherwise).

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Teef missing the point again????  I'm for the Bills going 20-0 every year.  But yes TSW is pretty boring right now and little really to discuss.

I have plenty of other sites I can go to for content (Bills & otherwise).

i get what you're saying, but you're old enough to know boring is good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.